Quantcast
Locked: Epic confirms: Unreal Engine 4 is NOT coming to Wii U

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Epic confirms: Unreal Engine 4 is NOT coming to Wii U

Its funny that they confirm the engine is not coming to WiiU I mean people want to they can use UE4 for their games and its their decision to make the game work on WiiU or not.

I mean look at Bioshock 2 it uses a highly modified version of the Unreal Engine 2.0 which was released in 2002 the devs decided what to do with the engine etc. Noone is stopping devs from using the UE4 and making it work on WiiU.

So epic cannot simply say UE4 is not coming to WiiU.



Around the Network

Mr Khan said:

The Wii U is the answer to the industry's complaints about the Wii, and they get yet more scorn than they got even with the Wii.

The industry is determined to hate Nintendo. I'm just glad Nintendo's more mature than these assfaces. If it were me, i'd run hate ads against EA and Epic, and damn the expense.

You need to realise the Wii U is what the industry expected from Wii in 2007... not the actual answer for the Wii.

Wii was a better machine than GC, Xbox and PS2... Wii U is not.. it is on pair with current gen... Nintendo just stopped in the time with the Wii U.

You can't say the Industry is wrong when Nintendo not deliver what they wants to the next-gen... so Nintendo have to stay com first-party and not complain about third-party support... same for the fans... if you choose Nintendo is for Mario and first-party game, not third-party... it is reflected in sales because third-party games didn't sell in Nintendo consoles (Just Dance is one of the exceptions).



ethomaz said:

Mr Khan said:

The Wii U is the answer to the industry's complaints about the Wii, and they get yet more scorn than they got even with the Wii.

The industry is determined to hate Nintendo. I'm just glad Nintendo's more mature than these assfaces. If it were me, i'd run hate ads against EA and Epic, and damn the expense.

You need to realise the Wii U is what the industry expected from Wii in 2007... not the actual answer for the Wii.

Wii was a better machine than GC, Xbox and PS2... Wii U is not.. it is on pair with current gen... Nintendo just stopped in the time with the Wii U.

We are not getting into this crap again. Wii U is better than PS3 and 360. Full stop, end of discussion. Now.



Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

We are not getting into this crap again. Wii U is better than PS3 and 360. Full stop, end of discussion. Now.

I know... a PS360 1.1... the Wii U is not 50% better than PS360... most game will be equal... that is not a jump that Industry wanted... the Wii was way more powerful than GC, Xbox and PS2 than Wii U is comparaded to PS360.



Booyah said:
So if the UE4 is only going to be for the PS4/Nextbox, where are the companies going to make money early-gen, especially if the adoption rate of the new consoles is slow out the gate like the WiiU?

Are the budgets for games going to be less? Are games going to be shorter? Or are they just banking on gangbuster sales out the gate for the new consoles.

We will have to see how this plays out, but it seems a little like they are putting the cart before the horse.

I expect the first bigger multiplat UE games to be UE3 games. The few UE4 launch or launch window games will have a small budget.

Splinter Cell was one of the first UE games to come this (last) gen and it was an UE2 game. The first UE3 console game was Gears of War. It launched one year after the 360.
Then the first bigger UE3 games made by a third party (non-Epic games) came in 2007 (Stranglehold, Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect, Medal of Honor Airborne).
At that time the HD consoles already had userbases of roughly 10m.




Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Mr Khan said:

We are not getting into this crap again. Wii U is better than PS3 and 360. Full stop, end of discussion. Now.

I know... a PS360 1.1... the Wii U is not 50% better than PS360... most game will be equal... that is not a jump that Industry wanted... the Wii was way more powerful than GC, Xbox and PS2 than Wii U is comparaded to PS360.

I insisted i would not have this idiotic discussion, and yet you persist in your patently false postings. There is no merit to your points. None whatsoever, aside from the lazy workings of third parties which rather enforces my point instead of yours.



Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

I insisted i would not have this idiotic discussion, and yet you persist in your patently false postings. There is no merit to your points. None whatsoever, aside from the lazy workings of third parties which rather enforces my point instead of yours.

I'm only showing facts to you... I didn't even put my opinion in these comments.

Why are you so upset?



Don't really care about Unreal Engine 4...obviously Nintendo has chosen UNITY 4 as their engine of choice. It's being funded/payed for by Nintendo for those interested in developing games for them. Maybe the reason for the butthurt on Epic's part!!!



ethomaz said:

Mr Khan said:

I insisted i would not have this idiotic discussion, and yet you persist in your patently false postings. There is no merit to your points. None whatsoever, aside from the lazy workings of third parties which rather enforces my point instead of yours.

I'm only showing facts to you... I didn't even put my opinion in these comments.

Why you are so upset?

Because this topic has been beaten to death, and yet falsehoods still seem to prevail. Wrong thinking must be purged.



Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Carl2291 said:
Metallicube said:

I'm beginning to hope the games industry crashes with their attitude towards nintendo. If karma is indeed a real thing, you better believe it will.


What a stupid thing to say. Do you like playing videogames, or do you just like Nintendo?

Broaden your horizons. Play videogames. Support the industry, not just Nintendo. If youre not happy with Nintemdo systems and the support they get then its time to move on...

dont mind him he is a Ninty fan more than a video game fan. I suspect a good amount of people here are.