Quantcast
VGC Statistics - What's Your Height?

Forums - General Discussion - VGC Statistics - What's Your Height?

How Tall are you?

< 4' (122cm) 3 1.23%
 
4' - 4'6" (122-137cm) 0 0.00%
 
4'6" - 5' (137-152cm) 1 0.41%
 
5'-5'4" (152-163cm) 6 2.46%
 
5'4-5'8" (163-173cm) 38 15.57%
 
5'8"-5'10" (173-178cm) 57 23.36%
 
5'10" - 6' (178-183cm) 65 26.64%
 
6' - 6'3" (183-191cm) 57 23.36%
 
6'3" - 6'6" (191-198cm) 13 5.33%
 
>6'6" (>198cm) 4 1.64%
 
Total:244
dsgrue3 said:
Augen said:

What I am saying is who took this poll?  If it was all Indians then the results would be iffy.  

I agree. But this poll makes it seem as though 6' is average - is everyone from Denmark? Probably not. 

Probably the majority are from the US, Canada, UK, and Australia.

US - 5'9

Canada - 5'9

UK - 5'9-5'10

Australia - 5'9-5'10

That's my guess anyway. 

Let us look at the US (where I am from) depending on where you are the height makes  a huge difference.  Among other white (majority being of German or English descent) people growing up there were plenty of 6' tall men.  Now, I go play football with hispanics (mostly Mexican) and hardly ever see one over 5'9" with most being 5'5" roughly.  So, who plays video games and frequents video game forums?  The US has gotten "shorter" not because people are getting shorter than their parents, but due to immigration and birth rates in given populations.  Also, fact this is english site plays big role in who comes here as well. 



Around the Network

According to my profile it is 0'0



 

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS


I think I'm about 176-178 cm. I'm one of the taller students in my class and. I'm comfortable with where I'm now



Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Augen said:

Let us look at the US (where I am from) depending on where you are the height makes  a huge difference.  Among other white (majority being of German or English descent) people growing up there were plenty of 6' tall men.  Now, I go play football with hispanics (mostly Mexican) and hardly ever see one over 5'9" with most being 5'5" roughly.  So, who plays video games and frequents video game forums?  The US has gotten "shorter" not because people are getting shorter than their parents, but due to immigration and birth rates in given populations.  Also, fact this is english site plays big role in who comes here as well. 

You're not getting it. We're at damn near 60% of people OVER 178cm(5'10) when 5'10 is about the average of US/Europe or a bit higher.

So if we take the average to be the range 5'8-5'10 (173-178cm), we have 22% in that range leaving 78% to play with. We should expect 39% above and 39% below that. We do not see that. We see 60% above and 18% below.

It just doesn't sit well with me, considering these factors. 



Majora said:
I'm only 5'5 hahaha I didn't realise y'all were so tall.

I'm over a foot taller than you? 

 

...wow.



 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
dsgrue3 said:
Augen said:

Let us look at the US (where I am from) depending on where you are the height makes  a huge difference.  Among other white (majority being of German or English descent) people growing up there were plenty of 6' tall men.  Now, I go play football with hispanics (mostly Mexican) and hardly ever see one over 5'9" with most being 5'5" roughly.  So, who plays video games and frequents video game forums?  The US has gotten "shorter" not because people are getting shorter than their parents, but due to immigration and birth rates in given populations.  Also, fact this is english site plays big role in who comes here as well. 

You're not getting it. We're at damn near 60% of people OVER 178cm(5'10) when 5'10 is about the average of US/Europe or a bit higher.

So if we take the average to be the range 5'8-5'10 (173-178cm), we have 22% in that range leaving 78% to play with. We should expect 39% above and 39% below that. We do not see that. We see 60% above and 18% below.

It just doesn't sit well with me, considering these factors. 

Well, I can say I am being honest, but if you need visual proof for everyone not sure what to tell you.



Conegamer said:
Majora said:
I'm only 5'5 hahaha I didn't realise y'all were so tall.

I'm over a foot taller than you? 

 

...wow.

Don't rub it in his face! Be nice!



Deyon said:
Conegamer said:
Majora said:
I'm only 5'5 hahaha I didn't realise y'all were so tall.

I'm over a foot taller than you? 

 

...wow.

Don't rub it in his face! Be nice!

I'm not rubbing it in, I just live with other tall people so thinking about the height difference is alarming. 



 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

191,5cm



180cm or 5'11''-ish.
Mind you, I'm half a foot taller than the average male of my ethnicity, nearly a foot taller than my mother and still not even 16.
...that's what I tell myself when I can't see past those damned six and a half feet tall Scandinavians in my class.



 

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx