Forums - Sony Discussion - If You Were In Sony's Position, How Would You Handle The Vita in 2013?

Vita's Best Interest of these choices are.....

$250, 64gig Memory
$199, 8gig memory
$179, nothing included
$200, Free game
$250,16gig, Free PSN (year)
Discontinue...


So Your Mr. _________ and Now you work For Sony! Congrats! PS4 is on its way, Things look very good as of now, but those terrible Vita Sales!!!!!

How do you help, save, and deliver for the Consumers while Making a Profit for the Company?

Discuss Mr/Mrs........ (assuming your married lol)



                                           ★ My Mains For Super Smash Bros for WiiU/3DS ★

 

Bets⇒  Wins: 9 Losses: 2

Pavolink~ I lose if SSB 3DS sells less than 200k FW in japan. We all kno i already won Very Easily though :)

Around the Network

I would rename the Vita to "Vita Turismo"

Brand names sell, nevermind specs and games :P



___________

Pretend Exclusive: A 3rd party multiplat, that releases for multiple consoles in the same window, in which all press showings and marketing are catered to only one console. Exclusive console bundles, being the lead platform, as well as timed exclusive/exclusive  betas and game content also strengthen the claim. The final effect is that the uninformed gamer will be convinced that the version primarily advertised is the only and/or best place to experience the game.

X1: Titanfall, COD: AW.    PS4: Watch Dogs, Destiny

Xbox E3 Exclusives: Halo MCC, Crackdown 3, Phantom Dust, Scalebound, Dance Central Spotlight

-Drop the 3G bundle
-Implement or make deals with third parties to release ALL PSP games and PS1 games.
-50% cut on all memory cards
-Drop the 4GB memory card and bank on 8gb, 16gb and 32 gb. Eventually release a 64 GB which will replace the 32GB price.
-Make a new bundle (White or Black PSVita $249.99 + Assassin's Creed Liberation + 16 GB Memory Card) or (Black and Red PSVita $249.99 + Soul Sacrifice + 16 GB Memory Card) or (Black PSVita Standalone $199.99 no memory card or game) < Western colors.
-Free PSN for 6 months for all bundle purchases except for the PSVita Standalone

Edit: The $199.99 PSVita deal is unrealistic considering the fact that the 3DS XL is that much - $224.99 l0l?



Oh dear Tbone.

Ok, what I would do is look at this market with a long-term profit value. Hm...yeah market sales decreasing, tablet/phones....this isn't a sustainable long-term market so I'd say, get to work on 1, that's right 1 piece of extremely unique must-have piece of software for the Vita. After that slowly decrease support over time, you don't have the resources to support a weak platform in a shrinking market.

All-in on PS4, I mean do EVERYTHING you can to beat X720 in software, you lost half the core marketshare last gen don't let that happen this gen. After that's done, do something that enhances the Gameplay by using cross-funtionality and make it good. Get them Vitas off the shelves, make what little profit there is left to make and get out of the market.

 Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Announce a price cut of 1/4 to both the hardware and memory cards immediately, and announce a whole bunch of games for it.
Make the Vita's development kit cheaper, so smaller indie developers start to make games for Vita, while continuing to fund the development of major titles like grand theft auto for it

PSP, PS3, Vita, 3DS, Wii U and PS4.

'Man is Wolf to Man' 

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Deep, Deep sleep of England

Around the Network
$50 price cut before E3, really push Uncharted Vita 2 in the holiday and really push RS for GTAV to release in the holiday as well if that's in development. Get mobile developers on board somehow, maybe free promotion, free dev kits etc.

Otakumegane said:
Oh dear Tbone.

Ok, what I would do is look at this market with a long-term profit value. Hm...yeah market sales decreasing, tablet/phones....this isn't a sustainable long-term market so I'd say, get to work on 1, that's right 1 piece of extremely unique must-have piece of software for the Vita. After that slowly decrease support over time, you don't have the resources to support a weak platform in a shrinking market.

All-in on PS4, I mean do EVERYTHING you can to beat X720 in software, you lost half the core marketshare last gen don't let that happen this gen. After that's done, do something that enhances the Gameplay by using cross-funtionality and make it good. Get them Vitas off the shelves, make what little profit there is left to make and get out of the market.



So sony should be number 1 in home consoles and drop the handheld market lol



                                           ★ My Mains For Super Smash Bros for WiiU/3DS ★

 

Bets⇒  Wins: 9 Losses: 2

Pavolink~ I lose if SSB 3DS sells less than 200k FW in japan. We all kno i already won Very Easily though :)

drop the price to 169$ that should do it

the2real4mafol said:
Announce a price cut of 1/4 to both the hardware and memory cards immediately, and announce a whole bunch of games for it.
Make the Vita's development kit cheaper, so smaller indie developers start to make games for Vita, while continuing to fund the development of major titles like grand theft auto for it



So.... The price be $187.49! Round it up $189!!! I agree with the memory but 1/2 instead



                                           ★ My Mains For Super Smash Bros for WiiU/3DS ★

 

Bets⇒  Wins: 9 Losses: 2

Pavolink~ I lose if SSB 3DS sells less than 200k FW in japan. We all kno i already won Very Easily though :)

Around the Network
tbone51 said:


So Your Mr. _________ and Now you work For Sony! Congrats! PS4 is on its way, Things look very good as of now, but those terrible Vita Sales!!!!!

How do you help, save, and deliver for the Consumers while Making a Profit for the Company?

Discuss Mr/Mrs........ (assuming your married lol)


Price is not the problem, it just doesn´t appeal to people like the psp and ds did. I guess they could get some niche market by releasing games like DEMON´S SOULS 2, since they own the name and all.

Also, they could release a Valkiria Chronicles game, I don´t know man, I don´t think the Vita can be saved.

I have one, and it is really cool, but people are just not interested... It´s sad because the console is light-years better than all the others (3ds, ds and psp). But people just don´t want it....