Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U holiday bundles/deals predictions

What kind of holiday deals and bundles will we see this year? Some that I think are possible are

8gb w/no game-$200

8gb w/Nintendo Land and NSMBU-$250

32gb w/Nintendo Land-$250

8gb or 32gb w/Wii Fit U and Wii Sports U-$250-300

32gb w/Nintendo Land and Mario Kart U-$300



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
No way in hell are they doing a $100 price cut.

I mean the Vita isn't getting that much. THE VITA. And they don't want to go into loss again. They will be stupid and not knock the price until next FY.


http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Otakumegane said:
No way in hell are they doing a $100 price cut.

I mean the Vita isn't getting that much. THE VITA. And they don't want to go into loss again. They will be stupid and not knock the price until next FY.


$50 price cut in aug/sept and an additional $50 by retailers for holiday deals which isnt uncommon



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.


The 8GB is gonna be gone. 32GB only starting in the summer/fall, whenever they clear out whats left of that Basic inventory.

My guess is $279.99 + Nintendo Land in white or black + free Zelda: Wind Waker download if you buy a Wii U through Christmas.

Kinda similar to what they did with the GameCube back in the day, it was $149.99 plus you could get a free copy of your choice of a few games (either 1 of Metroid Prime, Super Mario Sunshine, Animal Crossing, IIRC etc.) for a limited time.



Soundwave said:


The 8GB is gonna be gone. 32GB only starting in the summer/fall, whenever they clear out whats left of that Basic inventory.

My guess is $279.99 + Nintendo Land in white or black + free Zelda: Wind Waker download if you buy a Wii U through Christmas.

Kinda similar to what they did with the GameCube back in the day, it was $149.99 plus you could get a free copy of your choice of a few games (either 1 of Metroid Prime, Super Mario Sunshine, Animal Crossing, IIRC etc.) for a limited time.


That seems pretty feasible and I believe the Gamecube games were Prime, Sunshine, Wind Waker and Star Fox Adventures(I chose sunshine back in the day). If they discontinue the 8gb this fall do u think they will add a 64gb say next spring or just keep 32gb the standard?



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

I'm not sure if 64GB is happening, it kind of adds unnecessarily to the cost, but still isn't enough storage to really satisfy those people who like to download a lot. I think they're going to ditch the 2 SKU set up entirely.

What I could see happening eventually is perhaps an official Nintendo Wii U HDD or USB Stick that expands the storage more significantly and is plug n' play ready, because I know some people get confused as to which HDD they have to buy for the Wii U.

A few months ago I had to actually help out a parent who was trying to get a Wii U HDD because the Best Buy floor rep didn't know what he was talking about either (he was about to sell the parent a standard 2.5-inch external HDD, which doesn't work on Wii U without an X/Y cable).



ninty will extend the 3DS deal to the wii u.. buy a system and a game receive a free dl game.



They will drop the 32gb model and sell the 8gb for $279. Seriously what good is the 32gb, not enough to store a collection. the 8gb is necessary for the OS.



Soundwave said:

I'm not sure if 64GB is happening, it kind of adds unnecessarily to the cost, but still isn't enough storage to really satisfy those people who like to download a lot. I think they're going to ditch the 2 SKU set up entirely.

What I could see happening eventually is perhaps an official Nintendo Wii U HDD or USB Stick that expands the storage more significantly and is plug n' play ready, because I know some people get confused as to which HDD they have to buy for the Wii U.

A few months ago I had to actually help out a parent who was trying to get a Wii U HDD because the Best Buy floor rep didn't know what he was talking about either (he was about to sell the parent a standard 2.5-inch external HDD, which doesn't work on Wii U without an X/Y cable).

Ya I was just thinking maybe they would do what PS360 did and every 8-12 months up the storage but I never thought about an official Nintendo HDD/USB which actually could be a good idea as long as they arent overpriced like Vitas memory cards.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

snyps said:

ninty will extend the 3DS deal to the wii u.. buy a system and a game receive a free dl game.



They will drop the 32gb model and sell the 8gb for $279. Seriously what good is the 32gb, not enough to store a collection. the 8gb is necessary for the OS.


But doesnt the 32gb sell alot better than the 8gb, that could be just cuz it has a game tho



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
snyps said:

ninty will extend the 3DS deal to the wii u.. buy a system and a game receive a free dl game.



They will drop the 32gb model and sell the 8gb for $279. Seriously what good is the 32gb, not enough to store a collection. the 8gb is necessary for the OS.


But doesnt the 32gb sell alot better than the 8gb, that could be just cuz it has a game tho



Or could be ppl dont know what gigabytes are. I seen alot of ppl buy phones, computers, and tablets comparing gigabytes without knowing its for storage. lol. Like it meant horsepower or something .. i'm serious. i think soundwave nailed the price tag "My guess is $279.99". Doesnt that number have a ring to it?