Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Take On Why Pokemon X/Y Will Sell Over 10Mil This Year [Possibly 12Mil]

Is my Statement any good?

Your right, It might pass 12mil!
Good prediction but just 10mil
Makes sense but it'll come up short
No its not working under 8mil sorry!


Pokemon X/Y! The Start of a New Generation, to be exact the 6th Gen. It shocked the world on Jan 8th and has put quite a good look in our eyes.

Now off with the Chat and on to business, Alot of people dont believe it will sell 10mil this year some do, im going to prove why it can surpass 12mil in my own prediction! Lets start....

1st off every new Gen starts in Japan in Sept, (exception of one game that came out Oct), That leaves everyone else gettin it the following year (couple months). In my calculations I have done only the first 10 weeks in All the regions excluding Rest of the World.

First up Japan has sold in its 1st 10 weeks 3.43mil for D/P and for B/W its 4.50mil! This both includes months Mid Sept~ End of Nov

Europe and America are both release in spring time so i'll say both March ~ June for its 1st 10 weeks. D/P has sold 2.41mil in USA and
1.57mil in Europe while B/W has 3.57mil in USA and 1.75mil in Europe. Remember this is just the 1st 10 weeks....

Now then why do I think Pokemon X/Y will get 10mil? Lets look at the Stats 1st


1st 10 weeks each
~~~~~~~~~~USA~~~Europe~~~Japan~~~Total
4th Gen D/P~ 2.14 ~~~ 1.57 ~~~ 3.43 ~~ 7.41
5th Gen B/W~ 3.57 ~~~ 1.75 ~~~ 4.50 ~~ 9.83

↑↑↑This doesn't include rest of world↑↑↑

Now even though this will be on 3DS keep in mind D/P was out when DS was here for about the same time period as 3DS...
Why will Pikemon XY sell over 10mil? These games will be coming out Oct which means even if they come out Oct 31st they will be sold during holidays which a new gen pokemon has never done which if you compare the chart those 1st 10 weeks are not even holiday (Dec for japan)

With this it will pass 10mil easy and with the hype and reactions its getting this game can maybe come close if not surpass the Gold/Silvr games! I predict 12mil by years end!

How about you?!?!



                                           ★ My Mains For Super Smash Bros for WiiU/3DS ★

My FC (3DS) 1306 5037 7692

 

Bets⇒  Wins: 9 Losses: 2

Pavolink~ I lose if SSB 3DS sells less than 200k FW in japan. We all kno i already won Very Easily though :)

Around the Network
Tagged.
I'm getting dinner real soon so I can't read all of this right now.

Carl is a Piplup hater and deserves to be punished eternally.

Forgot to mention, i believe 12mil cuz i think it'll be bundled and that should boost up the game...

Thanks lets hear wat you guys have to say...

                                           ★ My Mains For Super Smash Bros for WiiU/3DS ★

My FC (3DS) 1306 5037 7692

 

Bets⇒  Wins: 9 Losses: 2

Pavolink~ I lose if SSB 3DS sells less than 200k FW in japan. We all kno i already won Very Easily though :)

I agree with your post. More than 12 Million is just too high though.

Carl is a Piplup hater and deserves to be punished eternally.

NintendoPie said:
I agree with your post. More than 12 Million is just too high though.



ok cool no problem... I'll say 12mil and you believe over 10mil sounds good! I just hear some people say this game wont get over 6mil. Im amazed TBH



                                           ★ My Mains For Super Smash Bros for WiiU/3DS ★

My FC (3DS) 1306 5037 7692

 

Bets⇒  Wins: 9 Losses: 2

Pavolink~ I lose if SSB 3DS sells less than 200k FW in japan. We all kno i already won Very Easily though :)

Around the Network
Libroex?

Not this year. Sometime next year maybe.

spurgeonryan said:
Libroex?

Not this year. Sometime next year maybe.



Noo Agree *Sniff* *Sniff*...... It..It...It Will make it easily *Wipes tears*



                                           ★ My Mains For Super Smash Bros for WiiU/3DS ★

My FC (3DS) 1306 5037 7692

 

Bets⇒  Wins: 9 Losses: 2

Pavolink~ I lose if SSB 3DS sells less than 200k FW in japan. We all kno i already won Very Easily though :)

My argument is that X and Y will sell let's say similar to D/P in Japan in its first year (even though I think it will do B/W numbers), so that's 4.5 million in Japan. It just needs 5.5 million from NA and EU (3 mil N/A, 2.5 mil E/U). Both are plausible given what tbone said and the fact that it will be the holidays, which will give Pokemon superior launch numbers to the previous versions. I can't imagine how big it will be on BF!

Is 12 million possible? I think the best case scenario is:
5 mil Japan + 4 mil NA + 3 mil EU = 12 mil.
SO YES!! But that's really the best case scenario, i think 9-11 mil is the most likely, and I think it depends on the EU which has been so far the 3DS's weakest market

 


tbone51 said:
NintendoPie said:
I agree with your post. More than 12 Million is just too high though.



ok cool no problem... I'll say 12mil and you believe over 10mil sounds good! I just hear some people say this game wont get over 6mil. Im amazed TBH

Really? Some people actually claim it won't reach 6mil? I'd like to have some of whatever they smoked^^



Around the Network
kopstudent89 said:
My argument is that X and Y will sell let's say similar to D/P in Japan in its first year (even though I think it will do B/W numbers), so that's 4.5 million in Japan. It just needs 5.5 million from NA and EU (3 mil N/A, 2.5 mil E/U). Both are plausible given what tbone said and the fact that it will be the holidays, which will give Pokemon superior launch numbers to the previous versions. I can't imagine how big it will be on BF!

Is 12 million possible? I think the best case scenario is:
5 mil Japan + 4 mil NA + 3 mil EU = 12 mil.
SO YES!! But that's really the best case scenario, i think 9-11 mil is the most likely, and I think it depends on the EU which has been so far the 3DS's weakest market



Thank you for understanding!!! Yes the least and i mean very unlikely cuz of holidays is 9mil! But 12mil is not that bad of a prediction! But i'll be happy with 10mil! BTW if it does over 12mil like lets say 13mil or close to 14mil (i dont believe just saying) then we might see Gold/Silver #s



                                           ★ My Mains For Super Smash Bros for WiiU/3DS ★

My FC (3DS) 1306 5037 7692

 

Bets⇒  Wins: 9 Losses: 2

Pavolink~ I lose if SSB 3DS sells less than 200k FW in japan. We all kno i already won Very Easily though :)