Quantcast
EA: 'We've made plenty of mistakes'

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA: 'We've made plenty of mistakes'

Hopefully that means a change in how they approach their games.



Around the Network

I saw this earlier. I had to say, I got a pretty good laugh out of the guy's article, if only because they stated the same thing when they were voted into that spot last year. They're just jumping the gun this year to try and get ahead of it before it inevitably hits, again.

Thing is? It is completely viable for the votes to say that EA is the worst company in America. The reason why? The entire reason the poll exists is because it is on a site called The Consumerist, where people tell stories of piss poor activities and results of dealing with specific companies. This isn't scientific, it's a statement of who the company has pissed off in recent memory. It is a public opinion poll in the shape of a contest. So, yes, EA winning it is perfectly reasonable when you understand that it's NOT who is the worst in the country, but who people look at in the worst light.

The entire thing with people is that folks remember only when they have been personally slighted. How many individuals here have been shit on by Bank of America in the last while? Nobody in these things cares about if they helped cause the worldwide economic crash, because if its not in front of people's eyes and it's not personal, then they probably won't give a crap two weeks down the road. EA, meanwhile, has been pissing off a very internet oriented group of people in the form of gamers for the past two years with their comedy of errors and shitty customer service. So, well, of course EA is going to win.

I do, however, enjoy his idea of which comments 'don't hold water'. Especially since he more or less references that people who are a part of the voting are either miscreants who are pissed about who was on the front of the Madden box or don't believe a word they say about how 'always on' doesn't mean 'DRM' or that people voting against EA potentially hate gays and lesbians ("In the past year, we have received thousands of emails and postcards protesting against EA for allowing players to create LGBT characters in our games. This week, we’re seeing posts on conservative web sites urging people to protest our LGBT policy by voting EA the Worst Company in America.").

Pretty amusing. An apology at the same time as attempting to discredit a public opinion poll. PR at work! Only this guy is the one making a big deal out of it when nobody would have cared less otherwise.



CChaos said:
I do, however, enjoy his idea of which comments 'don't hold water'. Especially since he more or less references that people who are a part of the voting are either miscreants who are pissed about who was on the front of the Madden box or don't believe a word they say about how 'always on' doesn't mean 'DRM' or that people voting against EA potentially hate gays and lesbians ("In the past year, we have received thousands of emails and postcards protesting against EA for allowing players to create LGBT characters in our games. This week, we’re seeing posts on conservative web sites urging people to protest our LGBT policy by voting EA the Worst Company in America.")


I really disagree with that. He's trying to make the voters look bad and EA look good. This may work to shareholders but does he realize the voters are his consumers?



as long as EA doesn't do anything to fuck up the Mass Effect game I will remain neutral with them



 

JoeTheBro said:
CChaos said:
I do, however, enjoy his idea of which comments 'don't hold water'. Especially since he more or less references that people who are a part of the voting are either miscreants who are pissed about who was on the front of the Madden box or don't believe a word they say about how 'always on' doesn't mean 'DRM' or that people voting against EA potentially hate gays and lesbians ("In the past year, we have received thousands of emails and postcards protesting against EA for allowing players to create LGBT characters in our games. This week, we’re seeing posts on conservative web sites urging people to protest our LGBT policy by voting EA the Worst Company in America.")


I really disagree with that. He's trying to make the voters look bad and EA look good. This may work to shareholders but does he realize the voters are his consumers?

Based on where EA's market cap is now, compared to where it was 5-years ago, I think EA's shareholders have bigger concerns than Moore's feeble attempts at damage control.



Around the Network

Yes, people hate your company because of your support of LBGT community -_-

He deserves a slap for trying to use them as a defence shield.



JayWood2010 said:
Virus_Of_Life said:
I still can't believe that they were voted the worst company in America, when there are so many terrible, evil, companies out there. Yes you may not like some of the things they decide to do with their games, but surely you should be more concerned with the massive companies monopolizing certain industries, or costing you millions in tax money??

I realize that most gamers are also avid internet users, so they take up a huge chunk of the votes, but still these people must know that EA isn't the worst.

End of rant.


I agree.  Much worst out there.  The food industry in a whole does much more damage with lies everyday.  Or even the fitness industry with worthless supplements that do nothing.

People don't get passionate about rubbish food or health supplements, they just ignore it. Its hard to ignore your favourite franchise whilst EA runs it into the ground.

I actually have no problem with EA. I like Mass Effect 3 and couldn't care for anything else they release but I understand peoples issue with them.



teigaga said:
JayWood2010 said:
Virus_Of_Life said:
I still can't believe that they were voted the worst company in America, when there are so many terrible, evil, companies out there. Yes you may not like some of the things they decide to do with their games, but surely you should be more concerned with the massive companies monopolizing certain industries, or costing you millions in tax money??

I realize that most gamers are also avid internet users, so they take up a huge chunk of the votes, but still these people must know that EA isn't the worst.

End of rant.


I agree.  Much worst out there.  The food industry in a whole does much more damage with lies everyday.  Or even the fitness industry with worthless supplements that do nothing.

People don't get passionate about rubbish food or health supplements, they just ignore it. Its hard to ignore your favourite franchise whilst EA runs it into the ground.

I actually have no problem with EA. I like Mass Effect 3 and couldn't care for anything else they release but I understand peoples issue with them.

Yeah I understand the issues people has as well but they are far from the worst company.  But yeah I loved Mass Effect 3!  i know people disliked the ending but it didnt bother me for some reason.



I voted for EA. Hope they win. Good luck EA :)



 

JayWood2010 said:
teigaga said:
JayWood2010 said:
Virus_Of_Life said:
I still can't believe that they were voted the worst company in America, when there are so many terrible, evil, companies out there. Yes you may not like some of the things they decide to do with their games, but surely you should be more concerned with the massive companies monopolizing certain industries, or costing you millions in tax money??

I realize that most gamers are also avid internet users, so they take up a huge chunk of the votes, but still these people must know that EA isn't the worst.

End of rant.


I agree.  Much worst out there.  The food industry in a whole does much more damage with lies everyday.  Or even the fitness industry with worthless supplements that do nothing.

People don't get passionate about rubbish food or health supplements, they just ignore it. Its hard to ignore your favourite franchise whilst EA runs it into the ground.

I actually have no problem with EA. I like Mass Effect 3 and couldn't care for anything else they release but I understand peoples issue with them.

Yeah I understand the issues people has as well but they are far from the worst company.  But yeah I loved Mass Effect 3!  i know people disliked the ending but it didnt bother me for some reason.

In terms of intolerable companies, all the energy firms are pretty horrendous. Boasting billions in profit and still having the audasity to increase enegy prices of feul price increases which they could pretty much eat up instead of us having to take a hit. They really need to be dealt with >:(