Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Prediction Lifetime Software Sales!

How much Software will Pokemon X/Y sell lifetime?

No more than 12mil (worst generation in terms of sales)
12mil-14mil
14mil-16mil
16mil-18mil
18mil-20mil
20mil-22mil
22mil-24mil
24mil-25mil
25mil+


With all the exciting news of Pokemon, I think we all can agree it will bring back old fans and usher in New ones! My Question to you is how much?
(I'll keep this thread alive)

1st Generation is the best selling pokemon gen with over 30mil software sales (red/blue/green). With gen 2 doing better than the others with the exception of Gen 1, the others are all pretty close. Keep in mind Pokemon Black/White is still growing and will likely top 15mil in the next 5-9 months.

↓↓↓↓Here is a list of all the Pokemon games and Software sales↓↓↓↓

★31.37mil★ Pokémon Red / Green / Blue Version
☆23.10mil☆ Pokémon Gold / Silver Version
★15.85mil★ Pokémon Ruby / Sapphire Version
☆18.05mil(+)☆ Pokémon Diamond / Pearl Version
★14.60mil(+)★ Pokémon Black / White Version
☆??.??mil☆ Pokémon X / Y


So with pokemon black/white still growing, even if a little where will Gen 6 stand? I certainly believe this could break out and be the best gen after gold/silver!

What do you think? Discuss!



Around the Network
18-20 million... i hope...
i hope you could still get pokemon from previous generation to trade in x and y... im not sure, but it seems like they are starting with a clean slate with x and y...
tbone you are very active today :)

16-20 Million.
I'm basing my numbers off of how well Diamond and Pearl did since they were also the first releases for the main line Pokemon series on that console.

20 Million max and 16 Million being the absolute minimum.

Official Mario Kart 8 Thread:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=162055&page=1#

Carl is a Piplup hater and deserves to be punished eternally.

aikohualda said:
18-20 million... i hope...
i hope you could still get pokemon from previous generation to trade in x and y... im not sure, but it seems like they are starting with a clean slate with x and y...
tbone you are very active today :)



Your sig says it all lol. Im hoping for 22mil, maybe more. This game seems like its gonna be the most hype game of all generations, I mean come on People who didn't get Pokemon black/white or any game in gen 4 will surely pick this one up, and with already a guarteed 12mil (i say 11mil 1st year software sales) userbase it will do great!



NintendoPie said:
16-20 Million.
I'm basing my numbers off of how well Diamond and Pearl did since they were also the first releases for the main line Pokemon series on that console.

20 Million max and 16 Million being the absolute minimum.



This game has to bring back old players and also the gen 4 and especially gen 5 haters lol, Im going with 22mil lifetime.



Around the Network
tbone51 said:
NintendoPie said:
16-20 Million.
I'm basing my numbers off of how well Diamond and Pearl did since they were also the first releases for the main line Pokemon series on that console.

20 Million max and 16 Million being the absolute minimum.



This game has to bring back old players and also the gen 4 and especially gen 5 haters lol, Im going with 22mil lifetime.

So almost Gold and Silver numbers?

I don't think it'll make that, it might just fall short of 20 Million even.



Official Mario Kart 8 Thread:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=162055&page=1#

Carl is a Piplup hater and deserves to be punished eternally.

im saying 20m, definately believe its 3d appeal will bring in fans old and new. the sales of 3ds are also matching the ds so that will help it beat diamond/pearl

http://www.vooks.net/img/2014/08/ibqHM48o8MbQQl.gif

The starters are well designed this time, I don't see a lot of hate going around on this as Gen 5 did. Unlike Black and White though, every single person I know seems to be excited for this game.

Gold/Silver are tough to beat though, I'd say around 21mil max and about 16mil min. Personally I'd like it to sell 19+ though.

 Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

12.7M

Around the Network
I say ~20 million at most. I expect it to be great even by Pokemon standards, but even matching Gold/Silver seems out of the question. Indeed, I have to wonder if Pokemon will ever hit the numbers of the first two gens again anytime soon.

Granted, I think most companies would be more than happy with 20 million units, but still... :p

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

Christina Hendricks

:D