Forums - PC Discussion - Why doesn't someone release a PC game with next gen specs now?

Or even a year or two ago, they easily coudl have, why is it being limited like consoles are, we know PC can do much better.

When Crysis released they said it only costed 20 million to do what they did with Crysis, that was 5 years ago, and pretty much the cost of the average HD game, it also sold really well on PC.

Why can't PC branch out to be always the futuristic machine with the best graphics (I know it's the bets graphics now but in most PC games the highest quality is not a huge difference to consoles). PC can easily be the graphics king while home consoles take over the living room with it's extra features).



X  

Xbox 360: X  Wii: X  Playstation 3: X

--------------------------------------------------------------Avatar of the Week-------------------------------------------------------------

X

Around the Network
Becoz next gen doesn't begin until Sony says so.

But for reals, you don't see devs working on pc games like console exclusives, it just doesn't sell enough. The only games that have AAA budgets are pc only genres, multiplats are made with consoles in mind, and they will look better on pc once they can look better on consoles.


Here's a bit of next-gen for you: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=145420&page=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH9ooDvEH5g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZkUnciopl0



Watch this space - counting down to the GOTG soon

Turkish said:
Becoz next gen doesn't begin until Sony says so.

But for reals, you don't see devs working on pc games like console exclusives, it just doesn't sell enough. The only games that have AAA budgets are pc only genres, multiplats are made with consoles in mind, and they will look better on pc once they can look better on consoles.


But you don't need a AAA budget like a mentioned about Crysis, they came out of nowhere with a $20 million budget (which is an normal budget for an HD game) and made one of the best looking games and possibly still the best looking game after 5 years.



X  

Xbox 360: X  Wii: X  Playstation 3: X

--------------------------------------------------------------Avatar of the Week-------------------------------------------------------------

X

Gilgamesh said:
Turkish said:
Becoz next gen doesn't begin until Sony says so.

But for reals, you don't see devs working on pc games like console exclusives, it just doesn't sell enough. The only games that have AAA budgets are pc only genres, multiplats are made with consoles in mind, and they will look better on pc once they can look better on consoles.


But you don't need a AAA budget like a mentioned about Crysis, they came out of nowhere with a $20 million budget (which is an normal budget for an HD game) and made one of the best looking games and possibly still the best looking game after 5 years.


Well 20 million are an AAA Budget



You bet against Chris1596, You lose its that simple.

Around the Network
pezus said:

Here's a bit of next-gen for you: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=145420&page=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH9ooDvEH5g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZkUnciopl0


Looks amazing but still that's 2013 games, wasn't it possible to make that years ago?



X  

Xbox 360: X  Wii: X  Playstation 3: X

--------------------------------------------------------------Avatar of the Week-------------------------------------------------------------

X

AndrewWK said:
Gilgamesh said:
Turkish said:
Becoz next gen doesn't begin until Sony says so.

But for reals, you don't see devs working on pc games like console exclusives, it just doesn't sell enough. The only games that have AAA budgets are pc only genres, multiplats are made with consoles in mind, and they will look better on pc once they can look better on consoles.


But you don't need a AAA budget like a mentioned about Crysis, they came out of nowhere with a $20 million budget (which is an normal budget for an HD game) and made one of the best looking games and possibly still the best looking game after 5 years.


Well 20 million are an AAA Budget

No the average HD game is anywhere from $15 million - $30 million, big budget games are twice the price of that, even some reachine up to $100 million.

Source



X  

Xbox 360: X  Wii: X  Playstation 3: X

--------------------------------------------------------------Avatar of the Week-------------------------------------------------------------

X

Gilgamesh said:
pezus said:

Here's a bit of next-gen for you: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=145420&page=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH9ooDvEH5g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZkUnciopl0


Looks amazing but still that's 2013 games, wasn't it possible to make that years ago?

Possible, but only with the most extreme of extreme gaming machines. Crysis 3 looks phenomenal, and if you expect next-gen console games to look better you're going to be disappointed (at least early on). 



Watch this space - counting down to the GOTG soon

Gilgamesh said:
pezus said:

Here's a bit of next-gen for you: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=145420&page=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH9ooDvEH5g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZkUnciopl0


Looks amazing but still that's 2013 games, wasn't it possible to make that years ago?

that's like you show someone uncharted 3 and ask why the first ps games did look like crap compared to the new ones. wouldn't it possible to make the last of us in 2006 for ps3?

and if you really think those games in the video should have looked like that years ago i really wonder what you expect from next gen consoles like nextbox or ps.



Around the Network
crissindahouse said:
Gilgamesh said:
pezus said:

Here's a bit of next-gen for you: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=145420&page=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH9ooDvEH5g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZkUnciopl0


Looks amazing but still that's 2013 games, wasn't it possible to make that years ago?

that's like you show someone uncharted 3 and ask why the first ps games did look like crap compared to the new ones. wouldn't it possible to make the last of us in 2006 for ps3?

and if you really think those games in the video should have looked like that years ago i really wonder what you expect from next gen consoles like nextbox or ps.

It's because we're still seeing PS360 games that have the same level design with lower-resolution textures and less effects than the PC counterparts. Next-gen PC games should be a generational leap, not the same game just reskined to look only a couple of steps better. We should be seeing PC games that look like what UE4 and the tech demo SE showed off. Remember Doom 3? That came out in 2004 on the PC, and blew away every single console game. We are 7 years in the console cycle, where are the PC games that look like what Doom 3 did back in the day?



I don't know why people tell me to get a life. I'm a gamer, I have lots of lives!