Quantcast
Nintendo fans, Why do you hate Sony so much?

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo fans, Why do you hate Sony so much?

Bong Lover said:
Kaizar said:
Bong Lover said:

I hate Sony because of Heavy Rain.

To be a little more specific, I hate the direction video games are headed with Heavy Rain as the most extreme transgression I can think of. Sony seems to be activly courting this trend by developing their own 'story-driven' or 'charatcer-driven' "games". I can't stand it, I hope there will be companies around for a while longer that actually create games instead of thinking they need to generate emotions or whatever Sony's vision for the PS4 was.

If it makes you feel any better I don't feel any better about Microsoft, and I'm not 100% confident that Nintendo won't go down the same path either. 


But Nintendo has recently created:

Freakyforms Deluxe

Dillon's Rolling Western

Kid Icarus: Uprising

Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword

Ketzal's Corridors

Steel Diver

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Pushmo

Spirit Camera

Wonderul 101

And many others.

 

Or are you not aware of these 1st Party IPs?


Aware of some, even excited for a couple of them and unaware of others. Not sure the point of the list is, but if it is to illustrate a commitment to gameplay driven design from Nintendo then sure. There is a reason why I have become a Nintendo gamer the past two generations and it is because they seem to have a philosophy about games closer to mine than the competition. I admit to being uneducated in the world of smaller and creative offering on the PS3 and Xbox 360, so I am operating a lot on gut feeling and overall direction I sense from the big time franchises that are being pushed.

I am worried that with encreased power comes increased desire for 'emotion' driven games for Nintendo. I used to be real pessimistic about the future of gaming, but it looks like the infrastructure is opening up and there will be viable platforms for independent high quality game development that I am frankly pretty excited about.


I see what you mean, but so far the ultra high end graphics have made Nintendo come up with such games as Yarn Yoshi, so I think we are okay especially because of Both Sony & Microsoft already making all the other kind of games which just leaves Nintendo with the game-like games to be made for ultra high end graphics.

Well, that's how I feel about what's going on.



Around the Network
Kaizar said:


I see what you mean, but so far the ultra high end graphics have made Nintendo come up with such games as Yarn Yoshi, so I think we are okay especially because of Both Sony & Microsoft already making all the other kind of games which just leaves Nintendo with the game-like games to be made for ultra high end graphics.

Well, that's how I feel about what's going on.

Yep, couldn't agree more. Nintendo are the only ones that make games. The others are just pretenders



I don't hate Sony, I don't show any hate either but when you see elitism coming from hardcore fans from both sides (Sony and Nintendo) it really causes flame wars and that is probably what you see happening. I can tell you there are quite a few Nintendo haters in these forums as well a Sony haters. Hate is part of human society I believe: live with it or ignore it, simple as that.
Is hate ever going to stop? No unless both companies release the exact same console with exact same specs and exact same games, in other words, never. Comparison is what causes all this hate. Have a nice day.



Its not only Nintendo fans that hate them.. Its about everyone else too :)... Maybe its why Sony went from selling 150 million consoles to half that number..

It just doesn't happen - you have to screw up big!

Maybe the question should be why do Sony fans love sony so much and hate nintendo and microsoft.. 

Sony fans ask questions about why Nintendo ( or whomever ) hates Sony .. Without coming to the logical conclusion that most video game fans, including xbox owners, at one time had and loved the ps2... Sony lost video game support and it has little to do with hate and more of how Sony handled and implemented the Ps3... if Sony is doing everything right how come fans are choosing Nintendo in the handheld arena over the vita?  



uh 1 i dont
2: every system board you will find people hating on all three its as bad as any other



Around the Network
raf40928 said:

Its not only Nintendo fans that hate them.. Its about everyone else too :)... Maybe its why Sony went from selling 150 million consoles to half that number..

It just doesn't happen - you have to screw up big!

Maybe the question should be why do Sony fans love sony so much and hate nintendo and microsoft.. 

Sony fans ask questions about why Nintendo ( or whomever ) hates Sony .. Without coming to the logical conclusion that most video game fans, including xbox owners, at one time had and loved the ps2... Sony lost video game support and it has little to do with hate and more of how Sony handled and implemented the Ps3... if Sony is doing everything right how come fans are choosing Nintendo in the handheld arena over the vita?  

(Thank You) ^^^This user speaks for me & all other True gamers^^^

Just look at the PSP vs. DS......of course we shifted from being Sony Fans in gaming to be Nintendo Fans in gaming.........I went from a PlayStation Fanboy to a Nintendo Fanboy, just like all actual Hardcore gamers.



If anything, I would say I side with Sony over MS.

Regardless, reasons why I dislike Sony would probably include:
They are pushing the gaming industry too fast in terms of graphics, which tends to force compromises on things that I like, battery life of handhelds, longevity and low cost for games etc.

In my opinion, if Sony were content to let graphics advance at their natural rate, they would be a more admirable company.

But hate? Aint no-one got time for that.



scottie said:
If anything, I would say I side with Sony over MS.

Regardless, reasons why I dislike Sony would probably include:
They are pushing the gaming industry too fast in terms of graphics, which tends to force compromises on things that I like, battery life of handhelds, longevity and low cost for games etc.

In my opinion, if Sony were content to let graphics advance at their natural rate, they would be a more admirable company.

But hate? Aint no-one got time for that.


It took around 10 years 2 bring out a new console, if thats not letting graphics advance at a natural rate I dont what is...................................



 

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH2w2l1JTs4



When I exclusively used Nintendo systems, I disliked both Microsoft and Sony, mostly because they weren't Nintendo. I think other Sony haters experienced a similar feeling.



 Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash