Forums - Politics Discussion - 1/4 of American kids on food stamps! USA a-ok?

Should we have tighter restrictions on what poor can buy?

yes
no
I am rich and they paid for my porche buying junk food

Should we be worried about the economy or Happy that 1/4 of Americas kids are fat?

 

http://nation.foxnews.com/food-stamps/2013/01/09/1-4-children-food-stamps



Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

Should we be worried about the economy or Happy that 1/4 of Americas kids are fat?


Are they really? How do kids get fat? I'm not American, but I don't remember the last time I saw a fat kid.



Jo + Meg from Burst Angel. Original collage by kawaiiOtaku08

You obviously have never been to America, or Germany (according to the Simpson's), or Candyland.

It's not surprising when you consider 1 out of every 6 people is on food stamps. It's only natural for kids to be more likely to be on that list since they contribute nothing.

It is surprising when you do not realize that much of America is on food stamps.



Around the Network
Im from a country without foodstamps.. So how does this work? The goverment sends coupons worth money to the poor and the only thing you can do with it is to buy food? Are there special supermarkets? Or can you trade them in into any food place?

http://i45.tinypic.com/287dhcz.jpghttp://i50.tinypic.com/1553y14.jpghttp://oi56.tinypic.com/2v16t81.jpghttp://oi39.tinypic.com/5eg9y1.jpg

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)

You have no idea how much it pisses me off to be working, and then someone strolls up with a half a cart full of candy and uses food stamps. Buying a bag here and there is fine, but $30 of candy? ffs.

There needs to be more regulations. It's so much easier to sit on your ass and collect then it is to get out there and do something yourself. The people who need these programs should be on it, not the lazy.

NiKKoM said:
Im from a country without foodstamps.. So how does this work? The goverment sends coupons worth money to the poor and the only thing you can do with it is to buy food? Are there special supermarkets? Or can you trade them in into any food place?



its on a credit card looking think. It replenishes every month and you use it just like a credit card. You can use it in almost every place that sells food. Also, I believe you can use it at McDonalds now.... you can by anything you want that is considered food... this includes soda, chips, chocolate, gummy bears, ect ect



Kasz216 said:
It's not surprising when you consider 1 out of every 6 people is on food stamps. It's only natural for kids to be more likely to be on that list since they contribute nothing.


Harsh, man. You seen Children of Men? You know what the world would be like without kids?



Jo + Meg from Burst Angel. Original collage by kawaiiOtaku08

Around the Network
Wagram said:
You have no idea how much it pisses me off to be working, and then someone strolls up with a half a cart full of candy and uses food stamps. Buying a bag here and there is fine, but $30 of candy? ffs.

There needs to be more regulations. It's so much easier to sit on your ass and collect then it is to get out there and do something yourself. The people who need these programs should be on it, not the lazy.



Ive seen that happen... then they get in an escalade and drive off... And I get denied everytime i apply because Im a student and don't work 20hours a week (considering i am in school M-F from 8am-7pm this is near impossible)... but if i quit school I'd get them!