Quantcast
Locked: Epic confirms: Unreal Engine 4 is NOT coming to Wii U

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Epic confirms: Unreal Engine 4 is NOT coming to Wii U

Mr Khan said:

Because this topic has been beaten to death, and yet falsehoods still seem to prevail. Wrong thinking must be purged.

So what am I said wrong? Show me with facts and evidence.

I'm cool with Nintendo going only with first-party and few third-party contracts but what I read in this forum is some Nintendo users upset with that fact... Nintendo didn't bring a good relationship with the third-party developers... it is Nintendo fault but I can't say why.



Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Mr Khan said:

Because this topic has been beaten to death, and yet falsehoods still seem to prevail. Wrong thinking must be purged.

So what am I said wrong? Show me with facts and evidence.

I'm cool with Nintendo going only with first-party and few third-party contracts but what I read in this forum is some Nintendo users upset with that fact... Nintendo didn't bring a good relationship with the third-party developers... it is Nintendo fault but I can't say why.

If the facts and evidence haven't sunk in by now, they're not going to, so kindly don't post your beliefs in Wii U associated threads, unless you want to have this argument every single time.

We're upset because as time goes by, there's only further proof that there's nothing Nintendo can do to actually get third party support. GameCube didn't work, Wii didn't work, Wii U isn't working. The proof of total, one-sided ostracism is in the pudding.



Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr. Khan is so angry its hilarious



oniyide said:
Mr. Khan is so angry its hilarious

I know lol. I am just waiting for him to permaban ethomaz for showing him facts against the Wii U.



 

ethomaz said:

Mr Khan said:

We are not getting into this crap again. Wii U is better than PS3 and 360. Full stop, end of discussion. Now.

I know... a PS360 1.1... the Wii U is not 50% better than PS360... most game will be equal... that is not a jump that Industry wanted... the Wii was way more powerful than GC, Xbox and PS2 than Wii U is comparaded to PS360.

Please elaborate.

Also, Where did you take that electronic and computer science Phd ? Maybe I'm attending the same university so I can also discuss about hardware which official specs haven't been released and compare it with others.

I would love to be able to discuss it and have the knowledge to that, but I'm just an average Joe, who doesn't have a single clue at electronics so I don't pretend to be a knowlegeable guy on that matter, it makes a fool of me next to people who actually do :)



Around the Network
UltimateUnknown said:
oniyide said:
Mr. Khan is so angry its hilarious

I know lol. I am just waiting for him to permaban ethomaz for showing him facts against the Wii U.


LOL! Yeah im shocked it hasnt happened by now. Some people are really upset by this, like a family member was murdered.



Mr Khan said:
ethomaz said:

Mr Khan said:

It's the industry's fault for being a bunch of myopic assclowns.

Why? Nintendo obvious didn't listen the industry and maybe made the worst console already created.

The Wii U is the answer to the industry's complaints about the Wii, and they get yet more scorn than they got even with the Wii. If anything, it's proof that the industry wants nothing but Nintendo's destruction.

The industry is determined to hate Nintendo. I'm just glad Nintendo's more mature than these assfaces. If it were me, i'd run hate ads against EA and Epic, and damn the expense.

Not really. Nintendo misread the market by putting too much focus on the controller. Instead of trying to invigorate the market by controls, they should have made a machine for the future of the industry. This means talking to devs, getting out there and asking what was wrong with their previous machines and how they could improve on it. Letting old habits die hard and try and change the flaws of their past mistakes.

I mean look at Sony.. And how they designed of the PS2, 3 and 4. For the PS2/3, Ken Keturagi basically said to devs - hey look, we make the machines.. you make games for it. Its complicated but what can you do. And when that came back and bit them in the ass they changed their tune. So, for the PS4 they went our of their way and talked to them, had input on the device and what they should do with it. Looked at where the industry was going.. and what needed to be done to stay relevant.

The bottom line is.. noone really wanted another console like the ones that are already on the market (This generation has already gone on for too long..). And noone asked for an tablet to be built into a controller when they already similar devices which do things a lot better. Nintendo designed the console to suit their games and so, its down to them to get third party developers on their system.



DevilRising said:
This is a non-issue for me for the simple reason that I get sick and tired of seeing so many games made on the Unreal Engine as it is. I understand that some developers simply don't have the time or money to make their own game engines....but at the same time, I'm sorry....it just kind of strikes me as fucking lazy. And quite frankly, a LOT of the UE games I see, literally look the same.

I value two things above all else when it comes to video games: fun gameplay, and creativity of design, in that order. Graphics, sound, story, everything else is garnish. Those two key things are fundamental, I honestly feel a lot of modern games HAVE basically become "cut and paste".

I agree with you that many low-mid budget developers basically copied the Gears look and that's what they make so similar. They didn't bother to modify/tweak the engine a bit to get a different look.
But still there is a huge variety to be found in that engine

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/03/videogames/m/detail/ps3xbox/mirrorsedge_02.jpg
http://www.daniel-daddelt.de/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Bioshock-Infinite-6.jpg
http://gamingirresponsibly.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Kinect-Adventures-2.jpg
http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2010/02/bioshock-2-review/bioshock_2_2010_38.jpg
http://www.videogameszone.de/screenshots/original/2012/03/Mass_Effect_3_Screenshots_Test_PS3_09.jpg
http://s.pro-gmedia.com/videogamer/media/images/xbox360/gears_of_war_3/screens/gears_of_war_3_92.jpg
https://www.2kgamesinternational.com/sites/default/files/game/en/borderlands-2-1627/screenshots/borderlands-2-nightstalkers.jpg
http://greatgamer.ru/images/screenshots/9913/screenshot_mortal_kombat_2011_6.jpg
http://www.hallofgaming.de/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Tribes-Ascend-Screenshot-5-Kopie.jpg
http://www.buffed.de/screenshots/original/2012/06/star_wars_1313_e3_2012_006.jpg
http://www.gameexperience.de/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/spec-ops-2.jpg
http://worldofvideogames.de/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/screenshot11.jpg
http://cdn2.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Enslaved_Highres_Screenshot_000061.jpg
http://www.gamingvlog.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/dmc-devil-may-cry-screenshot-11-01-2013-4.jpeg
http://zockah.de/wp-content/uploads/Tera-Screenshot-2.jpg



oniyide said:
Mr. Khan is so angry its hilarious


Mr. Khan is a moderator, so hilarious.



hinch said:
Mr Khan said:
ethomaz said:

Mr Khan said:

It's the industry's fault for being a bunch of myopic assclowns.

Why? Nintendo obvious didn't listen the industry and maybe made the worst console already created.

The Wii U is the answer to the industry's complaints about the Wii, and they get yet more scorn than they got even with the Wii. If anything, it's proof that the industry wants nothing but Nintendo's destruction.

The industry is determined to hate Nintendo. I'm just glad Nintendo's more mature than these assfaces. If it were me, i'd run hate ads against EA and Epic, and damn the expense.

Not really. Nintendo misread the market by putting too much focus on the controller. Instead of trying to invigorate the market by controls, they should have made a machine for the future of the industry. This means talking to devs, getting out there and asking what was wrong with their previous machines and how they could improve on it. Letting old habits die hard and try and change the flaws of their past mistakes.

I mean look at Sony.. And how they designed of the PS2, 3 and 4. For the PS2/3, Ken Keturagi basically said to devs - hey look, we make the machines.. you make games for it. Its complicated but what can you do. And when that came back and bit them in the ass they changed their tune. So, for the PS4 they went our of their way and talked to them, had input on the device and what they should do with it. Looked at where the industry was going.. and what needed to be done to stay relevant.

The bottom line is.. noone really wanted another console like the ones that are already on the market (This generation has already gone on for too long..). And noone asked for an tablet to be built into a controller when they already similar devices which do things a lot better. Nintendo designed the console to suit their games and so, its down to them to get third party developers on their system.


Brilliant the whole thing, too bad your time is wasted and he'll just say "EVIL 3rd PARTIES" with no explanation as to why. @bolded Ninty has always operated like that and IMHO it usually does not work out in the long run. Id say N64 and Wii are a testament to this and I see Wii U going down those paths which would be a shame.