Forums - Nintendo Discussion - F-Zero less respect than Pikmin?

Nintendo says they had no idea anyone really wanted F-Zero. Sales were not high enough for the last few games for them to make another one.

 

But Pikmin sales have never been great either, yet here we are with Pikmin 3. Even Kirby and Metroid have small sales. So where does Miyamoto get this, " I had no idea people wanted another game based on the sales we see"?



 Bananaking was right, I was wrong. Like he always is. About the 3DS not selling at least 19.999 million in 2013...

Around the Network
GX sold less than either of those games (because you're all terrible people), and the latter GBA games sold like crap.

No shit, That's like asking for shenmue 3. You can always dream.

F-Zero GX sold less than 3/4 of a million. As far as I know, none of the main entries in the Metroid, Pikmin, or Kirby series has failed to break 1mil.

I'm still somewhat surprised that Miyamoto would say what he did. I find it hard to believe that Nintendo was just going to let the series die. I mean, they did include it in Nintendoland, after all.

They should just make an F-Zero League game for the eShop.

I'd be happy with them just using a F-Zero GX style engine in 1080p, maybe with a few more modern graphical effects, 12-16 new new tracks, a custom track creator, and online play with leaderboards. 

Charge $39.99 for it, I think it'd do OK.

The thing is they could release new track packs every year or something, so even if you only have 500,000 loyal F-Zero players, you could keep cashing in on the engine again and again.  



Around the Network
Soundwave said:

They should just make an F-Zero League game for the eShop.

I'd be happy with them just using a F-Zero GX style engine in 1080p, maybe with a few more modern graphical effects, 12-16 new new tracks, a custom track creator, and online play with leaderboards. 

Charge $39.99 for it, I think it'd do OK.

The thing is they could release new track packs every year or something, so even if you only have 500,000 loyal F-Zero players, you could keep cashing in on the engine again and again.  


So pretty much just pull a Wipeout HD. I can dig it.

 

OT the OP seems to forget that Pikmin3 was in development for a while and it seems to me that Ninty is in money mode, where they are not going to produce anything unless they think it will make money. Unless they put it on their 3ds which would be cheaper.



Trunkin said:
F-Zero GX sold less than 3/4 of a million. As far as I know, none of the main entries in the Metroid, Pikmin, or Kirby series has failed to break 1mil.

I'm still somewhat surprised that Miyamoto would say what he did. I find it hard to believe that Nintendo was just going to let the series die. I mean, they did include it in Nintendoland, after all.

So Takamaru is set to make his triumphant return?



I knew about Pikmin long before I knew of F-Zero.
While it would be nice to see an F-Zero game, I don't think it's well known enough to attract enough attention.

Instead of arguing about who is right or wrong, it is better to understand why each person thinks what they think. 

  Gaming on: PS3, PC, Wii, 3DS(XL), PS Vita, iPhone 4S 

Well, if anything Miyamoto made it more clear than ever before that he doesn't give a shit about online gaming. Simply re-releasing F-Zero GX with an online mode would be a dream come true for all of us who still play that title, but he just said, "Well, uhhm... I really don't see how we can evolve that series in any conceivable way. Deeeeeerp!" (Because Mario Kart 7 was such a major evolution from Mario Kart DS...)


And yet, online is obviously not all. There are tons of ways to evolve the F-Zero series. Hopefully some other developers realized this and included F-Zero in Nintendo Land to promote an upcoming title.



Around the Network
noname2200 said:
Trunkin said:
F-Zero GX sold less than 3/4 of a million. As far as I know, none of the main entries in the Metroid, Pikmin, or Kirby series has failed to break 1mil.

I'm still somewhat surprised that Miyamoto would say what he did. I find it hard to believe that Nintendo was just going to let the series die. I mean, they did include it in Nintendoland, after all.

So Takamaru is set to make his triumphant return?

He had another shot at life in Samurai Warriors 3, too, so clearly he's liked...unlke F-Zero.