Forums - Gaming Discussion - RUMOR: Lightning Returns: FFXIII being delayed to not coincide with GTA V launch.

Is this a good decision?

Yes. Moving it away from GTA V will ensure more sales.
No. Moving it back will make it release too close to Xbox 720 and less sale
This rumor comes from 2ch.

It seems that Lightning Returns was supposed to launch worldwide in September 2013. However, due to GTA V being pushed back to September 2013, Yoichi Wada has decided to delay Lightning Returns: FFXIII to an unannounced date. The game is still expected to launch in Q3 2013, but it may now be looking at an October or even November release date.

Around the Network
Or January 2014 like FFXIII-2 was released on January 2012 (at least in the west).

BasilZero said:
Or January 2014 like FFXIII-2 was released on January 2012 (at least in the west).


So if PS4/720 launch in Q4 2013, then Lightning Returns: FFXIII will launch after next gen has started? Good grief. Man, SQEX have made some really bad decisions this gen. Let's not even bring up the vaporware FF Versus XIII.

It doesn't matter when they release this, sales will still be awful :/



TeddostheFireKing said:
It doesn't matter when they release this, sales will still be awful :/


Well, it would still be good to get it out before all the next gen hype kicks in. If they delay it, it will get lost under all the 720 hype. I really doubt this game will sell over 2 million worldwide at this point, even if it gets a high score on Metacritic.

Around the Network
Galvanizer said:
BasilZero said:
Or January 2014 like FFXIII-2 was released on January 2012 (at least in the west).


So if PS4/720 launch in Q4 2013, then Lightning Returns: FFXIII will launch after next gen has started? Good grief. Man, SQEX have made some really bad decisions this gen. Let's not even bring up the vaporware FF Versus XIII.


You do realize when FFXII came out right? I wouldnt be surprised if it did come out after the next Playstation/Xbox systems come out.

Either way, I'm still planning to get the game but only once it goes into the bargin bin like I did with FFXIII ($14.99) and FFXIII-2 ($19.99).



They shouldn't release that hunk of crap game at all, its very existence makes my blood boil.

The greatest intro ever created http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA_gDnwcdZ8

On going bet with POE: Who will have most hardware sold at the end of 2014, PS4 or WiiU http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5944837

BasilZero said:
Galvanizer said:
BasilZero said:
Or January 2014 like FFXIII-2 was released on January 2012 (at least in the west).


So if PS4/720 launch in Q4 2013, then Lightning Returns: FFXIII will launch after next gen has started? Good grief. Man, SQEX have made some really bad decisions this gen. Let's not even bring up the vaporware FF Versus XIII.


You do realize when FFXII came out right? I wouldnt be surprised if it did come out after the next Playstation/Xbox systems come out.

Either way, I'm still planning to get the game but only once it goes into the bargin bin like I did with FFXIII ($14.99) and FFXIII-2 ($19.99).



FFXII came out in March 2006 which is only a few months after the 360 (which is irrelevant in Japan) and almost a year before the PS3. Lightning Returns: FFXIII looks to be coming out very close to both 720 and PS4.

Galvanizer said:
BasilZero said:
Galvanizer said:
BasilZero said:
Or January 2014 like FFXIII-2 was released on January 2012 (at least in the west).


So if PS4/720 launch in Q4 2013, then Lightning Returns: FFXIII will launch after next gen has started? Good grief. Man, SQEX have made some really bad decisions this gen. Let's not even bring up the vaporware FF Versus XIII.


You do realize when FFXII came out right? I wouldnt be surprised if it did come out after the next Playstation/Xbox systems come out.

Either way, I'm still planning to get the game but only once it goes into the bargin bin like I did with FFXIII ($14.99) and FFXIII-2 ($19.99).



FFXII came out after the 360 (which is irrelevant in Japan) and months before the PS3. Lightning Returns looks to be coming out very close to 720 and PS4.


Well I'm talking about worldwide, not just Japan - not sure why people consider "Only Japan" to be the more relevant than NA and EU/AU o.o.

Anyways I wouldnt be surprised if it does come out after the next playstation/xbox especially considering their track record this generation.

Probably too busy working on porting over FFV and FFVI on iOS/android ;p.



Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Galvanizer said:
BasilZero said:
Galvanizer said:
BasilZero said:
Or January 2014 like FFXIII-2 was released on January 2012 (at least in the west).


So if PS4/720 launch in Q4 2013, then Lightning Returns: FFXIII will launch after next gen has started? Good grief. Man, SQEX have made some really bad decisions this gen. Let's not even bring up the vaporware FF Versus XIII.


You do realize when FFXII came out right? I wouldnt be surprised if it did come out after the next Playstation/Xbox systems come out.

Either way, I'm still planning to get the game but only once it goes into the bargin bin like I did with FFXIII ($14.99) and FFXIII-2 ($19.99).



FFXII came out after the 360 (which is irrelevant in Japan) and months before the PS3. Lightning Returns looks to be coming out very close to 720 and PS4.


Well I'm talking about worldwide, not just Japan - not sure why people consider "Only Japan" to be the more relevant than NA and EU/AU o.o.

Anyways I wouldnt be surprised if it does come out after the next playstation/xbox especially considering their track record this generation.

Probably too busy working on porting over FFV and FFVI on iOS/android ;p.



I also believe that FF Versus XIII will release on PS3 after both PS4/720 are out. there's also FFX HD and KH3 that are still being planned for PS3, too.