Forums - Sony Discussion - any good platforming games on the PS3?

well recently i have grown tired of shooters. even games i have really been waiting to get (starhawk) i have grown tired off. its not that i dont like shooters, but i like to play different types of genre's and now im craving some good old platforming! i already have LBP and i dont want a raymans game, any other good suggestions?



Bet With Zero: He says WiiU and XB1 gap will be higher than 1.9M by end of 2014, i say it will grow smaller or vanish. 

Bet with Pezus: i win if Watch dogs sells more on PS3+360  than on next gen PS4 + Xbox One. winner gets 1 month sig control

Bet With JoeTheBro: He says WiiU in Jan 2013 > XB1 Jan 2014, i say the opposite.

Around the Network
If you're looking for 3d platformers, i'll suggest the ratchet and clank saga and the HD Collection and the jak and daxter hd collection also, sony doesn't offer much interms of 2d platforming though.

These are the only four good platformers on the PS3. The rest are garbage and Rayman Origins is best on Xbox 360:

2D
LittleBigPlanet
LittleBigPlanet 2

3D
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time

Don't want another LittleBigPlanet game? Needs to be 2D? Well, there's absolutely nothing left.

luigiman5555 said:
These are the only four good platformers on the PS3. The rest are garbage and Rayman Origins is best on Xbox 360:

2D
LittleBigPlanet
LittleBigPlanet 2

3D
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time

Don't want another LittleBigPlanet game? Needs to be 2D? Well, there's absolutely nothing left.


doesnt need to be 2D and doesnt need to be purely platforming either

ratchet and clank sounds interesting whats the best one?



Bet With Zero: He says WiiU and XB1 gap will be higher than 1.9M by end of 2014, i say it will grow smaller or vanish. 

Bet with Pezus: i win if Watch dogs sells more on PS3+360  than on next gen PS4 + Xbox One. winner gets 1 month sig control

Bet With JoeTheBro: He says WiiU in Jan 2013 > XB1 Jan 2014, i say the opposite.

Friggin' Rayman Origins, best 2D Jump'n'Run of this gen.

Try out Sly and Jak&Daxter HD if you didn't play the original games.

Then there are also PSN titles like Limbo, Outland, etc.

There is also Sound Shapes, I didn't like it a lot, but it got good scores.

Game of the Generation:

10. Tomb Raider (2013)
9. Mass Effect 3 (2012 GOTY)
8. God of War 3 (2010)
7. Rayman Legends (2013)
6. Portal 2 (2011)
5. Grand Theft Auto V (2013)
4. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (2011 GOTY)
3. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (2010 GOTY)
2. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2009 GOTY)
1. The Last of Us (2013 GOTY)

2007 GOTY: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, 2008 GOTY: Bioshock

Around the Network
ghettoglamour said:
Friggin' Rayman Origins, best 2D Jump'n'Run of this gen.

Try out Sly and Jak&Daxter HD if you didn't play the original games.

Then there are also PSN titles like Limbo, Outland, etc.

There is also Sound Shapes, I didn't like it a lot, but it got good scores.


played limbo, very good game. but i want something thats kinda long



Bet With Zero: He says WiiU and XB1 gap will be higher than 1.9M by end of 2014, i say it will grow smaller or vanish. 

Bet with Pezus: i win if Watch dogs sells more on PS3+360  than on next gen PS4 + Xbox One. winner gets 1 month sig control

Bet With JoeTheBro: He says WiiU in Jan 2013 > XB1 Jan 2014, i say the opposite.

Why not Rayman?? You're like the first person who likes Jump'n'Runs and don't like Rayman Origins. Don't get it :p

Game of the Generation:

10. Tomb Raider (2013)
9. Mass Effect 3 (2012 GOTY)
8. God of War 3 (2010)
7. Rayman Legends (2013)
6. Portal 2 (2011)
5. Grand Theft Auto V (2013)
4. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (2011 GOTY)
3. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (2010 GOTY)
2. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2009 GOTY)
1. The Last of Us (2013 GOTY)

2007 GOTY: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, 2008 GOTY: Bioshock

bananaking21 said:
luigiman5555 said:
These are the only four good platformers on the PS3. The rest are garbage and Rayman Origins is best on Xbox 360:

2D
LittleBigPlanet
LittleBigPlanet 2

3D
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time

Don't want another LittleBigPlanet game? Needs to be 2D? Well, there's absolutely nothing left.


doesnt need to be 2D and doesnt need to be purely platforming either

ratchet and clank sounds interesting whats the best one?


A crack in time, but i would get the hd collection if i were you, the game looks brilliant in HD



ghettoglamour said:
Why not Rayman?? You're like the first person who likes Jump'n'Runs and don't like Rayman Origins. Don't get it :p


i can play rayman at work, yes when i dont have task's were allowed to watch movies/ play games. so i already have it on pc why buy it on console?



Bet With Zero: He says WiiU and XB1 gap will be higher than 1.9M by end of 2014, i say it will grow smaller or vanish. 

Bet with Pezus: i win if Watch dogs sells more on PS3+360  than on next gen PS4 + Xbox One. winner gets 1 month sig control

Bet With JoeTheBro: He says WiiU in Jan 2013 > XB1 Jan 2014, i say the opposite.

Around the Network
LBPs

Ratchet PS3 games
Ratchet PS3 HD collection

Jak HD collection

inFamous is kind of a platformer I guess, but I suppose you are trying to get a "pure" platformer