Quantcast
The Official Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Thread! PLEASE Join the Hunt!

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Thread! PLEASE Join the Hunt!

Will you be getting Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate?

Yes, for Wii U 158 45.66%
 
Yes, for 3DS 38 10.98%
 
Yes, for both 57 16.47%
 
No, but I'll pick it up ... 7 2.02%
 
No, I'm not interested 25 7.23%
 
No, I'm waiting for it t... 22 6.36%
 
See results 32 9.25%
 
Total:339

All of this lingo makes me feel out of touch with the game :/



 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

One of those days when you don't hunt any monsters at all

But i made a fair bit of progress despite that. Finally started getting lightcrystals at a decent clip, built gems to supplement the missing skills of my rathian set, got some more Machalite and Monster Fluid and finally made that damn Drill Lance, and a glance at the tree showed me that i could immediately upgrade the Drill Lance to something called Red Tail.



Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
One of those days when you don't hunt any monsters at all

But i made a fair bit of progress despite that. Finally started getting lightcrystals at a decent clip, built gems to supplement the missing skills of my rathian set, got some more Machalite and Monster Fluid and finally made that damn Drill Lance, and a glance at the tree showed me that i could immediately upgrade the Drill Lance to something called Red Tail.

Great work!, I keep finding myself coming back to my Rathian armour set, even though I have 'better' sets, because I just like the Rathian bonuses sooooo much



PLAYSTATION NATION LADY OF JRPGS

Favourite Games of 2013 1.Tomb Raider(PS3) 2.Atelier Ayesha(PS3) 3.Virtues Last Reward (Vita)

dahuman said:
amp316 said:
The Golden Caedeus cheats.

He killed me and two other guys with one move. :(


eat food that gives water resist buff, and get water resist boost stuff, blight won't even affect you past 20.

Thanks for the advice.  I will do that when I attempt fighting him again today.



Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Doing much better against Rathalos now, and i even have enough stuff to make his Lance (which is new to Ultimate as far as i know, i remember being disappointed that there was no fire-element lance in Tri)

Everything that the Drill Lance can upgrade to looks frickin' awesome, actually. I'm pretty excited :)



Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Well, sorry I didn't get a chance to join any online action this weekend. Something work related came up and destroyed my sleep cycle.

I did manage to solo enough "online" quests to get to HR2, so if I ever do get online, I should be able to help kill some useful monsters.

I also farmed Barioth enough to craft an armour set and a sweet Frozen Speartuna, so now I look like an angry yeti wielding a fish. Really need to practice my greatsword, though. Monsters die fast enough, but I take way more damage than I do with longsword or switchaxe. Think I'll swap out my treasured Stun talisman for Auto Guard, and that'll give me room to gem into Constitution skill too.

Next on my menu is Diablos. I hear he likes frozen food.



"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

amp316 said:
dahuman said:
amp316 said:
The Golden Caedeus cheats.

He killed me and two other guys with one move. :(


eat food that gives water resist buff, and get water resist boost stuff, blight won't even affect you past 20.

Thanks for the advice.  I will do that when I attempt fighting him again today.

That damn Golden Caedeus. I call it the plaser beam lol I survive one blast heal up fully then die the next blast if I'm unlucky. I've been farming that thing for two days now. Doesn't take that long just difficult finding the people to do it with without dying.



gonna go online now, if anyone wants too farm some rathian with me. i need to beat him and that bunny thing from the demo for hr1, if anyone wants too farm , hit me up. :)



GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

what monster drops : aqua sacs?
i need them for a new dual weapons upgrade.



GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Mr Khan said:
Doing much better against Rathalos now, and i even have enough stuff to make his Lance (which is new to Ultimate as far as i know, i remember being disappointed that there was no fire-element lance in Tri)

There was an Agnaktor lance in Tri called Spiral Heat (if I remember correctly from MHP3rd the tip looks like Agna's beak, and it does a fun rotating animation when you charge).  Also the event quest lance ML001:Baltzenger (same as the current Bullfango DLC), but looks like Red Tail did skip the Tri generation.