Quantcast
Can Xbox One start fresh?

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Can Xbox One start fresh?

I was just wandering, due to all the negative press on the new xbox, if it would be possible for them to drop all the DRM and start fresh?

Do you think they are in too deep to turn back?

Would it be possible to drop it all even after launch?

Because if they have servers for 'extra cloud power', and systems being made for retailers to enable the sale of games, can they change things quickly enough to make an impact or improve there image?

Personally, i think not, not within launch anyway



Around the Network
Tomothebarbarian93 said:

Do you think they are in too deep to turn back?

Yup, and will probably get even deeper in still. MS is very stubborn about their decisions, I don't see them making a U turn until they get humiliated by Sony at retail. Even then, I see them just throwing more and more money at it.



 This whole DRM thing was decided. There is no  getting  rid  of that, unless they ditch the Xbox one and start a new console.



                
       ---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Xbox One will rape Wii U and PS4 on USA this holiday. Sadly, but it's true. The console is a american thing.



Click HERE and be happy 

LemonSlice said:
Tomothebarbarian93 said:

Do you think they are in too deep to turn back?

Yup, and will probably get even deeper in still. MS is very stubborn about their decisions, I don't see them making a U turn until they get humiliated by Sony at retail. Even then, I see them just throwing more and more money at it.


Yeah, maybe windows in the living room or some other agenda is more important to them than popularity ?



Around the Network

 But Mario was always big in America you know. In fact, Mario is bigger in America and Europe than in Japan.



                
       ---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

EricFabian said:
Xbox One will rape Wii U and PS4 on USA this holiday. Sadly, but it's true. The console is a american thing.



This says otherwise.. so far anyway.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/14/e3-2013-ps4-outpacing-xbox-one-pre-orders

 

Xbox IS dominant in USA, but if current pre-orders are tracking 3:2 in favour of ps4 in Xboxland then damn I can imagine what it's like in Europe.

Same goes for the UK here we are like US in it being Xbox dominant but pre-orders for ps4 are dominating. PRe-owned is a big thing in the UK and US so hitting the 2 biggest pre-owned markets with co-incidentally the 2 places xbox is dominant well do the maths :)



Tomothebarbarian93 said:

I was just wandering, due to all the negative press on the new xbox, if it would be possible for them to drop all the DRM and start fresh?

Do you think they are in too deep to turn back?

Would it be possible to drop it all even after launch?

Because if they have servers for 'extra cloud power', and systems being made for retailers to enable the sale of games, can they change things quickly enough to make an impact or improve there image?

Personally, i think not, not within launch anyway

Well, they dominated the E3 in term of games (and they did not spend the majority of their time to show multiplatform games).
So if they really wanted to drop (I doubt it); the impact would be very positive !



They wont turn back and as EricFabian said - they'll own america, this gen is a long time and people will soon forget about DRM and buy it if they like - problem is by then i see PS4 being way ahead in sales (outside US) and the Xbox not being that attractive to the mass market from then onwards and having no way back.

A few rubbish articles popping up saying wiiu is like the dreamcast - the Xbox could be more like it in my opinion.



 


Let me put it this way:

Microsoft's main thing is their OS, and with Win 8 they launched an OS with a User Interface that most people no only don't like, but want it gone. Their answer is putting back a start button that does nothing to resolve the biggest problem.

If they do that on one of their more important sections, do you really think they will change anything about the X1?



Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.