Quantcast
Locked: Do you think Homosexuality can be "cured?" Do you want to "fix" it?

Forums - General Discussion - Do you think Homosexuality can be "cured?" Do you want to "fix" it?

Do you think Homosexuality can be cured?

WHAT?? You can't cure it. 61 31.77%
 
You Can't, Homosexuality is a Choice 9 4.69%
 
No, it's just a matter o... 39 20.31%
 
Yes, Through Psychological/Social Therapy 19 9.90%
 
Yes, Through Drugs, It's... 8 4.17%
 
Yes, though Genetic Modifications 9 4.69%
 
Yes, though Drugs & T... 6 3.13%
 
I'm not sure 8 4.17%
 
See Results 33 17.19%
 
Total:192
fordy said:


This would put homosexuality in a group with other things like Aspergers and ADHD. Of course, parents have the legal right to administer drugs to control these things.

I wouldn't classify ADHD/Aspergers as in the same group with Homosexuality. 

I don't think a drug should be made, period. To answer your question though; I don't think Parents should have the right to have their children take a drug just because they fear Homosexuality in their children. However, that's not something other people can control. It should be left up to the child if they want the drug or not.



Carl is a Piplup hater and deserves to be punished eternally.

Around the Network
techhunter80 said:

How can you cure something that isn't ill?

That depends of if you consider them ill or not.



What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

chris_wing said:
Sure, just smoke the whole pack.
Seriously, what is this troll topic doing on a video game website? I guess it generates clicks & ad revenue.

A little change won't hurt, I'm tired of all those rumor,doom threads.



Michael-5 said:
wfz said:
What does "normal" mean? It's not normal in the sense that we are "supposed" to be attracted to the opposite sex in order to procreate and keep our species alive. In that case it's kind of the opposite of normal. Then again, maybe it is normal because it acts as some sort of minor population control mechanism since not everyone has the desire to procreate? :P

Anyways, it could be changed. Anything about us humans can be changed.

Is Altzeimers normal? Is Depression Normal? Is Schizophrenea Normal?

They occur randomly in a small percentage of the population, but is it normal? If it were normal, why would we search for treatments to these normal occurances?

Do you agree that the above 3 are disorders? Do you agree that they affect a persons freedom and ability to make decisions?

Is Homosexuality any different?

 

 

Altziermers makes you incapable of memory, and forces you to live a certain way. Deperession forces you to always be gloomy, and not able to enjoy yourself as much as your mind would like it to. Schizophrenea alters your sense of what's real, which makes you make decisions which are bizarre. Does homosexuality not prevent you from heterosexual relationships? For those wishing to live Heterosexual lives, does it not restrict their freedoms?

everything is "normal", it is normal that different people get different stuff or that they are different. few percent have red hairs, that is not ok for some of them...the reason why we want to cure altzheimer is because no one wants that, if someone doesn't want to be gay it would be ok to make him straight but that is obviously also the same vice versa. i want to be bi but i am straight so please cure me^^



wfz said:
Michael-5 said:
wfz said:
What does "normal" mean? It's not normal in the sense that we are "supposed" to be attracted to the opposite sex in order to procreate and keep our species alive. In that case it's kind of the opposite of normal. Then again, maybe it is normal because it acts as some sort of minor population control mechanism since not everyone has the desire to procreate? :P

Anyways, it could be changed. Anything about us humans can be changed.

Is Altzeimers normal? Is Depression Normal? Is Schizophrenea Normal?

They occur randomly in a small percentage of the population, but is it normal? If it were normal, why would we search for treatments to these normal occurances?

Do you agree that the above 3 are disorders? Do you agree that they affect a persons freedom and ability to make decisions?

Is Homosexuality any different?

 

 

Altziermers makes you incapable of memory, and forces you to live a certain way. Deperession forces you to always be gloomy, and not able to enjoy yourself as much as your mind would like it to. Schizophrenea alters your sense of what's real, which makes you make decisions which are bizarre. Does homosexuality not prevent you from heterosexual relationships? For those wishing to live Heterosexual lives, does it not restrict their freedoms?

It's a bit different. Certain issues (such as the ones you mentioned) directly affect your ability as a person and your capabilities. Being born a redhead (which is rare), however, doesn't.

Homosexuality falls somewhere in the middle. It doesn't really stop you from doing what you want (assuming you don't want a hetero relationship, which would be weird since you're gay) but it does inhibit your capabilities for procreation (in that you are wired to not want to have sex with the opposite gender).

What about those Homosexuals who with to be heterosexual? Do they not have a "condition" then? Something, which you are already claiming as "weird." Is this a normal way to live a life? Do you not think a "cure" should be found for people like this? or is this a normal and acceptable way to live?



What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

To answer your poll:
Yes, you can cure it. We have advanced in technology enough to where we can fix genetic material and for a long time we knew how to change opinions. Changing someone's opinion isn't always successful, though.



Carl is a Piplup hater and deserves to be punished eternally.

I find it so weird when people say its just a choice.



                                  

Michael-5 said:
fordy said:
Michael-5 said:
wfz said:
What does "normal" mean? It's not normal in the sense that we are "supposed" to be attracted to the opposite sex in order to procreate and keep our species alive. In that case it's kind of the opposite of normal. Then again, maybe it is normal because it acts as some sort of minor population control mechanism since not everyone has the desire to procreate? :P

Anyways, it could be changed. Anything about us humans can be changed.

Is Altzeimers normal? Is Depression Normal? Is Schizophrenea Normal?

They occur randomly in a small percentage of the population, but is it normal? If it were normal, why would we search for treatments to these normal occurances?

Do you agree that the above 3 are disorders? Do you agree that they affect a persons freedom and ability to make decisions?

Is Homosexuality any different?

 

 

Altziermers makes you incapable of memory, and forces you to live a certain way. Deperession forces you to always be gloomy, and not able to enjoy yourself as much as your mind would like it to. Schizophrenea alters your sense of what's real, which makes you make decisions which are bizarre. Does homosexuality not prevent you from heterosexual relationships? For those wishing to live Heterosexual lives, does it not restrict their freedoms?

Nope. I think such conditions give a different view on things. Same with conditions such as Introversion and Aspergers. Introversion is experienced by fewer of the population, but accounts for a greater share of the brilliant minds of the time.

LOL okay, that's a good way to look at homosexuality in a positive manner. To a degree, I agree, I like shopping with homosexuals, they tell me what I look good and bad in, where girls tend not to tell you what you look bad in.


It's more a sense of looking at all states of the mind as neither positive or negative. I think it can be argued that some manual mind-altering methods (eg drugs) have brought us some of the most influential music in history. It's just another aspect at looking at the world.



NintendoPie said:
fordy said:


This would put homosexuality in a group with other things like Aspergers and ADHD. Of course, parents have the legal right to administer drugs to control these things.

I wouldn't classify ADHD/Aspergers as in the same group with Homosexuality. 

I don't think a drug should be made, period. To answer your question though; I don't think Parents should have the right to have their children take a drug just because they fear Homosexuality in their children. However, that's not something other people can control. It should be left up to the child if they want the drug or not.

I agree. However, I see (if a drug is made) parents finding ways to give their children drugs and trying to hide such evidence, like putting it in their food, so they have no recollection of actually taking a drug. There probably should be harsh penalties for people caught doing this.



crissindahouse said:

everything is "normal", it is normal that different people get different stuff or that they are different. few percent have red hairs, that is not ok for some of them...the reason why we want to cure altzheimer is because no one wants that, if someone doesn#t want to be gay it would be ok to make him straight but that is obviously also the same otherwise then. i want to be bi but i am straight so please cure me^^

LOL, also a good way to look at it. I agree, except I think in your plea to become bi sexual, that's just a physical transformation (like a sex change opperation). I wouldn't necessarily call it "curing" yourself, as much as altering yourself.

Would you consider removing Altziemers from an individual "curing", "fixing", or just "altering"? I think fixing a disorder is more then just altering. You don't alter a broken car to work, you fix it. However if you want to take a working car and make it not work, then you are no longer fixing it, you are just altering it.



What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results