Quantcast
Digital Foundry: PS4 KILLZONE uses 3GB RAM! (CONFIRMED)

Forums - Sony Discussion - Digital Foundry: PS4 KILLZONE uses 3GB RAM! (CONFIRMED)

Nice.

The PS4 will have no bottlenecks regarding amount RAM. Maybe only bandwidth down the line.



e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network

so no wii U port ?



Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

@ShroudedDarkness

Deus Ex: Atmosphere, story ok won't argue here to each his own, but what was so special about its gameplay to distinguish it from fpses and make it better?



So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

eFKac said:

@ShroudedDarkness

Deus Ex: Atmosphere, story ok won't argue here to each his own, but what was so special about its gameplay to distinguish it from fpses and make it better?


It may just be my lack of knowledge of other FPS but I thought the addition of RPG elements (skill trees, experience, etc.), side quests, 3rd person elements (cover shooting), optional dialogues, multiple ways to complete a mission, etc. was innovative.  Again, that may just be my lack of knowledge showing through. 



They can't be stopped...

 

ShroudedDarkness said:
eFKac said:

@ShroudedDarkness

Deus Ex: Atmosphere, story ok won't argue here to each his own, but what was so special about its gameplay to distinguish it from fpses and make it better?


It may just be my lack of knowledge of other FPS but I thought the addition of RPG elements (skill trees, experience, etc.), side quests, 3rd person elements (cover shooting), optional dialogues, multiple ways to complete a mission, etc. was innovative.  Again, that may just be my lack of knowledge showing through. 


The first Deus Ex from 2000 had RPG elements and it wasn't the first FPS to include them. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas had 3rd person view while in cover back in 2006. 



@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network
zarx said:


The first Deus Ex from 2000 had RPG elements and it wasn't the first FPS to include them. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas had 3rd person view while in cover back in 2006. 


You can go farther back than Deus Ex and look at System Shock.

As for branching dialog tree's... Look at anything made by Black Isle studios in the 90's, in-fact everything he listed has been done before to great effect in other games 10-20 years ago.