Watching Lucas Arts being closed by Disney has me wondering who exactly is left that you can trust to be able to put out consistently quality content worth following? Thinking over, my mind is blank. And I think of a number, and issues:
* Gearbox had Borderlands which was promising. Now you see dog after dog with them.
* Blizzard is down to the likes of Starcraft, but Diablo 3 took a hit.
* Maxis has mucked up Simcity.
* Timegate Studios did Kohan back in the day, a notable RTS title. They have their hands in the debacle of the latest Aliens game.
* Electronic Arts is Electronic Arts. Look at their recent offerings by their various studios, and their CEO resigning. See Maxis as one example.
* Activision is Activision. Maybe the next Call of Duty title will be worthwhile. What studios are there?
* Rockstar I guess is doing decent at this point. Red Dead Redemption was decent.
* Epic is pretty much no longer Epic, reduced pretty much to Chair and People Can Fly. Cliffy B is out, as are other key players. Cliffy B is now on the sidelines.
* Bullfrog never really arguably was, or hasn't been for years. This was Peter M's company with Fable being overhyped.
* iD's Rage was disappointing pretty much. Pretty competently executed, but on the boring side.
* Insomniac is coming out with Fuse.
* Square-Enix? Any studios there? Maybe Crystal Dynamics.
* Crytech? They do engines. Farcry 3 is notable, but what about Crysis 3?
Are we down to Ubisoft's studios at this point? Who else I am missing? Maybe Bethesda?