Quantcast
VITA = price cut next year, on a 10-year plan

Forums - Sony Discussion - VITA = price cut next year, on a 10-year plan

Paul said:
I don't get how they say that the Vita is selling as expected when they cut the combined vita and psp target. I guess they had really high psp targets for Vita's launch year.


First target they said separated numbers: 10 million Vitas and 6 million.

Only after this they combined their numbers.



Around the Network

This user's post has mysteriously vanished, too.



Welp, that's one less reason for me to buy a Vita for the holidays.



Love and tolerate.

They should cut the price, or it the vita will fail, and the vita project will lose many billions.... It's better to lose a low or moderate amount than a higher amount associated with failure but whatever sony, keep doing what you're doing.



Yikes, title is not misleading. There really is a part about price cut next year


Wow, that's the worst thing an exec can say!



Around the Network
VicViper said:
Paul said:
I don't get how they say that the Vita is selling as expected when they cut the combined vita and psp target. I guess they had really high psp targets for Vita's launch year.


First target they said separated numbers: 10 million Vitas and 6 million.

Only after this they combined their numbers.


So if the combined total is 12 million now and they continue to expect 10 million Vita's that means they expect the psp to sell only 2 million for the year? Something smells fishy here.



VicViper said:

Yikes, title is not misleading. There really is a part about price cut next year


Wow, that's the worst thing an exec can say!

There's only 1 way to control the damage now. Pricecut, now.



Paul said:


So if the combined total is 12 million now and they continue to expect 10 million Vita's that means they expect the psp to sell only 2 million for the year? Something smells fishy here.


For the first number they targeted:

62.5% (10 million) for Vita and 37.5% (6 million) for PSP.

Doing the same for 12 million you get

Vita: 7.5 million and PSP: 4.5 million

But that's for fiscal year (march 2012/march 2013), meaning no launch sales. There's simply 0 chances right now of reaching that second target. For both.



VicViper said:
Paul said:


So if the combined total is 12 million now and they continue to expect 10 million Vita's that means they expect the psp to sell only 2 million for the year? Something smells fishy here.


For the first number they targeted:

62.5% (10 million) for Vita and 37.5% (6 million) for PSP.

Doing the same for 12 million you get

Vita: 7.5 million and PSP: 4.5 million

But that's for fiscal year (march 2012/march 2013), meaning no launch sales. There's simply 0 chances right now of reaching that second target. For both.


Yet in the article the sony guy says sales are as expected which is clearly a lie.



Im afraid it might be too late next year...



Yay!!!