So much of recent discussion has focused on the Wii U. Because what we care about is Nintendo's continued existence to make more of the games we enjoy, we need to start thinking longer-term than that. Here are some ideas from Malstrom, (almost) refreshingly free of his usual focuses and just talking business. I particularly agree with the last one here.
- Create a true account system
- Sell hardware, at a profit, for a low price
- Re-evaluate who the actual flagship games are.
- Make a "New Legend of Zelda" like NSMB.
- Profitability should be the aim, not innovation.
- Abandon Non-Gaming uses of the console
- Reduce the focus on 3D titles and technology
- Embrace online multiplayer
- Make more small games instead of large games.