Quantcast
Spanish mayor fights austerity by stealing from grocery stores

Forums - Politics Discussion - Spanish mayor fights austerity by stealing from grocery stores

kowenicki said:
Spanish local politics..... Just about the most corrupt there is.

 

This mayor is stealing openly - no hypocrisy there - nothing to do with corruption.



Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:
So, when the grocery stores raise the price on all food to make up for the food that was stolen won't the number of people he "needs" to steal food for increase?

What happens when food prices become too high for anyone to afford and the store goes out of business, where do people buy food from then?

And do you know that it's a extended practice for stores to add and extra 1-2 cent to everything they sell to make up for those items that get stolen every day? They won't lose money, they will just see their profits go a little down for that month, that's all.

Your second question is, and I'm sorry to say this, stupid. If a store puts its prices too high, people will simply go to another one that has normal prices. Yes, one store will have to close due to its lack of vision, but the other ones that kept prices within reasonable margins will see how their sells and profits increase.



Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Kynes said:
DieAppleDie said:
The mayor of Marinaleda is the only honest politician in Spain, he fights for the rights of the low class
Marinaleda is like a little paradise in a rotten apple


This shows you know nothing of this guy. He is the major of a commie theme park, paid with tons of subsidies. He talks of cleanness and says that other politicians are corrupt, when he was getting paid two salaries as a history teacher, and as the major (when it was discovered, he just said he didn't knew he was still being paid as a teacher)

In Andalusia we have one of the highest taxations in all Spain, with a 55% marginal income tax, soon to be 21% sales tax, ridiculous burdens to create a company... Only to subsidize this type of guys. He said that his labor union (SAT, Andalusian syndicate of workers) didn't receive any subsidy, but he lied about it, as one of the groups that belong to it, SOC, receives lots of subsidies.

He wants to create a communist society in Andalusia, and still people praise him. I can tell you something, we don't want to be a new Cuba or a new Venezuela, we want to prosper, and Sanchez Gordillo wants to create a society with all equally poor and controlled by him and his friends. It's funny to see people praise this commie leaders, but it's easy to do so from a distance. Go to Venezuela, live there some time, and then praise that type of society.


I figured this was the case but didn't say anything because I wasn't familiar with the guy.  Usually when things go bad, many of the very first people to jump ship happen to also be the ones with the most to hide.



JEMC said:
HappySqurriel said:
So, when the grocery stores raise the price on all food to make up for the food that was stolen won't the number of people he "needs" to steal food for increase?

What happens when food prices become too high for anyone to afford and the store goes out of business, where do people buy food from then?

And do you know that it's a extended practice for stores to add and extra 1-2 cent to everything they sell to make up for those items that get stolen every day? They won't lose money, they will just see their profits go a little down for that month, that's all.

Your second question is, and I'm sorry to say this, stupid. If a store puts its prices too high, people will simply go to another one that has normal prices. Yes, one store will have to close due to its lack of vision, but the other ones that kept prices within reasonable margins will see how their sells and profits increase.

sure because many stores are so rich they can live with less money. most stores are on the edge to beeing broke, they already sell to the lowest possible prices because of the competition. you sound like you are one of them stealing from other people searching for excuses to feel better (i'm not saying you do that, just that it sounds like that). i bet you would love if people would steal your goods if you would own such a shop even if you would have done nothing bad to those people. hey you can raise your prices few cents or just have to live with a lower margin, who cares! you could go broke? who cares? other shops will sell stuff then!

i seriously wonder what you think what reasonable margins are. don't you realize that many shops closed the last years because there was no margin? do you believe those who are still alive have super high margins or what? if there would be so great margins, why don't more people open those shops and sell stuff and employ people? you would get 1 million new jobs then! woah i can't believe reading something like that from someone who justifies people stealing other people even if they will suffer a lot then.



Player2 said:
mrstickball said:
Congrats.

What happens to the poor farmers that raised the crops? How will they get paid to continue to farm since the crops were stolen at the stores? How will the stores recoup the stolen cash?

That kind of mentality is exactly why they have a near-25% unemployment rate. For being the smartest continent, they sure do have a lot of economically impaired leaders.

The poor farmers that raise the crops already get paid, and very badly by the exploiter distributor.

I'm pretty sure that the stores had an insurance policy.

Please don't compare the european politicians with the spanish ones, our politicians are 100% more impaired and 200% more corrupt than the europeans.

Actually, I do believe it's common practive that Farmers don't usually get paid until the end of a season. 

It's one of the big advantages of a small farmer running a CSA.

Throw in some sales based clauses and...

 

Also not sure that insurance would cover "The leader of your town taking your shit via organizing a flash mob."  Considering I don't think insurance covers losses due to government.



Around the Network
JEMC said:
HappySqurriel said:
So, when the grocery stores raise the price on all food to make up for the food that was stolen won't the number of people he "needs" to steal food for increase?

What happens when food prices become too high for anyone to afford and the store goes out of business, where do people buy food from then?

And do you know that it's a extended practice for stores to add and extra 1-2 cent to everything they sell to make up for those items that get stolen every day? They won't lose money, they will just see their profits go a little down for that month, that's all.

Your second question is, and I'm sorry to say this, stupid. If a store puts its prices too high, people will simply go to another one that has normal prices. Yes, one store will have to close due to its lack of vision, but the other ones that kept prices within reasonable margins will see how their sells and profits increase.


I think you missed the point ...

Government steals food to feed 10% of the population, prices go up to 111% of the original price to compensate
Government steals food to feed 20% of the population, prices go up to 125% of the original price to compensate
Government steals food to feed 30% of the population, prices go up to 142% of the original price to compensate
Government steals food to feed 40% of the population, prices go up to 166% of the original price to compensate
Government steals food to feed 50% of the population, prices go up to 200% of the original price to compensate
Government steals food to feed 60% of the population, prices go up to 250% of the original price to compensate
Government steals food to feed 70% of the population, prices go up to 333% of the original price to compensate
Government steals food to feed 80% of the population, prices go up to 500% of the original price to compensate
Government steals food to feed 90% of the population, prices go up to 1,000% of the original price to compensate

As the price escalates more people will be unable to afford food so the government will steal more food, resulting in higher prices and more people being unable to buy food. If people go to another store because this one is being "unreasonable" and wants to get paid for the work they do, this one goes out of business and the government just starts stealing from the other store, and prices begin to rise in that store.



crissindahouse said:
JEMC said:
HappySqurriel said:
So, when the grocery stores raise the price on all food to make up for the food that was stolen won't the number of people he "needs" to steal food for increase?

What happens when food prices become too high for anyone to afford and the store goes out of business, where do people buy food from then?

And do you know that it's a extended practice for stores to add and extra 1-2 cent to everything they sell to make up for those items that get stolen every day? They won't lose money, they will just see their profits go a little down for that month, that's all.

Your second question is, and I'm sorry to say this, stupid. If a store puts its prices too high, people will simply go to another one that has normal prices. Yes, one store will have to close due to its lack of vision, but the other ones that kept prices within reasonable margins will see how their sells and profits increase.

sure because many stores are so rich they can live with less money. most stores are on the edge to beeing broke, they already sell to the lowest possible prices because of the competition. you sound like you are one of them stealing from other people searching for excuses to feel better (i'm not saying you do that, just that it sounds like that). i bet you would love if people would steal your goods if you would own such a shop even if you would have done nothing bad to those people.

i seriously wonder hwat you think what reasonable margins are. don't you realize that many shops closed the last years because there was no margin? do you believe those who are still alive have super high margins or what? woah i could rage reading something like that who justifies people stealing other people even if they will suffer a lot then.

First: No, I don't steal from stores. I always pay what I buy. You assumption that I steal from stores because I know what do they do reveals more about yourself than about me. I simply know it because I worked in a store.

Second: We are not talking about a regular, "corner shop" style of store here. It's one of the biggest chain store in Spain with more than 1.000 stores and 400 million € of net profit in 2011. They aren't going broke for this.

Third: We're not talking about stealing everything that was on that store, they stole 5-6 shopping carts. For reference, they did the same thing on the same day on another store from Carrefour wheere they tried to steal 12 carts, the police arrived but the managers of the store, to avoid more problems for everyone, decided to let them go with "only" 6 carts.

Oh, and by the way, the estimated loss from what was stolen is less than what they will lose now that they have been forced to remove and destroy 11 cosmetic products from their own brand that contained 2 chemical product that's been known that when mixed, from a third and toxic one. Poor them.

 And, just for you to know it, I'm on the side of those that think that the ones who did it must face the law and pay for what they did. But let's not make a mountain from this, nor call every politician here corrupt or a thief.

@HappySqurriel: Dude, governmet stole nothing. It was an union from which one of them, who didn't take a part in the stealing, is the mayor of a town. You are going way too far.



Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
 

First: No, I don't steal from stores. I always pay what I buy. You assumption that I steal from stores because I know what do they do reveals more about yourself than about me. I simply know it because I worked in a store.

Second: We are not talking about a regular, "corner shop" style of store here. It's one of the biggest chain store in Spain with more than 1.000 stores and 400 million € of net profit in 2011. They aren't going broke for this.

Third: We're not talking about stealing everything that was on that store, they stole 5-6 shopping carts. For reference, they did the same thing on the same day on another store from Carrefour wheere they tried to steal 12 carts, the police arrived but the managers of the store, to avoid more problems for everyone, decided to let them go with "only" 6 carts.

Oh, and by the way, the estimated loss from what was stolen is less than what they will lose now that they have been forced to remove and destroy 11 cosmetic products from their own brand that contained 2 chemical product that's been known that when mixed, from a third and toxic one. Poor them.

 And, just for you to know it, I'm on the side of those that think that the ones who did it must face the law and pay for what they did. But let's not make a mountain from this, nor call every politician here corrupt or a thief.

@HappySqurriel: Dude, governmet stole nothing. It was an union from which one of them, who didn't take a part in the stealing, is the mayor of a town. You are going way too far.

i didn't say you steal...

and it's not about "oh there was someone who stole one time", it's about people seeing that and doing the same. that's the problem, if you show people it's ok they will also do it and not only to a billion euro chain, to many small shops which owners have maybe 1000€ per month to live, that's the problem, not if someone will steal one time for 50€ from carrefour..

so yeah, the problem is that this will be a sign for many to do the same.

and i also didn't call any politician corrupt or a thief if that was meant to me.



Again: You're missunderstanding everything;

1. They did not stole from a small grocery but from 2 supermarkets, Mercadona and Carrefour, so no small peasant was affected.

2. This is not a sustained campaing, but a single action with the objective to raise concern about the problem of many families that don't have anything because the consecuences of speculation, corruption, crises and bad political and economical management.

So... STOP saying things like "prices will increase" or "farmers poverty will deepen", it is not true! After this action many people is concerned that big sectors of the population of Spain can't satisfy their basic needs and supports the motto People and rights over profits! This will force goverments to take measures in they wan't to prevent new assaults of impoverished people in the future.

And, by the way: this is not the only "ilegal" action by civil society going on in Spain nowadays: many people who lost his job and house because the crisis is now occupying empty (but new) houses owned by banks and public authorities that are kept empty for speculative pourposes.

So, these are ilegal actions, but when basic rights like having a house or food are in danger, these actions turn completely legit.



 

crissindahouse said:

i didn't say you steal...

crissindahouse said:

sure because many stores are so rich they can live with less money. most stores are on the edge to beeing broke, they already sell to the lowest possible prices because of the competition. you sound like you are one of them stealing from other people searching for excuses to feel better (i'm not saying you do that, just that it sounds like that). i bet you would love if people would steal your goods if you would own such a shop even if you would have done nothing bad to those people.

I simply made it clear that I don't steal. Just to make you know it.

crissindahouse said:

and it's not about "oh there was someone who stole one time", it's about people seeing that and doing the same. that's the problem, if you show people it's ok they will also do it and not only to a billion euro chain, to many small shops which owners have maybe 1000€ per month to live, that's the problem, not if someone will steal one time for 50€ from carrefour..

so yeah, the problem is that this will be a sign for many to do the same.

And I agree with you, that's why I said that the ones who took part on that steraking should face the law and go to jail if they have to.

 

crissindahouse said:

and i also didn't call any politician corrupt or a thief if that was meant to me.

 

That last part wasn't meant for you, but more in response to the opinions that some people shared with us, because apparently corruption and bad politicians can only be found in the South of Europe, where all of them are that way. Ignorants.



Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.