Quantcast
The Wii U is really getting excluded

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii U is really getting excluded

Deep Silver isn't making games for Wii U because it has a small install base, and making a game for it right now is too risky for a smaller company. They're not going to make games for the Nextbox or PS4 until they have a large install base too. Battlefield 4 isn't coming to the Wii U because EA hates Nintendo.



Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

Around the Network
superchunk said:
ubisoft, capcom, SE, sega, WB, and so on.... I don't see them getting excluded. Plus Deep Silver isn't making games for any next-gen yet as they don't do that until the console has a size-able userbase.


You got called out for this over at gaf too. What are you basing this on exactly?

They actually say they will be there for PS4/720. What makes you think they don't have any games in the making for next gen? They are saying they won't be there day 1 but they WILL be there.

They pretty much say the wiiu doesn't have the type of audience they want to reach

"With Wii U, the Nintendo market right now and their audience is not who we reach best. It's not something we're entertaining in the near or foreseeable future."



In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Companies want to know that they will sell more than a hundred thousand copies of their games. Nintendo needs to push their games or flood their games first to get it started again, then third parties will come back. As we have seen with the 3DS.



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

M.U.G.E.N said:
superchunk said:
ubisoft, capcom, SE, sega, WB, and so on.... I don't see them getting excluded. Plus Deep Silver isn't making games for any next-gen yet as they don't do that until the console has a size-able userbase.


You got called out for this over at gaf too. What are you basing this on exactly?

They actually say they will be there for PS4/720. What makes you think they don't have any games in the making for next gen? They are saying they won't be there day 1 but they WILL be there.

They pretty much say the wiiu doesn't have the type of audience they want to reach

"With Wii U, the Nintendo market right now and their audience is not who we reach best. It's not something we're entertaining in the near or foreseeable future."

I quoted them directly in your thread where they also said that the rest of next-gen is like their wiiu support and simply not at launch or in other words small userbases.





Around the Network

The Wii U already has leagues better third-party support than the Wii ever had. We'll see how things go from here.



BaldrSkies said:

I can't stop laughing.....

CAN'T STOP



NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

 My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Deep Silver won't be bringing anything to the Wii U yet because their financial position isn't great and hasn't been for quite some time, I'm surprised they managed to scrape the cash together for the IP they bought from THQ tbh.

As for third party support in general that'll change before the end of the year when the Wii U has an installed userbase over 10m. You'll even find EA doing a U-turn.



superchunk said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
superchunk said:
ubisoft, capcom, SE, sega, WB, and so on.... I don't see them getting excluded. Plus Deep Silver isn't making games for any next-gen yet as they don't do that until the console has a size-able userbase.


You got called out for this over at gaf too. What are you basing this on exactly?

They actually say they will be there for PS4/720. What makes you think they don't have any games in the making for next gen? They are saying they won't be there day 1 but they WILL be there.

They pretty much say the wiiu doesn't have the type of audience they want to reach

"With Wii U, the Nintendo market right now and their audience is not who we reach best. It's not something we're entertaining in the near or foreseeable future."

I quoted them directly in your thread where they also said that the rest of next-gen is like their wiiu support and simply not at launch or in other words small userbases.


But this is not the same situation at all..wiiu has been in the market for a while now..they pretty much say they have no games planned for it now OR in the foreseeable future

They confirm they will on the ps4/720

The issue here is not the size of the audience but the audience itself. They don't think there's an audience for the game on it. The system has an audience problem

I mean it's not the big boys are there for the wiiu either if you want to go word by word..makes no sense




In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:


But this is not the same situation at all..wiiu has been in the market for a while now..they pretty much say they have no games planned for it now OR in the foreseeable future

They confirm they will on the ps4/720

The issue here is not the size of the audience but the audience itself. They don't think there's an audience for the game on it. The system has an audience problem

I mean it's not the big boys are there for the wiiu either if you want to go word by word..makes no sense


Why is this so complicated?

DS looks at WiiU and sees a console that has been underperforming since January and for the "foreseable" future they don't think it'll change.

However, they firmly believe the PS4/neXtBox will perform at a level that they will support it eventually.

That's it. Its just userbase size and their personal views on its growth. They are not large enough to risk a game on a small userbase which is why they won't put games on launch PS4/neXtBox either.

"foreseable future" does not equal "never ever". By 2014, DS will have changed their minds as sales will give them that positive long-term outlook.