Quantcast
Locked: I want the XBOX ONE to Fail and Die.....Am I wrong to feel this way?

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I want the XBOX ONE to Fail and Die.....Am I wrong to feel this way?

kowenicki said:
LurkerJ said:
kowenicki said:
m0ney said:
I don't get it - offensive threads like these appear here all the time and noone gives a s apparently, but as soon as I post some insignificance I get warning from moderators.


It's how it is now... Site has lost all integrity IMO.

It's a zoo. 


Sensitive souls need to leave before launch.

On topic: I am not sure what the Xbone does and doesn't anymore. I am waiting for more clarifications from MS about games sharing.

sensitive souls? How ironic.

say anything remotely neg about Sony or a Sony console and a raft of reports swiftly follows.

True. But you won't get banned for it. You particularly should know that by now. Stop complaining each time you sense negativity towards your favourite company. For two reasons, it's their fault their PR is horseshit, and you are too old for that. The original post is asking a question, if you think he is out of line, report it and move on. Otherwise you are not better than the sensitive SONY fans who whines each time you bring up financials.



Around the Network

No, you're not. Microsoft's system is an abortion without the customer (gamer) needs in mind. It deserves to meet a tragic ending. Thats not how you design a product.



LurkerJ said:
kowenicki said:
LurkerJ said:
kowenicki said:
m0ney said:
I don't get it - offensive threads like these appear here all the time and noone gives a s apparently, but as soon as I post some insignificance I get warning from moderators.


It's how it is now... Site has lost all integrity IMO.

It's a zoo. 


Sensitive souls need to leave before launch.

On topic: I am not sure what the Xbone does and doesn't anymore. I am waiting for more clarifications from MS about games sharing.

sensitive souls? How ironic.

say anything remotely neg about Sony or a Sony console and a raft of reports swiftly follows.

True. But you won't get banned for it. You particularly should know that by now. Stop complaining each time you sense negativity towards your favourite company. For two reasons, it's their fault their PR is horseshit, and you are too old for that. The original post is asking a question, if you think he is out of line, report it and move on. Otherwise you are not better than the sensitive SONY fans who whines each time you bring up financials.

Not in my experience.

How could you possibly know?



I'm not really here!

Link: Shipment History Since 1995


I dont really want it to "fail and die". I want it to be a moderate success, but a vast failure when compared to the 360.

If it did Xbox numbers, I would be happy. They need to be taught a lesson, hopefully the public teach them it.



kowenicki said:

If you "literally hate" a console then id suggest getting some perspective in your life.

It's actually quite tragic to think that way about plastic and transistors. 

Think of it this way.

Imagine investing thousands of dollars of stock into a company that shows great promise and innovation, only to have it crash and burn thanks to foolish policies and leadership.

 

MS had Everything going for them, then they screwed it up again and again. I was extremely excited for console and hoping that MS would show us a vision for the future. Instead, what I got was Anti-Consumer policies + DRM + $499 + Some of the worst PR and confusion I have ever witnessed.

The only benefit for the consumer of these always connected and online policies seems to be the 'infinite power of the cloud' which comes off as a marketing gimmick akin to the CELL.

At this point, I am hoping to wait and see if the console bombs hard enough during Spring 2014 that MS changes their mind and announces a whole new strategy, policies, and price cut for E3 2014.



Around the Network

There are many reasons in wanting only 2 big players in the console business, without fanboyish motivations. I think we can all agree on the biggest reason, that the less consoles there are, the easier it is to get all the games.

Of course we can look at it "selfishly" as well. For instance, if one of MS or Sony is out of the console business, then suddenly, 3rd party multiplats become a viable business move for Nintendo. As in, now Nintendo can make powerful hardware once again. But as long as there is 2 main players looking to satisfy the "core", Ninty will not go that power route (and suffer another Gamecube defeat).

At the end of the day, I do hope XBone flops and forces M$ out. Mainly due to their own awful, non-consumer friendly policies, arrogance & greed, as well as for the above mentioned reasons.



kowenicki said:

Not in my experience.

How could you possibly know?


The clue would be in his username - "Lurker"

You have a reputation here. You dont have to have been lurking for long to know about kowenicki.



We live in a captalist world, sure. But, what Microsoft is doing is beyond that, DRM-policies for Xbox One are almost fascist. They have to make money with pro-gamer measures, like great games, great features and great content, not with treating it product like a essential item they could do anything and we would buy anyway because we had no option, only MS don`t know we do. It`s not even in a coke position where it can charge more because they have such a following that competition race for second or third place. Xbone may do great in US because the brainwashed population that even defends PRISM, but will bomb hard in Europe where people dont`t take everything down their throats.



Carl2291 said:
kowenicki said:

Not in my experience.

How could you possibly know?


The clue would be in his username - "Lurker"

You have a reputation here. You dont have to have been lurking for long to know about kowenicki.


Which wasn't what I was talking about.

how would he know that people don't get banned from reports.

its impossible.



I'm not really here!

Link: Shipment History Since 1995


kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:
kowenicki said:

Not in my experience.

How could you possibly know?


The clue would be in his username - "Lurker"

You have a reputation here. You dont have to have been lurking for long to know about kowenicki.


Which wasn't what I was talking about.

how would he know that people don't get banned from reports.

its impossible.

Under that logic wouldn't it be impossible to know how many reports any given post gets and therefore your statement 

"say anything remotely neg about Sony or a Sony console and a raft of reports swiftly follows."

would be equally as unproven.



...