Quantcast
COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

BlackBeauty said:
Marth said:
Days left Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Splatoon 2 Pokemon Let's Go!
99   18 97
98   32 99
97 13 47 100
96 15 78 111
95 16 87 113
94 17 96 113
93 19 99  
92 19 105  
91 22 117  
90 24 138  

And here you can see Splatoon 2's incredible performance :D
And it just kept going. So Pokemon will not beat that. MK8D should be possible.
Smash still has 2 weeks of buffer left.

Both smash and Pokémon will outsell Splatoon.... double/ triple even.

In Japan? In Japan?

You're nuts.



Around the Network
xMetroid said:
Im sure pokemon will sell just fine. But im glad the game will not be that popular so they realise core audience is really important to the franchise.

I think Game Freak already knows the core audience is important. Why do you think Pokemon is still Pokemon and selling 15+ million each new main line game (not counting third games and remakes) after 20+ years? They even announced the next game in 2019 will maintain the core elements of previous games in the mainline series, including battling and catching wild Pokemon.

Pokemon Let's Go is an opportunity to add in more fans into the main series, especially those who have not played Pokemon since Gen I or maybe Gen II. Apparently, a some people of this particular group are playing Pokemon Go, which has actually shown an increase in active users compared to last year.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-06-27-pokemon-go-player-count-at-highest-since-2016-summer-launch

Whether it works or not will depend on a variety of factors, but it doesn't seem to hurt to try to convert some of them, at least a few million of the Pokemon Go active users, to the main line games.



Kai_Mao said:
xMetroid said:
Im sure pokemon will sell just fine. But im glad the game will not be that popular so they realise core audience is really important to the franchise.

I think Game Freak already knows the core audience is important. Why do you think Pokemon is still Pokemon and selling 15+ million each new main line game (not counting third games and remakes) after 20+ years? They even announced the next game in 2019 will maintain the core elements of previous games in the mainline series, including battling and catching wild Pokemon.

Pokemon Let's Go is an opportunity to add in more fans into the main series, especially those who have not played Pokemon since Gen I or maybe Gen II. Apparently, a some people of this particular group are playing Pokemon Go, which has actually shown an increase in active users compared to last year.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-06-27-pokemon-go-player-count-at-highest-since-2016-summer-launch

Whether it works or not will depend on a variety of factors, but it doesn't seem to hurt to try to convert some of them, at least a few million of the Pokemon Go active users, to the main line games.

Yeah i do know all that, but i mean i'm glad Let's go seem to be less popular than mainline pokemon games or else we could have seen more casual elements in the main series. Which will probably happen, but i hope they make a more difficult and less kiddy game, like X/Y was just too childish for me. 

I just want a hard mode from the start that's not a lot to ask for an RPG lmao.



Megiddo said:
BlackBeauty said:

Both smash and Pokémon will outsell Splatoon.... double/ triple even.

In Japan? In Japan?

You're nuts.

I think he means FW, not lifetime.

Splatoon 2 did ~650k FW, so 2-3 times that would be 1.3-1.95 million which will be tough but possible to achieve as Smash 4 (both versions) had an opening of ~1.2 million and the average opening for Pokemon on 3DS was over 1.5 million.

I agree that 2-3x is too optimistic, im thinking 1.5-2x is more likely.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
p0isonparadise said:

X/Y - 2.1 million

Sun/Moon - 1.9 million 

OR/AS - 1.5 million

US/UM - 1.2 million 

No way Let's Go is doing 2+ million. A million is probable.

I dont think so either, my original comment was about pre-orders so i guess my initial point was people are saying Lets Go pre-orders are low but compared to what? Most recent Pokemon games werent even up for pre-order this early so there is little to base it off of.

I wasn't initially saying it looked low, i was trying to predict FW sales, based off the preorders so far being about 60% of Smash preorders. Then i was told the FW sales of the pokemon titles from 3ds era and in comparison it seems to be doing ok for a remaster/remake. On the face of it they look a bit low but with 4 SKU's it does seem to be regularly picking up points.



DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network
peachbuggy said:
zorg1000 said:

I dont think so either, my original comment was about pre-orders so i guess my initial point was people are saying Lets Go pre-orders are low but compared to what? Most recent Pokemon games werent even up for pre-order this early so there is little to base it off of.

I wasn't initially saying it looked low, i was trying to predict FW sales, based off the preorders so far being about 60% of Smash preorders. Then i was told the FW sales of the pokemon titles from 3ds era and in comparison it seems to be doing ok for a remaster/remake. On the face of it they look a bit low but with 4 SKU's it does seem to be regularly picking up points.

I didnt mean just you, there was an article i saw posted on Resetera (cant remember original source) titled "Pokemon Lets Go pre-orders are failing" pr something along those lines and used Amazon rankings and Comg numbers to show it was doing bad without considering the fact that its available for pre-order much sooner than most Pokemon games.

If its trailing games like X/Y & OR/AS by a sizeable margin when they finally enter aligned comparisons than yeah it becomes a valid argument.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Rob5VGC said:
Who snitched on me again? Someone is really trying to get me to not talk about the only game I truly care about in the charts. lol Even switched up what I was saying and still got a warning. Hilarious.

200 points! Yay for Smash! :D

Snitches get switches! 

 

What kind of numbers do you expect kh3 to do in Japan? 



xMetroid said:
Kai_Mao said:

I think Game Freak already knows the core audience is important. Why do you think Pokemon is still Pokemon and selling 15+ million each new main line game (not counting third games and remakes) after 20+ years? They even announced the next game in 2019 will maintain the core elements of previous games in the mainline series, including battling and catching wild Pokemon.

Pokemon Let's Go is an opportunity to add in more fans into the main series, especially those who have not played Pokemon since Gen I or maybe Gen II. Apparently, a some people of this particular group are playing Pokemon Go, which has actually shown an increase in active users compared to last year.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-06-27-pokemon-go-player-count-at-highest-since-2016-summer-launch

Whether it works or not will depend on a variety of factors, but it doesn't seem to hurt to try to convert some of them, at least a few million of the Pokemon Go active users, to the main line games.

Yeah i do know all that, but i mean i'm glad Let's go seem to be less popular than mainline pokemon games or else we could have seen more casual elements in the main series. Which will probably happen, but i hope they make a more difficult and less kiddy game, like X/Y was just too childish for me. 

I just want a hard mode from the start that's not a lot to ask for an RPG lmao.

Wouldn't you want the reverse? I mean wouldn't it be better for Game Freak to have the Let's Go series,as a second mainline series running along the core games, to put the more casual and easier elements to attract a new audience,instead of having to put them in the core games to try to get that audience 



 



Not a good sign when Pokemon is losing preorders oop