Forums - General Discussion - Does The Boston Suspects Remind You of Niko and Roman Bellic of GTA 4?

Isn't it ironic that the two Boston guys are Russian, and GTA 4 guys are Russian?  Do you think the Boston Suspects were inspired by the GTA games?



Around the Network
Dmick90 said:

Isn't it ironic that the two Boston guys are Russian, and GTA 4 guys are Russian?  Do you think the Boston Suspects were inspired by the GTA games?


I thought they were from Yugoslavia....

Edit: Yep present day Serbia according to GTAWiki.

They arent Russian...also no, using video games is nothing but a scapegoat.

There could be a million things that could of inspired them but in the end its still the same - they were sick individuals for doing what they did.



Dmick90 said:

Isn't it ironic that the two Boston guys are Russian, and GTA 4 guys are Russian?  Do you think the Boston Suspects were inspired by the GTA games?


GTA4 guy is Serbian/Bosnian not Russian. And suspects are not Russian but Chechen.

Other than those 2 glorious mistakes, carry on...



I wonder if video games will get blamed for this incident too.

ib0MhCVqhqacam

BloodyRain said:
I wonder if video games will get blamed for this incident too.

Oh no doubt they will.

I have been seing this saying going around on facebook:  There is a bombing and we blame the bomber, there is a shooting and we blame guns.  

It is true though that that is what many in the US do.



Around the Network
BloodyRain said:
I wonder if video games will get blamed for this incident too.

Unlikely. One was found to be a........wait for it.....a muslim.

Ergo, video games will take 0% of the blame.



sales2099 said:
BloodyRain said:
I wonder if video games will get blamed for this incident too.

Unlikely. One was found to be a........wait for it.....a muslim.

Ergo, video games will take 0% of the blame.


Except from Congress...which I will eventually post a topic in a few days/weeks from now from GameSpot l0l.



Call of Duty teaches people how to plant bombs, but it clearly doesn't do a good enough job at teaching them how to diffuse them.

nnodley said:

Oh no doubt they will.

I have been seing this saying going around on facebook:  There is a bombing and we blame the bomber, there is a shooting and we blame guns.  

It is true though that that is what many in the US do.

Sometimes when there is a bombing we blame guns, too.



Around the Network
no i dont think they are similar