Forums - Gaming Discussion - A Video Game Entertainment Curve

Favourite genre?

RPGs
Action and Adventure games
Fighting games
1st person shooters
Sports games
platformers
puzzle games
casual games
other

 

I found this and thought it was pretty funny - how accurate do you think this is? And what genre is your favourite?



     
Games can and should tell stories and share ideas through their mechanics. This is the intrinsic element of the medium and this is how experiences should be crafted in video games. No company does this as well as Nintendo and their echoes from the past.
  Aurum Ring  Delano7  Ocarinahero032

Around the Network

Good stuff

My sig tells me i like shooting things (In video games).



this makes us gamers look like this guy



bananaking21 said:

this makes us gamers look like this guy

that is the mental picture i get in my head when i think about you :P

lol just kidding



My Website Mii-gamer

Sig stolen from PDF

Will save the WiiUPikmin 3, price cut, 3D Mario, WiiFit U, 3rd party support (CoD, AC, Batman, Watch Dogs), Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros U. Another price cut, fire Iwata.

Will Save the Xbox One from the PS4:  Titanfall, price cut, next Gears, next Halo, another price cut, Toastboy44562

Will Save Sony: Sell Buildings, Sell PC Business, Sell TV Business, PS VitaSpiderman movie, Barbie Movie, Sell more Buildings, Playstation 4.


mii-gamer said:
bananaking21 said:

this makes us gamers look like this guy

that is the mental picture i get in my head when i think about you :P

lol just kidding


add a banana shapped hat on the guys head and thats a perfect image of me. sexy right?



Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
mii-gamer said:
bananaking21 said:

this makes us gamers look like this guy

that is the mental picture i get in my head when i think about you :P

lol just kidding


add a banana shapped hat on the guys head and thats a perfect image of me. sexy right?

i'd tap that 



My Website Mii-gamer

Sig stolen from PDF

Will save the WiiUPikmin 3, price cut, 3D Mario, WiiFit U, 3rd party support (CoD, AC, Batman, Watch Dogs), Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros U. Another price cut, fire Iwata.

Will Save the Xbox One from the PS4:  Titanfall, price cut, next Gears, next Halo, another price cut, Toastboy44562

Will Save Sony: Sell Buildings, Sell PC Business, Sell TV Business, PS VitaSpiderman movie, Barbie Movie, Sell more Buildings, Playstation 4.


mii-gamer said:
bananaking21 said:
mii-gamer said:
bananaking21 said:

this makes us gamers look like this guy

 

that is the mental picture i get in my head when i think about you :P

lol just kidding


add a banana shapped hat on the guys head and thats a perfect image of me. sexy right?

i'd tap that 


this is how i am picturing you now



bananaking21 said:

this is how i am picturing you now


im ready



My Website Mii-gamer

Sig stolen from PDF

Will save the WiiUPikmin 3, price cut, 3D Mario, WiiFit U, 3rd party support (CoD, AC, Batman, Watch Dogs), Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros U. Another price cut, fire Iwata.

Will Save the Xbox One from the PS4:  Titanfall, price cut, next Gears, next Halo, another price cut, Toastboy44562

Will Save Sony: Sell Buildings, Sell PC Business, Sell TV Business, PS VitaSpiderman movie, Barbie Movie, Sell more Buildings, Playstation 4.


As expected my favorite genre is not represented in this chart. Signs of the times,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My collection of
👣 ❓ 🔍 🔧 💡
✨  Adventure Games  ✨

Around the Network
Sadly what they say for the RPG genre is kinda true except for the 2nd disc xD (well in current gen at least lol).

My most favorite genre is RPG (regardless of whether its a jRPG, wRPG or a MMORPG (ugh)).