Quantcast
Do you support gay marriage or not? What is your reasons?

Forums - General Discussion - Do you support gay marriage or not? What is your reasons?

I don't really care. effects me in no way.



Around the Network
Branko2166 said:
Devil_Survivor said:
I support gay marriage because I believe everyone should have the right to show their love for another person in anyway they choose, whether it be marriage or something else. I like to point that very few countries in the world have a pro gay marriage law, and if the U.S. had one it would make the country look better in the a lot of eyes I think :).


Or worse. Keep in mind that the mentality for the majority of people outside of western Europe and North America is overwhelmingly anti gay. So while I agree that some may view it positively I am fairly confident that the majority will point to it as an indicator of how immoral people in the west have become.

Really?  Where are you getting that information.  It's fully legal in even several South American Countries, and even coming soon probably to Columbia.

I know India and Muslim countries are anti gay - but they are also behind on Women's rights as well as other civil rights.

Many are predicting that even China may have full Equal Marriage Rights before the USA does.  I know Australia is currently dealing with the issue as well and will probably have it not too long a time.



 

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

 

Tell me a funny joke!

JoeFlex said:
Frankly I couldn't care less. If that pleases them, then by all means. I was raised in a very conservative family and the Christian values are strong, but personally, while I would never engage in homosexual activities, I have gay friends and I have no issue with them getting married. Hopefully in 20 to 50 years from now things like this will be a non issue.

First, I admire you honestly and ability to seperate your personal feelings with the civil rights of others - so bravo!

But, what if Putin wanted to have the gay sex with you?  Would you go gay for Putin?  What if he included a very nice dinner, fancy champagne and a free Console of every next gen and massivly powerful gaming PC AND a Ride on a Bear-Shark?!?



 

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

 

Tell me a funny joke!

DraconianAC said:

I'm not entirely informed in the subject, but from what I've heard both sides a decent argument to make. It's a matter of opinion really, but here is mine.

I believe that gay couples should have the right to a civil union under State & FEDERAL law. They can call it marriage if they like, I don't care, but they can't force any specific religion to marry them under their doctrines.

------>One problem that may arise from this is if polygamy has a grounds for appeal too if society begins to accept it as a norm. I can't even think of any type of civil union that may be taboo, but I think it's out there.

It's a very controversial subject like abortion. For some people it is not, and I can understand because of where they stand; however, I think both arguments have some legitimate concerns. If you doubt me, just listen to what the supreme court justices discuss the subject. Things that I never thought of are in the conversation.


The other side has no good reason but hate of others. What are you talking about?

Gay marriage is to adults who love each other. You have problem with that?

These people deserve rights to see each other in the hospital or make decisions when their loved one dies. The justices on the supreme court and Politicians in robes. The 5 republicans up their are a joke. And gave us corporations are people my friend and allowed the bush to win office( told florida to stop counting votes because gore won).. That shows you how corrupt they are.



I do.

Even if I had a problem with the idea of gay marriage, I still have to think of it like this: If there are two men on the other side of a wall that could or could not be married, how does it affect my marriage or me personally?

It doesn't.

At some point in the next hour, those two men will get married. I don't know when, but it will happen sometime in the next hour. If gay marriage does somehow affect my marriage, will I know the moment they are married? If so, how?

I think one of the best things I've seen recently is an image from the 1950's showing a bunch of people protesting desegregation with the caption saying something along the lines of think of the disgust we have for those people now, that is what your children will think of you in 50 years (to the people protesting gay marriage).



Around the Network
Desertghost said:
DraconianAC said:

I'm not entirely informed in the subject, but from what I've heard both sides a decent argument to make. It's a matter of opinion really, but here is mine.

I believe that gay couples should have the right to a civil union under State & FEDERAL law. They can call it marriage if they like, I don't care, but they can't force any specific religion to marry them under their doctrines.

------>One problem that may arise from this is if polygamy has a grounds for appeal too if society begins to accept it as a norm. I can't even think of any type of civil union that may be taboo, but I think it's out there.

It's a very controversial subject like abortion. For some people it is not, and I can understand because of where they stand; however, I think both arguments have some legitimate concerns. If you doubt me, just listen to what the supreme court justices discuss the subject. Things that I never thought of are in the conversation.

You made a very fine point mentioning polygamy, If they make gay marrigae legal then why not make poligamous marriages legal aswell? if its all about rights and equality. Make that legal too whatever you might say, but when will it stop?

We live in society that the only moral principle is: "If it dosen't physically hurt anyone, then why not"? That's it. Think about it. People expect you to be "open-minded" about everything now.

The question is: "what will be our base for moral principals?"

they are not allowing polygamy because they are phobiting a conduct.... they are prohibiting gay marriage "like prop 8" is because of their sexual status, which came the debate being unconstitutional...

so gay would sacrifice their rights to be married so we would avoid polygamy being in the law????? that is kinda unfair since polygamist are hetero dont you think??????



 

Zappykins said:
JoeFlex said:
Frankly I couldn't care less. If that pleases them, then by all means. I was raised in a very conservative family and the Christian values are strong, but personally, while I would never engage in homosexual activities, I have gay friends and I have no issue with them getting married. Hopefully in 20 to 50 years from now things like this will be a non issue.

First, I admire you honestly and ability to seperate your personal feelings with the civil rights of others - so bravo!

But, what if Putin wanted to have the gay sex with you?  Would you go gay for Putin?  What if he included a very nice dinner, fancy champagne and a free Console of every next gen and massivly powerful gaming PC AND a Ride on a Bear-Shark?!?


I'd bang Vlad for free if he promised to be gentle and call me after my first time. ;)



Why not? Should be the question. I dont know why even ask it. A person's decision is their own.



I support it, being married sucks, why gays should be spared of such a sorrow when the rest of us have to endure it?



JoeFlex said:
Zappykins said:
JoeFlex said:
Frankly I couldn't care less. If that pleases them, then by all means. I was raised in a very conservative family and the Christian values are strong, but personally, while I would never engage in homosexual activities, I have gay friends and I have no issue with them getting married. Hopefully in 20 to 50 years from now things like this will be a non issue.

First, I admire you honestly and ability to seperate your personal feelings with the civil rights of others - so bravo!

But, what if Putin wanted to have the gay sex with you?  Would you go gay for Putin?  What if he included a very nice dinner, fancy champagne and a free Console of every next gen and massivly powerful gaming PC AND a Ride on a Bear-Shark?!?


I'd bang Vlad for free if he promised to be gentle and call me after my first time. ;)

That's awesome, but you should let me negotiate for you - at least take a ride on the awesome Bear-Shark!



 

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

 

Tell me a funny joke!