Quantcast
Locked: Do you think Homosexuality can be "cured?" Do you want to "fix" it?

Forums - General Discussion - Do you think Homosexuality can be "cured?" Do you want to "fix" it?

Do you think Homosexuality can be cured?

WHAT?? You can't cure it. 61 31.77%
 
You Can't, Homosexuality is a Choice 9 4.69%
 
No, it's just a matter o... 39 20.31%
 
Yes, Through Psychological/Social Therapy 19 9.90%
 
Yes, Through Drugs, It's... 8 4.17%
 
Yes, though Genetic Modifications 9 4.69%
 
Yes, though Drugs & T... 6 3.13%
 
I'm not sure 8 4.17%
 
See Results 33 17.19%
 
Total:192
techhunter80 said:

How can you cure something that isn't ill?

Michael-5 said:

That depends of if you consider them ill or not.

I wouldn't consider it an illness of any kind, to me it just what they're attracted to. Like if a guy was into older women, or how someone can be attracted to someone of a different race. It's not wrong it's just a opinion on what they're sexulity attracted to. So there's nothing wrong with it at all.



Around the Network
fordy said:

I agree. However, I see (if a drug is made) parents finding ways to give their children drugs and trying to hide such evidence, like putting it in their food, so they have no recollection of actually taking a drug. There probably should be harsh penalties for people caught doing this.

I would hope parents wouldn't be like that. It's somewhat disgusting that a parent would want to change their child with drugs.



Carl is a Piplup hater and deserves to be punished eternally.

NintendoPie said:
To answer your poll:
Yes, you can cure it. We have advanced in technology enough to where we can fix genetic material and for a long time we knew how to change opinions. Changing someone's opinion isn't always successful, though.

Genetic modification is not as easy as you think. We don't have a cure yet, much like we don't have a cure for Down Syndrome, but you are right, we can change our genes to become anything. We could alter ourselves to have two vagina's/dicks if we wanted to, or just become hairless.

I don't think everyone should be "cured", but I think the option should exist for homo's who wish to live a hetero lifestyle.



What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:

Genetic modification is not as easy as you think. We don't have a cure yet, much like we don't have a cure for Down Syndrome, but you are right, we can change our genes to become anything. We could alter ourselves to have two vagina's/dicks if we wanted to, or just become hairless.

I don't think everyone should be "cured", but I think the option should exist for homo's who wish to live a hetero lifestyle.

I agree with you on that. But if the option is available then someone somewhere is bound to abuse it.



Carl is a Piplup hater and deserves to be punished eternally.

fordy said:
Michael-5 said:
fordy said:

Nope. I think such conditions give a different view on things. Same with conditions such as Introversion and Aspergers. Introversion is experienced by fewer of the population, but accounts for a greater share of the brilliant minds of the time.

LOL okay, that's a good way to look at homosexuality in a positive manner. To a degree, I agree, I like shopping with homosexuals, they tell me what I look good and bad in, where girls tend not to tell you what you look bad in.


It's more a sense of looking at all states of the mind as neither positive or negative. I think it can be argued that some manual mind-altering methods (eg drugs) have brought us some of the most influential music in history. It's just another aspect at looking at the world.

This I don't agree with you on. There are definatly positive and negative states of the mind. Schizophrenea is never a positive condition, and neither is Bi Polar, and I think everyone with this type of condition should be couciled, and should seek help. These conditions are not normal, and definatly need a permant cure, and more public awareness.



What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

I say back the fuck off and let people live the lives they want. Who are any of you to tell someone h

My brother ( changed his name legally to a female name) has been dressing in girls clothing since he was 4 hasn't change at all. I take that as him being who he/she is, and nobodys bullshit religious and/scientific view will ever change that. He is who he is and nobody's bullshit reasoning will EVER change that.



iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

    

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I say back the fuck off and let people live the lives they want. Who are any of you to tell someone how they should live their lives?

My brother ( changed his name legally to a female name) has been dressing in girls clothing since he was 4 hasn't change at all. I take that as him being who he/she is, and nobodys bullshit religious and/or scientific view will ever change that. He is who he is and nobody's bullshit reasoning will EVER change that.

Leave them be and worry about your own problems, because we all know damn well, you're not as perfect as you might think.



iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

    

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Michael-5 said:
fordy said:
Michael-5 said:
fordy said:

Nope. I think such conditions give a different view on things. Same with conditions such as Introversion and Aspergers. Introversion is experienced by fewer of the population, but accounts for a greater share of the brilliant minds of the time.

LOL okay, that's a good way to look at homosexuality in a positive manner. To a degree, I agree, I like shopping with homosexuals, they tell me what I look good and bad in, where girls tend not to tell you what you look bad in.


It's more a sense of looking at all states of the mind as neither positive or negative. I think it can be argued that some manual mind-altering methods (eg drugs) have brought us some of the most influential music in history. It's just another aspect at looking at the world.

This I don't agree with you on. There are definatly positive and negative states of the mind. Schizophrenea is never a positive condition, and neither is Bi Polar, and I think everyone with this type of condition should be couciled, and should seek help. These conditions are not normal, and definatly need a permant cure, and more public awareness.

I've known a few people with Bipolar disorder who have led very creative lives. It generally comes down to the environment that they get stuck in. In a modern, ordered society, a lot of this can come out as rage, which is why it's given such a bad rep. I agree in most situations (given a modern lifestyle), bipolar is a burden. I guess it's more of a "take it at face value" thing, given the person's living environment, etc.



techhunter80 said:
techhunter80 said:

How can you cure something that isn't ill?

Michael-5 said:

That depends of if you consider them ill or not.

I wouldn't consider it an illness of any kind, to me it just what they're attracted to. Like if a guy was into older women, or how someone can be attracted to someone of a different race. It's not wrong it's just a opinion on what they're sexulity attracted to. So there's nothing wrong with it at all.

Well, my opinion on homosexuality differs from yours. I don't think homosexuality is a matter of preference (like likeing Black guys, or older women), I think it's much deeper. If it was a matter of preference, then I think two things. 1. There is no homosexual, only a bisexual because preference is, as stated, a preference, not a limitation. 2. People's preferences change (you can be into older women for a while, have a bad relationship, and then be into women you age, etc), so homosexuals should easily be able to become heterosexuals if they chose too. However this isn't the case.


NintendoPie said:
Michael-5 said:

Genetic modification is not as easy as you think. We don't have a cure yet, much like we don't have a cure for Down Syndrome, but you are right, we can change our genes to become anything. We could alter ourselves to have two vagina's/dicks if we wanted to, or just become hairless.

I don't think everyone should be "cured", but I think the option should exist for homo's who wish to live a hetero lifestyle.

I agree with you on that. But if the option is available then someone somewhere is bound to abuse it.

I agree with you, lol. You are a logical thinker.

Now this brings the question, which is worse? A community without a cure for homosexuality, which oppresses ALL of the homosexuals who wish to live heterosexual lifestlyes, or a community with a cure, which oppresses SOME homosexuals into "cure" themselves?

 

I know in Canada, we would never resort to the second option, but I bet in the Middle East, this would be an immediate law.



What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

NintendoPie said:
fordy said:

I agree. However, I see (if a drug is made) parents finding ways to give their children drugs and trying to hide such evidence, like putting it in their food, so they have no recollection of actually taking a drug. There probably should be harsh penalties for people caught doing this.

I would hope parents wouldn't be like that. It's somewhat disgusting that a parent would want to change their child with drugs.

Unfortunately, in a world of child beauty pageants and talent shows, ANYTHING is possible from a parent in terms of justifying what is right for their child.