Forums - Sports Discussion - English football supporters are terrible!

Okay guys,

as some of you might know, I am a big supporter of Borussia Dortmund. And as a supporter my role is to support. Sounds logical, doesn't it? Unfortunately the English supporters tend to disagree. They think they are in a stadium to get entertained.

If you watched the game Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund yesterday, you might have noticed that the only support came from the 3,5k Dortmund supporters, while the other 43k Man City fans did not do anything except being impressed.

What happened to the legendary English support? It totally vanished IMO. Liverpool and Arsenal were no different.

I love Ultras and their support. Heck I tried to get to Manchester and support my team for 90 minutes. IMO it is your damn duty to support your team. You are only allowed to criticise the players when YOU gave everything you got on your position, even if that is somewhere in the audience.

1st video: Here is a good example - in the background you see real support, in the front you see no support at all.

 

 

2nd video: And here is what the Dortmund fans thought about it:

 



"Microsoft is not good at the game of capitalism. They don't believe in naturally being better than their opponents. They create artificial advantages [content] to even pose a threat."

S.T.A.G.E criticises Microsoft.

Around the Network
All seater stadiums removed terraces and supporters were priced out as England shifted towards courting middle class and foreign viewers.

Germany has the best model for supporters in Europe with better ticket prices and better stadium configuration. This is aided by financial rules in the Bundesliga.

The cost of England's success has been the decline of supporter culture. I agree, it is a shame to see it suffer.

Please places like Anfield and St James Park have some of the best supporters in the world. The Kop at Anfield especially on a European night is like nothing else. Man City and Chelsea not so much mainly due to the large number of glory hunters.

Also lower league football in England has pretty good fans.

I'm a Liverpool fan by the way.

Away fans.

Next time England play Germany in Germany, tell me that English fans are terrible.

or next time Liverpool play in Germany

Away support is concentrated together and made up of proper hardcore fans...

I'm not really here!

Link: Shipment History Since 1995

LinkVPit said:
Please places like Anfield and St James Park have some of the best supporters in the world. The Kop at Anfield especially on a European night is like nothing else. Man City and Chelsea not so much mainly due to the large number of glory hunters.

Also lower league football in England has pretty good fans.

I'm a Liverpool fan by the way.


Anfield USED to have the support. Not much of it is left though.

where are English choreos these days?



"Microsoft is not good at the game of capitalism. They don't believe in naturally being better than their opponents. They create artificial advantages [content] to even pose a threat."

S.T.A.G.E criticises Microsoft.

Around the Network

"Anfield Used to have that support" ????????

 

 



  
  
  
  



I'm not really here!

Link: Shipment History Since 1995

DirtyP, why are you a supporter of Borussio Dortmund instead of some other German club?

Slimebeast said:
DirtyP, why are you a supporter of Borussio Dortmund instead of some other German club?

QFE.

How about Schalke 04?



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

Biased reviews are a pleasure to read. Just my opinion, of course.

kowenicki said:
Away fans.

Next time England play Germany in Germany, tell me that English fans are terrible.

or next time Liverpool play in Germany

Away support is concentrated together and made up of proper hardcore fans...


oh come on!

Just look the very first minutes and you get the idea.

check the first comment:

I was there, as an Arsenal fan. I have to say the atmosphere was amazing, I wish it was like this in England. Big thanks to the Dortmund fans for being so welcoming, we had a great trip and would like to visit Germany again soon to watch football.



"Microsoft is not good at the game of capitalism. They don't believe in naturally being better than their opponents. They create artificial advantages [content] to even pose a threat."

S.T.A.G.E criticises Microsoft.

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:
kowenicki said:
Away fans.

Next time England play Germany in Germany, tell me that English fans are terrible.

or next time Liverpool play in Germany

Away support is concentrated together and made up of proper hardcore fans..

oh comeon

Just look the very first minutes and you get the idea.

check the first comment:

I was there, as an Arsenal fan. I have to say the atmosphere was amazing, I wish it was like this in England. Big thanks to the Dortmund fans for being so welcoming, we had a great trip and would like to visit Germany again soon to watch football.

are you ignoring my anfield post above?  and lol... arsenal fans... well yeah, of course. they have zero atmosphere.



I'm not really here!

Link: Shipment History Since 1995