Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anybody here going to the Nintendo World launch tomorrow night in NYC?

I'm considering it. I mistakenly missed the pre-order deadline, and am now feeling a little anxious about my ability to score a Wii U at launch. I had my then 5 yr old son with me at the Toys R Us one for the Wii, and I'm thinking about bringing him tomorrow night.

Anybody else going???

 



Around the Network
I might go to cover it for a website, but I have my Wii U preordered elsewhere.

JWeinCom said:
I might go to cover it for a website, but I have my Wii U preordered elsewhere.


Yeah, I had a Wii pre-ordered when I went to the Toys R Us launch - so I went with my son just for the experience. If they ran out, I was comforted by the fact that I could hit Gamestop the next day and get mine...   ...this time, no such comfort. If they run out, I'm f*cked. :(



is it out tomorrow? :O i thought it was at the end of the month? exciting

PlaystaionGamer said:
is it out tomorrow? :O i thought it was at the end of the month? exciting


Well, technically Sunday - but the launch starts tomorrow at 6pm till midnight...



Around the Network
No.

Lol...

Im the same shoes. My gamestop is lame. They decided they weren't doing pre orders at all and instead have waitlist. They call people in order as Wii U's come but if you dont come get it when its your turn your skipped. Hopefully im not at work or takin my final or something. They dont even tell you your spot!!!. My plan B is mom who is a assistant at Wal Mart hopefully is can score one.

 

The Best Buy close to me won't do mid night launch so I'll have to pick it up Sunday morning :(

People have already started lining up so your chances might be slim. Maybe you can try anyway if you have got the time.

Around the Network
TalonMan said:

I'm considering it. I mistakenly missed the pre-order deadline, and am now feeling a little anxious about my ability to score a Wii U at launch. I had my then 5 yr old son with me at the Toys R Us one for the Wii, and I'm thinking about bringing him tomorrow night.

Anybody else going???

 

If you live near the place and can make it... definitely
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.412822132118999.92068.322374604497086&type=1

You and your son will have a great time, even if you don't manage to take one home without the pre-order reservation.