Ugh, I want to love this game but it's an incredibly lazy port. There are so many things wrong with it:
1) For starters, they directly ported the 3DS version, with all its shoddy textures and low poly models included. Yes, the WiiU version looks better than the 3DS version or Tri, but many textures (especially the water!) look significantly better in Tri. Why not just re-use Tri assets instead? Lazy lazy...
2) There is input lag. Just try to stand still with your character and move your left analog stick to the right or left. It takes a while before your character actually moves. This lag does not exist in the 3DS version or in Tri.
3) The framerate is not smooth at all. In fact, it seems Tri's framerate was smoother(??)
4) No more subquests. This was a vital part of the gameplay in my opinion and the removal of it entirely baffles me.
5) You can't kill Kelbi, and I assume some other minor monsters as well. Every attack, even the Great Sword slice attack, just knocks them out. Why nerf things like this? It gave Monster Hunter more depth. Now it doesn't seem to matter which weapon or attack you choose on smaller enemies.
6) You can't sleep in your bed anymore to pass to day or night. Not sure if this returns later in the game but I'm guessing not.
7) No more Wiimote controls. Why put the effort of removing something that worked so well? Another sign of a lazy 3DS port, without using Tri's features to really make this the Ultimate edition.
Anyone else disappointed by this game? I was so looking forward to it...