Quantcast
P4G has aired on Vita!!! Will you be tunning in?

Forums - Sony Discussion - P4G has aired on Vita!!! Will you be tunning in?

Tagged games:

Will you be picking up the game?

Duh! Of Course!!!!! 10 83.33%
 
Whats "Persona"? 2 16.67%
 
Total:12
outlawauron said:
Torillian said:
ninetailschris said:

 

Persona 4 golden looks great but in no way can it be the greatest thing ever if in reality it's a port with few more levels and stuff added.

Plus I believe the game is more niche than broad like Xenoblade so it wins in that area also.


Not what I'm arguing, I'm arguing that Persona 4 is the best JRPG in years, to which you countered with Xenoblade and I disagree with you.

How can you give Xenoblade a "win" for being more broad when it has less sales than Persona 4?  Seems rediculous to me, are you just basing this off anime cutscenes?

Shush, let Nintendo fans have this gen's Symphonia.


technically that persona 4 is last gen, so persona has no bearing on this gen's symphonia yes?



Around the Network

Unfortunately this isn't PSV's killer app. It's blown its load in Japan and Persona is small potatoes everywhere else.

A shame for Persona and PSV both.

Persona and PSV, loved by critics, ignored by everyone else. :'-(



“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

 

ishiki said:
outlawauron said:
Torillian said:
ninetailschris said:

 

Persona 4 golden looks great but in no way can it be the greatest thing ever if in reality it's a port with few more levels and stuff added.

Plus I believe the game is more niche than broad like Xenoblade so it wins in that area also.


Not what I'm arguing, I'm arguing that Persona 4 is the best JRPG in years, to which you countered with Xenoblade and I disagree with you.

How can you give Xenoblade a "win" for being more broad when it has less sales than Persona 4?  Seems rediculous to me, are you just basing this off anime cutscenes?

Shush, let Nintendo fans have this gen's Symphonia.


technically that persona 4 is last gen, so persona has no bearing on this gen's symphonia yes?

Last generation by platform, but I referring to Xenoblade being this generation's Symphonia. As in a game that gets glorified largely because it's the only decent JRPG on the console (not as much so with the Wii because you have a few other good ones, but the overrating is still there).



persona 4 (ps2) was the best RPG GAME EVER with Final fantasy 7 (ps1) and dragon quest 8 (ps2) :)
and the vita game have mehr content than persona 4, awesome.



the best RPG's are coming 2013 !!!! oh my god, this is perfect for RPG-GAMER = ) Ni No Kuni - 25 january, Time and Eternity, tales of xillia (PS3) and the maybe best game ever: metal gear solid ground zero


Rafux said:
This was a great article, I haven't played a Persona game before but after reading this I'm going to give it a try.


Thanks Rafux, I try

I would have to say this is my second favorite RPG of all time (only seconded to FFVII of course haha). The series surprised me deeply. I just was walking through Gamestop and discovered the release of P3 on PS2, standardly came with a very indepth artbook that I was in love with. I had to buy it. Then P4 came that following year and I was officially a FAN! They took the character development and "Party" system to another level. Just can't get enough.

I really hope anyone with a Vita gets this, and anyone who doesn't sees this and consider getting one.



      

      

      

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network
binary solo said:
Unfortunately this isn't PSV's killer app. It's blown its load in Japan and Persona is small potatoes everywhere else.

A shame for Persona and PSV both.

Persona and PSV, loved by critics, ignored by everyone else. :'-(


This is true, but I am far more interested in how well the Game sells period and less on it's affect on Vita. Persona series, since 3 and 4, has had an unwavering fanbase, which sometimes can be deemed better than a simple large one. Basically what that means is fans of the series will gobble up every single iteration without fail, with really good selling numbers. The P1-3 remakes sold very comparable to their originals which is unheard of for remakes. P4G has sold a good amount (somewhere over 60% of original) in Japan and if US/EU can replicate that it will be a success. Taking into account the game is the same except for a few cosmetic tweaks and updates, Atlus can have a massive return without breaking the bank in dev cost.

PS. P4 sold more in US than in Japan if I recall correctly, I could be wrong tho.



      

      

      

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Marco said:
persona 4 (ps2) was the best RPG GAME EVER with Final fantasy 7 (ps1) and dragon quest 8 (ps2) :)
and the vita game have mehr content than persona 4, awesome.

Bolded.........I like You



      

      

      

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Not having played any past game in series and having very low tolerance for annoying JRPG tropes like annoying characters that yell everything they say and overly complicated or boring grind systems of useless crap to upgrade.

Would you recommend this game to me based on Japanese games that I do like?

Fire Emblem
Valkyria Chronicles
Legend of Zelda
Catherine

Aside from the above, I would say I generally stick with Western RPG games like Skyrim and Fallout.



cusman said:

Not having played any past game in series and having very low tolerance for annoying JRPG tropes like annoying characters that yell everything they say and overly complicated or boring grind systems of useless crap to upgrade.

Would you recommend this game to me based on Japanese games that I do like?

Fire Emblem
Valkyria Chronicles
Legend of Zelda
Catherine

Aside from the above, I would say I generally stick with Western RPG games like Skyrim and Fallout.

Well it's made by the same team as Catherine but it's different. Anyway, there's no characters that yell or the time but you might need to grind for a little bit sometimes since some bosses are tough (not for upgrading things though. Just levels.)

P4 is one of the most acclaimed JRPGs out there so just try it.




Master Chief



<:::::[]=