Quantcast
Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

Words Of Wisdom said:
taomaster06 said:

i suck at dodging projectiles, so characters like toon link, snake etc... its hard for me to play them. i just end up getting hit by everything.


For me it's just the fact that Toon Link is quick, has projectiles, and his aerial Down + A makes it difficult to juggle him.


 Yes, the juggling part is very difficult when fighting against Toon Link. I think that either Peach or Metaknight have higher priority than his down thrust though... I found that out by fighting you.



Around the Network

Meta has the best priority in the entire game. thus hes 2nd best in the game.




TGM said:
Meta has the best priority in the entire game. thus hes 2nd best in the game.

I'd think Pit would be best or 2nd best, he doesn't really have trouble recovering or K.O.ing and he has a decent amount of projectiles and two ways to reflect them..



Brawl FC: 2106-1814-5245

luinil said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
taomaster06 said:

i suck at dodging projectiles, so characters like toon link, snake etc... its hard for me to play them. i just end up getting hit by everything.


For me it's just the fact that Toon Link is quick, has projectiles, and his aerial Down + A makes it difficult to juggle him.


Yes, the juggling part is very difficult when fighting against Toon Link. I think that either Peach or Metaknight have higher priority than his down thrust though... I found that out by fighting you.


I actually avoided your aerial Down + A in the Metaknight fight.  I either came from the side or simply hit you from below as you landed.  Once you begin the Down + A, I can't be under it.   Unless I'm planning to dodge and retaliate that is. 

TGM said:
Meta has the best priority in the entire game. thus hes 2nd best in the game.

yeah, his reach is longer that it should be, and his speed on top of that makes him very dangerous.



  3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
TruckOSaurus said:
luinil said:
Fun matches everyone. Shea = Shizzlee? and who is Satyr? Did you guys like my Jigglypuff?

I'm gonna repeat myself but I'm guessing you didn't see my earlier Jigglypuff comments :

Those Jigglypuff battles were fun! Loved spoiling your roll attack with Kirby's Final Cutter or Diddy's bananas! That Peach/Jigglypuff finale was so unexpected!!! I didn't think you'd roll right through me if I used Toad!!


How often do you use Toad Truck?


I don't use it that often... mainly when I start to notice a patern in my opponents attacks I'll be able to time it right. Other than that I still struggle with the timing of the move.


Ditto. I think I'm going to try using it to edge guard in the future though. Peach doesn't have too many good edge guard moves IMO.


 Yeah she's not much of a edge-guard... on some occasions down-tilt can be deadly. I used it yesterday on Delfino Plaza in the part where there's 3-4 small platforms and water in between each one of them. It spiked my opponent so hard that he went through the water and died instead of being saved by the water.

That was me you spiked! I didn't know that would happen.

 



Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.

the top 5 are snake,meta,falco,marth,pit.......toon and olimar are super close.




TGM said:
the top 5 are snake,meta,falco,marth,pit.......toon and olimar are super close.

Top five according to what? Have there even been enough large-scale tournaments to form real tier lists yet?



In Melee, I could understand the talk about Tiers, but in Brawl, I'm just not seeing it.

Melee, the best fighters basically ran to the faster medium weight characters; Marth, Link, Shiek, Fox, etc.

In Brawl, it feels like tier ranking is dropped for more of a rock-paper-scissors effect. I've noticed a lot of the people I lose to with Kirby, I have a better shot with Marth (provided I was still at the top of my game with him) but people who give me a hell of a time while I'm using Marth are completely manageable with Kirby.

Ultimately, I think what most of it comes down to is the ability to predict your opponents moves. When people go up against characters that they know well, either by using personally, or by having gone up against frequently, they do better, but if it's a more rarely used character, you end up at a major disadvantage.



Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance


My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

 

Grey Acumen said:
In Melee, I could understand the talk about Tiers, but in Brawl, I'm just not seeing it.

Melee, the best fighters basically ran to the faster medium weight characters; Marth, Link, Shiek, Fox, etc.

In Brawl, it feels like tier ranking is dropped for more of a rock-paper-scissors effect. I've noticed a lot of the people I lose to with Kirby, I have a better shot with Marth (provided I was still at the top of my game with him) but people who give me a hell of a time while I'm using Marth are completely manageable with Kirby.

Ultimately, I think what most of it comes down to is the ability to predict your opponents moves. When people go up against characters that they know well, either by using personally, or by having gone up against frequently, they do better, but if it's a more rarely used character, you end up at a major disadvantage.

I think Marth survived the tier wars mostly due to Ken's strong skills early on. Beyond Ken's superb skills, he wasn't quite so high up.