Forums - Nintendo Discussion - System Faults Didn't Stop THQ From Bringing Metro: Last Light To Wii U

System Faults Didn't Stop THQ From Bringing Metro: Last Light To Wii U

Posted Thu, 13 Dec 2012 | 12:00 GMT by Orla Madden

Clarification incoming!

METRO LL SS 2

We reported last month that A4 Games - developer of Metro: Last Light - had found that the Wii U had a "horrible, slow CPU", with Huw Beynon of THQ elaborating that the console wasn't "worth pursuing at this time". The end result is that Wii U owners aren't going to see the first person shooter on their consoles next year.

However, it has now emerged that faults with the system weren't to blame for the title not coming to Wii U. Here's a small section taken from Benyon's interview with SPOnG:

SPOnG: The Wii U version is obviously not being worked on anymore. How far did you guys get on it before you cancelled it? Did you guys have an opportunity to use the GamePad?

Huw Benyon: Our look at the Wii U extended to a very early look at some very early kits. We...we did some work on it, but we made a decision fairly early on that we weren’t going to commit further resource to it. So yeah, we didn’t go too far. Take any of the comments you’ve seen attributed with a pinch of salt - it’s certainly not been based on any kind of analysis of final hardware.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/12/system_faults_didnt_stop_thq_from_bringing_metro_last_light_to_wii_u



 photo 10991121-1409070796-361669cropped_zpsa04c439f.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

Vgchartz Official Mario Kart Tournaments below:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=162055&page=1

NintenDomination: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=171220&page=1

Around the Network

The damage is already done. Sony and Microsoft fanboys won't care about this news; their minds are already made up.

Glad to see THQ clarifying. =)



wfz said:

The damage is already done. Sony and Microsoft fanboys won't care about this news; their minds are already made up.

Glad to see THQ clarifying. =)

indeed sony-ms fanboys are going to ignore this forever.



24 years playing games.

nintendo network ID: Teriolforce ADD ME!!

currently playing Planetside 2

i7 4770k, RAM 32 Gb 1800 mhz, AMD 7990 Ghz Edition, gigabyte z87 deluxe.

Teriol said:
wfz said:

The damage is already done. Sony and Microsoft fanboys won't care about this news; their minds are already made up.

Glad to see THQ clarifying. =)

indeed sony-ms fanboys are going to ignore this forever.


Their minds were made up before the system was even annouced lol.



 

 

Not much has been made clear, however. I'm not saying I believe that it had to do with the Wii U not being able to handle the game, though. My guess, as it was before, is that they don't believe it would be worth the time, money, and man-power needed to make what would probably be a port released after the PS3/360 versions. As we've seen so far, those haven't sold all that spectacularly.

Around the Network
This reason is just as bad. It will take a third party game selling really well on Wii U to convince publishers to port anything to Wii U - same catch-22 as Wii. The safe option is still PS3/360 only.

Cobretti2 said:
Teriol said:
wfz said:

The damage is already done. Sony and Microsoft fanboys won't care about this news; their minds are already made up.

Glad to see THQ clarifying. =)

indeed sony-ms fanboys are going to ignore this forever.


Their minds were made up before the system was even annouced lol.


the Sony fan in me doesn't care, but the ninty fan wishes ninty fans could play this game. but the sony fan in me says you may be spared disappointment if this game sucks



For a console that has a 1.25 herz chip.it runs mass effect just as good as the 360 and alittle better then the ps3 when it comes to frames per second.
I saw the video..i will get this game for the wiiu

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

TheKingofRedLions

 

Only vgchartz can produce such a perfect miasma of irony and stupidity. 



Around the Network
Soleron said:
This reason is just as bad. It will take a third party game selling really well on Wii U to convince publishers to port anything to Wii U - same catch-22 as Wii. The safe option is still PS3/360 only.

yep.

at least is not a power issue so everything is reduce to get a lot of wiiU's in people hands to get support from third partys.



24 years playing games.

nintendo network ID: Teriolforce ADD ME!!

currently playing Planetside 2

i7 4770k, RAM 32 Gb 1800 mhz, AMD 7990 Ghz Edition, gigabyte z87 deluxe.