Quantcast
IGN: Valve confirms hardware development - 'frustrated by lack of innovation' in PC hardware

Forums - PC Discussion - IGN: Valve confirms hardware development - 'frustrated by lack of innovation' in PC hardware

A Valve PC that can be upgraded would be nice, if that is the case, I will get it. But if its a system with limited hardware like the consoles and closely related to PCs, I'll stick with PC.

I think this may be related to Windows 8 since they said they didnt like it o.o?



    

Basil's YouTube Channel


                    

Around the Network

Sounds good.



They have been talking about doing peripherals for ages now. Gabe has said several times he is interested in using biometric data to detect people's emotions to alter the gameplay. They also have their wearable computing projects etc as well. They even had a build of left for dead that recorded your heart rate and added a metric of how scared you were at the end of each level.

They have flat out said they are not working on a steambox console.



@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:

They have been talking about doing peripherals for ages now. Gabe has said several times he is interested in using biometric data to detect people's emotions to alter the gameplay. They also have their wearable computing projects etc as well. They even had a build of left for dead that recorded your heart rate and added a metric of how scared you were at the end of each level.

They have flat out said they are not working on a steambox console.

How trivial is this, I mean many of us thought about this back in 2006 when the Wii came out. Probably there hasn't been a business case for it, but some companies believe that some ideas have intrinsic worth and can sell themselves. I'm looking forward to this and am all for it, GO VALVE!

There are so many ideas to make a reality, and we need a big big shaking in the industry real soon.



I have no clue what it will be, but I doubt it's a "console" in the sense Wii, X360 and PS3 are.



No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:

How trivial is this, I mean many of us thought about this back in 2006 when the Wii came out. Probably there hasn't been a business case for it, but some companies believe that some ideas have intrinsic worth and can sell themselves. I'm looking forward to this and am all for it, GO VALVE!

There are so many ideas to make a reality, and we need a big big shaking in the industry real soon.


Aparently the co-op experianced was changed with people trying to keep as calm as possible lol



@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

This could actually be very good for the industry. It will force the current hardware companies to get serious to keep their consumers satisfied.



If it's a PC-console I ain't getting it; I need my TV to watch, you know TV, and play consoles on! But if it's an easy to upgrade PC I'll get it!



I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Would be extremely excited to see Valve enter the hardware race. I'm a fan of them and they know how to sell/move product. I would be seriously interested if they did this.



Shakarak on Nintendo Switch, Steam.

DanneSandin said:
If it's a PC-console I ain't getting it; I need my TV to watch, you know TV, and play consoles on! But if it's an easy to upgrade PC I'll get it!

Most graphics cards have HDMI ports, and most TVs nowadays have vga ports. So you should be good with a PC and a TV.