Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears of War Judgement pisses off the loyal fan base more than God of War Ascensions

http://www.amazon.com/Gears-War-Judgment-Xbox-360/product-reviews/B002I0H2AG/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

http://www.amazon.com/God-War-Ascension-Playstation-3/product-reviews/B007TYC8MI/ref=sr_1_1_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

 

God of War Ascension is considered a slight disappointment to their loyal fan base.

But Gears of War Judgement is considered a big disapointment to their loyal fan base and even pisses off a good portion of the fan base.

 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=155139&page=1#




Around the Network
Well maybe because Gears has a 79 and Ascension a 80.
GoW:A better confirmed?

Well they can vote with their wallets. Which will sell more?

I can see the multiplayer tweaks/omissions being legitimate for Gears. However, I had fun with the campaign at least.


It's just that simple.

I consider GOW: Ascension to be everything I expected from a GOW game prequel. So nope, not even an slightest disappointment at all.

Reviewers suck at gaming.

No GoW fan was disappointed with the new game... it is the non-fans are disappointed because there is no GOD EPIC moments in the new game... it is funny because Kratos is a Human in this GoW.

I don't know about Gears.

PlayStation Nation

"Making haters eat crow since 1994"
Lord of Gran Turismo - Ethomaz the Undertracked


 
Around the Network
I don't get all the complaints at all. It's not a big epic story, I'll give them that, but it makes sense from mission to mission better than any of the other ones. The Declassified missions are a great addition to the series and I hope that future Gears of War games use it. It's a really good game and much better than the first one and just as good as the third.

"Fans" complain all the time about everything. They think they know better than everyone else what makes games good and they refuse to allow any changes. Halo gets the same crap even though each game has been an enhancement for the last. Halo 4 is the best and multiplayer fans still complain because it isn't Halo 2.

They changed it now it sucks. It's the same now it sucks. Devs are damned if they do and damned if they don't. I'm really sick of it. IGN's GOW: Judgement review is fair so read that if you want to know if the game is for you or not. Don't buy it expecting it to be just like what ever Gears of War game you hold up on a pedestal for what ever reason. Judgement is a worthy prequel with excellent writing, fun gameplay, beautiful graphics and as much challenge as you choose to tackle. My only complain is it is a little short, but I could say that about most games these days.

You know, I honestly expected most of the negative Gears reviews to be by fanboys from the other team but after reading several of them, they appear to be legitimate. Most of the top rated reviews have a long list of things they're unhappy about. If that's fanboy work then it's damn impressive.

The majority of it appears to be multiplayer complaints.

ethomaz said:
No GoW fan was disappointed with the new game... it is the non-fans are disappointed because there is no GOD EPIC moments in the new game... it is funny because Kratos is a Human in this GoW.

I don't know about Gears.

You are not the voice for all God of War fans.



pokoko said:
You know, I honestly expected most of the negative Gears reviews to be by fanboys from the other team but after reading several of them, they appear to be legitimate. Most of the top rated reviews have a long list of things they're unhappy about. If that's fanboy work then it's damn impressive.

The majority of it appears to be multiplayer complaints.


Multiplayer fanboy complainers are the worst. There are still Halo 2 multiplayer fans that rail against the improvements, additions, and enhancements that the later games brought to the series. Halo 4 is the best game in the series from all angles and there are those who just want the exploitable gameplay of Halo 2 so they can dominate. Level the playing field and they hate it because they can't as easily pwn noobs.

As for Gears of War Judgment, the multiplayer fans who are so full of hate all sound like they just wanted to keep playing Gears of War 3. I have news for them, they can still play Gears of War 3. Judgement is an addition to the series with new modes and new things to do. Play the new stuff and enjoy it for being different and if you want the old stuff play the damn old stuff.



Around the Network
bevochan said:

http://www.amazon.com/Gears-War-Judgment-Xbox-360/product-reviews/B002I0H2AG/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

http://www.amazon.com/God-War-Ascension-Playstation-3/product-reviews/B007TYC8MI/ref=sr_1_1_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

 

God of War Ascension is considered a slight disappointment to their loyal fan base.

But Gears of War Judgement is considered a big disapointment to their loyal fan base and even pisses off a good portion of the fan base.

 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=155139&page=1#

A slight disappointment because usually its  "Sony IS GODLIKE!"  So of course the game cannot be a failure  its impossible ;)


The biggest problem with Gears is that they are preparing it to become an average joe's  mainstream game  like COD.