Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Im worried about Rayman Legends

What holds the future of Rayman Legends?

Rayman Legends will do good on Wii U
Ubisoft will port it for Sony and MS
Doesn't matter since WiiU is dead on arrival

Legends look like a very decent game for the wii u, but since wii u is not selling well this will drastically pull the potential huge numbers for the legend.

Will ubisoft be pissed if this happen and pull future projects? or just say "f*ck this" and port legends on sony or MS?



Kyuun SPARK!!!!!

Around the Network
How is Rayman games in Jp market? I think it will do ok at least I hope so. It looks very good. But zombiu being around 100-150k in NA is worrisome. Doubt it's much better in EU either

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
How is Rayman games in Jp market? I think it will do ok at least I hope so. It looks very good. But zombiu being around 100-150k in NA is worrisome. Doubt it's much better in EU either

oh wow... no market in japan... 



Kyuun SPARK!!!!!

Rayman Origins didn't take off on the Wii either.

Sure it wasn't exlcusive, but I can't see where those potential huge sales for Legends should be coming from.


I'm still very confident that we will see Legends on other platforms (with the WiiU exclusive features changed or simply cut out).

aikohualda said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
How is Rayman games in Jp market? I think it will do ok at least I hope so. It looks very good. But zombiu being around 100-150k in NA is worrisome. Doubt it's much better in EU either

oh wow... no market in japan... 

Rayman has a small but a strong following so it might move some consoles too. I wonder how much Ubi is expecting sales wise.



In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
aikohualda said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
How is Rayman games in Jp market? I think it will do ok at least I hope so. It looks very good. But zombiu being around 100-150k in NA is worrisome. Doubt it's much better in EU either

oh wow... no market in japan... 

Rayman has a small but a strong following so it might move some consoles too. I wonder how much Ubi is expecting sales wise.

graphics looks awesome, i think ALOT; especially it is an exclusive



Kyuun SPARK!!!!!

The game never had any potential for big sales numbers in the first place and it should have always been expected to get ported to other systems in some form (i.e. Wii U specific features getting scratched). Low Wii U hardware sales don't change anything.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

Rayman Origins did not reach 1mil on either console it was released, the Xbox360 version only sold 200k more than the Vita version. How hard could it possibly bomb?

KHlover said:
Rayman Origins did not reach 1mil on either console it was released, the Xbox360 version only sold 200k more than the Vita version. How hard could it possibly bomb?

what do you think about ubisoft's expectations though?



Kyuun SPARK!!!!!

Around the Network
aikohualda said:
KHlover said:
Rayman Origins did not reach 1mil on either console it was released, the Xbox360 version only sold 200k more than the Vita version. How hard could it possibly bomb?

what do you think about ubisoft's expectations though?

If they have any sense - 500-600k

When this game releases WiiU probably won't have a userbase bigger than 4m. Expecting more than one eighth of the WiiU owners to buy the game would be delusional.