Forums - General Discussion - A Memory of Light - The final showdown at Shayol Ghul! This one's for all the marbles people!

Tagged games:

 

I got my copy of A Memory of Light today and I can't wait to start reading it tonight. It seems like I've been reading The Wheel of Time series for as long as i've done anything. It's by far my favorite series. http://www.amazon.com/A-Memory-Light-Wheel-Time/dp/0765325950/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357711832&sr=8-1&keywords=A+Memory+of+Light

Anyone else a fan of The Wheel of Time?

Have you been waiting for the final chapter or are you still a few book behind?

Who your favorite character?

Which Forsaken do you love to hate the most?

Who's your favorite love interest of Rand's (Elayne, Min, Aviendha)?

Who, of the two rivers boys, do you most identify with (Rand, Mat, Perrin)?

Who, of the two rivers girls, do you most identify with (Egwene, Nynaeve)?

Who's your favorite hero?

Who's your favorite heroine?

Which is your favorite book in the series?

Have you checked out the comic book adaption of the books yet? If not do so, they're great too.

 

PLEASE NO SPOILERS. Don't talk about deaths or big plot points even in the older books. We don't want to ruin any surprises for people still reading.




Around the Network
Shiiiiiiit!!! I just got super hyped!!! I've been reading this series since the mid 90's! Hype level over 9000!!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

In the beginning Rand was my favorite character, but as the series went on I kinda lost interest in him, starting with A Patch of Daggers I think... Mat grew of me as soon as he started to get his own adventures and sub-plots - and Perrin's just kept on keeping better and better in the last few books. I also think Egwene's gotten into her own as the series went on! It's just such a great series! Love it!

As for the Forsaken, Ishmael's always been my favorite! Ba'alzamon was way cool!

But my favorite book has got to be the 1st one! I got so many fond memories from that one... It's actually THE first book I ever read - and it got me into reading books in general, but also especially fantasy books.

RIP Jordan.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:
In the beginning Rand was my favorite character, but as the series went on I kinda lost interest in him, starting with A Patch of Daggers I think... Mat grew of me as soon as he started to get his own adventures and sub-plots - and Perrin's just kept on keeping better and better in the last few books. I also think Egwene's gotten into her own as the series went on! It's just such a great series! Love it!

As for the Forsaken, Ishmael's always been my favorite! Ba'alzamon was way cool!

But my favorite book has got to be the 1st one! I got so many fond memories from that one... It's actually THE first book I ever read - and it got me into reading books in general, but also especially fantasy books.

RIP Jordan.

Rand is still my favorite because he's had to go through so much. But I love the rest as well, Perrin a bit more than Mat.

I've been a big fan of Nynaeve since the begining and I still think she's one of the funniest characters. She'sstubbornand always thinks she knows best, which reminds me of myself a bit.

Moiraine is my favorite Aes Sedai by a large stretch. Of the Rand's girls I like think all for different reasons, but I think Min is my favorite. Well, At least, she's the one most compatible with me. Less bossy than the others.

Lanfear is by far my favorite of the Forsaken, even in her new form. Lol, she's like a crazy ex-girlfriend who won't go away. But Lanfear will kill if she can't have him.



Are there really only two of us readers on the whole forum?

Around the Network

 

Woah! It's out!? I can't wait to read it! Oh, but I'm gonna have to. Y'know, the Amazon rating alarmed me at first, but now I see that people are just pissed at the lack of a digital release. THREE FLIPPIN' MONTHS!? Are you kidding me?! I thought the whole point of digital releases was the convenience of not having to worry about waiting in line, waiting in the car as you speed your way down to the book store, or waiting in general! Now I have to drive down to the city to find out if they have the book in stock anywhere. -_-

Anyhoo, on to the questions.

- I did not read the prologue. This isn't the next A Song of Ice and Fire book, i.e., it actually has a set release date, so I can wait.

- My favorite character is probably Mat Cauthon. Sure, he was a bit whiny when the series started, but he really came into his own as the series progressed.

- If I had to chose one it would be Ishamael--or maybe Lanfear.. Really, though, I hate all of the Forsaken. They come across as a bunch of blithering idiots. Were they not so helplessly incompetent, they could have killed Rand and his pals ten times over. Now Padan Fain on the other hand, he's a true villain. I'm really looking forward to seeing what becomes of him.

- Definitely Aviendha. I find myself questioning the point of Min's existence, at times, and her unfaltering infatuated worship of Rand annoys me to no end. Elayne... Don't even get me started on her!

- I'll have to say that I identify most with Mat. If only because I find it nearly impossible to relate to Rand, and Perrin, while I do like his character, is a whipped pup.

- Nynaeve. The only connection I feel towards Egwene is one of intense hatred and loathing.

- Mat. Unless you're asking who my favorite Hero of the Horn is, in which case...still Mat. Heh.

- Nynaeve. Sure, she's annoying sometimes, but what character in this series isn't? Her accomplishments, ability to speak her mind, and her strong sense of justice easiliy make up for whatever falts she has, imo. I thought her character got the short end of the stick in books 5-7, but after she got past her block she became, well, totally awesome. I like Moiraine too.

- My favorite book in the series is probably The Shadow Rising. It's been a while since I read it, but I just remember enjoying that one the most. Both 12 and 13 were quite good too.

- I have not checked out the comic books, but I have been meaning to.

*sigh* I can't believe it's over. I've had so many great memories reading these books. While I have a tendancy to complain about it a lot, the fact remains that no series has gotten to me quite like this one has. I'll try not to cry reading the last few pages. Unless it sucks, that is. In that case, I'll cry tears of rage while spreading my hatred all over the interwebs.



kain_kusanagi said:
DanneSandin said:
In the beginning Rand was my favorite character, but as the series went on I kinda lost interest in him, starting with A Patch of Daggers I think... Mat grew of me as soon as he started to get his own adventures and sub-plots - and Perrin's just kept on keeping better and better in the last few books. I also think Egwene's gotten into her own as the series went on! It's just such a great series! Love it!

As for the Forsaken, Ishmael's always been my favorite! Ba'alzamon was way cool!

But my favorite book has got to be the 1st one! I got so many fond memories from that one... It's actually THE first book I ever read - and it got me into reading books in general, but also especially fantasy books.

RIP Jordan.

Rand is still my favorite because he's had to go through so much. But I love the rest as well, Perrin a bit more than Mat.

I've been a big fan of Nynaeve since the begining and I still think she's one of the funniest characters. She'sstubbornand always thinks she knows best, which reminds me of myself a bit.

Moiraine is my favorite Aes Sedai by a large stretch. Of the Rand's girls I like think all for different reasons, but I think Min is my favorite. Well, At least, she's the one most compatible with me. Less bossy than the others.

Lanfear is by far my favorite of the Forsaken, even in her new form. Lol, she's like a crazy ex-girlfriend who won't go away. But Lanfear will kill if she can't have him.

Sadly, there seems to just be the three of us enjoying this fantastic series =(

Rand got way too dark for my taste a while there, and I don't know what to think of this latest development in his character just yet...

Nynaeve's never been one of my favorites - but perhaps that'll change once I re-read the whole series...

Elayne is my favorite Rand girl; Min is a bit too boring since she never has any exciting story line of her own.

Yeah, Lanfear is pretty awesome - but nothing compares to Ba'alzamon ;) And of course I've taken a liking to Moridin as well ^^ But Baalz was so awesome because you only saw him trough others, which mystified him quite a bit - and that always works well for bad guys! Imagine if we were to see the world from Saurons POV in LOTR; how he worries about the Ring and what the petty humans will try to do to destroy him and such... would be boring ^^ Sometimes villians are better left alone!!



I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Trunkin said:

*sigh* I can't believe it's over. I've had so many great memories reading these books. While I have a tendancy to complain about it a lot, the fact remains that no series has gotten to me quite like this one has. I'll try not to cry reading the last few pages. Unless it sucks, that is. In that case, I'll cry tears of rage while spreading my hatred all over the interwebs.

QFT!! I cried when I finished LOTR... I'm not afraid of admitting it! It was the End of... dunno... something. And I'll probably sob like a little girl when I'm done with the Wheel of Time - ESPECIALLY if someone dies (which SOMEONE should)!!!



I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

ill wait for the TV show or movie

Raptr Forum Signature

Around the Network
I got to book 7 and gave up. I just couldn't handle that shite anymore. Too much crap about braid tugging and all the guys being scared of the women. Also, after the 6th book I didn't care how a random womans dress was designed and fabric it was made of. Also, the main character got way too powerfull too early.