Quantcast
Sony: Wii U is "its own generation"

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony: Wii U is "its own generation"

WiiU shouldve come out in

2006 116 35.69%
 
2012 149 45.85%
 
show me the goddamn results 60 18.46%
 
Total:325
BasilZero said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
BasilZero said:

33%, not 25 o.o. You are confusing me ;(


1/3 out of Wii owners = 32 million

Xbox 360 owners + PS3 owners = 132 million

32/132 = 0,242424.....

25% is correct


I said 1/3 of the Wii units are owned by Xbox360 and PS3 fans....

1 / 3 = 0.33

33%...

But he said 25% of 360/PS3 owners, which is correct.

Also, I fixed your math. 96/3  =/=  0.33. I believe you meant 1/3.



Food for thought: Shove an apple in your brain

Around the Network
DepthAlly said:
BasilZero said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
BasilZero said:

33%, not 25 o.o. You are confusing me ;(


1/3 out of Wii owners = 32 million

Xbox 360 owners + PS3 owners = 132 million

32/132 = 0,242424.....

25% is correct


I said 1/3 of the Wii units are owned by Xbox360 and PS3 fans....

1 / 3 = 0.33

33%...

But he said 25% of 360/PS3 owners, which is correct.

Also, I fixed your math. 96/3  =/=  0.33. I believe you meant 1/3.


Yes. This is what I meant.



    

Basil's YouTube Channel


                    

33% of wii owners = 25% of ps360 owners



Turkish said:
PSwii60 said:
 

LOL, he still lacks the finesse in stealth trolling but by actually showing a quote, of all by Sony, shows some improvement. His poll also lacks creativity but he' getting there; gotta give him that

Please learn me how to make creative polls pleasssee :/

First and foremost have more than two options; have at least five.
Second, in poll trolling you have to have all options similarly themed, in this case, Nintendo bashing. No other options otherwise.
Third, have sarcasm
Four, a little humor
On that note, you always have to have 'Nintend0omed!'

Here are just an example (I'm sure somebody has better, but this is my style):

-Echo Boomers
-Millenial Generations (In US, these are the generation that pre-dates the Internet era for the most part; also essentially the same as Echo Boomers)
-Bieber Nation (Kids generation, and by referencing Bieber you can't go wrong in the trolling philosophy)
-Welcome to the Internetz, Nintendo! (Sarcasm)
-Nintend0omed! (The ultimate Nintendo trolling, the meme)

I used the first three choices because they are terms that not many people are aware about therefore it will require some Google'ing which some may not even get the reference, but this is the generation that introduced NES and SNES (on the subject of Nintendo).

And also, by quoting Sony, it shows that your poll is meant to be a joke as the OP would suggest Sony did in fact complimented Nintendo without ever actually comprimising their pride in falling third/last place this generation; hence my comment above "Apples vs Oranges". It's an argument of taste, which is obviously subjective.



A gamer of SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GB Pocket, GBA, GBA-SP, DS, 3DS, PS, PS2, PS3, PSP, PS Vita, Xbox 360, Dreamcast, Casually a PC or Steam gamer & Smartphone

“Excuses are tools of the incompetent used to build monuments to nothing; for those who specialize in them shall never be good at anything else.” - A quote I read somewhere online.

Jay520 said:
BasilZero said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
BasilZero said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
BasilZero said:
I thought the Wii was in its own generation too xD!

People who bought 100 million wiis (close to 100 mil), I would say 1/3 of them are xbox-ps3 owners! xD.


So...

25% of Xbox/PS owners have a Wii?  O.O

33%, not 25 o.o. You are confusing me ;(


1/3 out of Wii owners = 32 million

Xbox 360 owners + PS3 owners = 132 million

32/132 = 0,242424.....

25% is correct


I said 1/3 of the Wii units are owned by Xbox360 and PS3 fans....

96 / 3 = 0.33

33%...



LOL.

33% of Wii owners also own an HD console, that means there are 32 million Wii / HD owners. If there are 32 million Wii / HD, then that means 25% of HD owners own a Wii. Because 32 million is 25% of 132 million (total HD install base).


1. The 33% of Wii owners are HD console owners was just a joke post or a guess post you can say.
2. I was mainly talking about the Wii and not the comparison between the % of ownership of the Wii and the HD consoles.
3. Thanks for clarifying btw! Math isnt my best subject ;p



    

Basil's YouTube Channel


                    

Around the Network
PSwii60 said:

First and foremost have more than two options; have at least five.
Second, in poll trolling you have to have all options similarly themed, in this case, Nintendo bashing. No other options otherwise.
Third, have sarcasm
Four, a little humor
On that note, you always have to have 'Nintend0omed!'

Here are just an example (I'm sure somebody has better, but this is my style):

-Echo Boomers
-Millenial Generations (In US, these are the generation that pre-dates the Internet era for the most part; also essentially the same as Echo Boomers)
-Bieber Nation (Kids generation, and by referencing Bieber you can't go wrong in the trolling philosophy)
-Welcome to the Internetz, Nintendo! (Sarcasm)
-Nintend0omed! (The ultimate Nintendo trolling, the meme)

I used the first three choices because they are terms that not many people are aware about therefore it will require some Google'ing which some may not even get the reference, but this is the generation that introduced NES and SNES (on the subject of Nintendo).

And also, by quoting Sony, it shows that your poll is meant to be a joke as the OP would suggest Sony did in fact complimented Nintendo without ever actually comprimising their pride in falling third/last place this generation; hence my comment above "Apples vs Oranges". It's an argument of taste, which is obviously subjective.

Bad PsWii60! You are turning him to even more of a monster! The horror! 



Carl is a Piplup hater and deserves to be punished eternally.

NintendoPie said:

Bad PsWii60! You are turning him to even more of a monster! The horror!

LOL, That's actually pretty light trolling, not completely bannable; borderline bannable at best. Besides, there are much better trolls out there that turns it into art



A gamer of SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GB Pocket, GBA, GBA-SP, DS, 3DS, PS, PS2, PS3, PSP, PS Vita, Xbox 360, Dreamcast, Casually a PC or Steam gamer & Smartphone

“Excuses are tools of the incompetent used to build monuments to nothing; for those who specialize in them shall never be good at anything else.” - A quote I read somewhere online.

Generation is dependent on when it arrived. Nintendo is launching first, so they're the first of the next generation - Wii launched after Xbox 360, and at the same time as PS3, they're the same generation. Unless PS4 launches around the time of the Wii U successor and Xbox 4, it will be the same generation as the 720 and Wii U. Generation has nothing to do with power at all - it's timing, and typically revolves around the leading company - which as of this generation and 250 million hardware units sold between Wii and DS, is Nintendo.

No one in their right mind would argue that the Atari Jaguar and N64 were a generation ahead of PSX because they were 64-bit while the PSX was only 32-bit.


To run another perspective:

Despite Arnold Schwarzenegger being much more powerful than David Bowie, they're still of the same generation.

Despite Katherine Schwarzenegger and Patrick Shriver being much less powerful than Arnold Schwarzenegger, they are still his children, and therefore the next generation.



I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

PSwii60 said:
Turkish said:
PSwii60 said:
 

LOL, he still lacks the finesse in stealth trolling but by actually showing a quote, of all by Sony, shows some improvement. His poll also lacks creativity but he' getting there; gotta give him that

Please learn me how to make creative polls pleasssee :/

First and foremost have more than two options; have at least five.
Second, in poll trolling you have to have all options similarly themed, in this case, Nintendo bashing. No other options otherwise.
Third, have sarcasm
Four, a little humor
On that note, you always have to have 'Nintend0omed!'

Here are just an example (I'm sure somebody has better, but this is my style):

-Echo Boomers
-Millenial Generations (In US, these are the generation that pre-dates the Internet era for the most part; also essentially the same as Echo Boomers)
-Bieber Nation (Kids generation, and by referencing Bieber you can't go wrong in the trolling philosophy)
-Welcome to the Internetz, Nintendo! (Sarcasm)
-Nintend0omed! (The ultimate Nintendo trolling, the meme)

I used the first three choices because they are terms that not many people are aware about therefore it will require some Google'ing which some may not even get the reference, but this is the generation that introduced NES and SNES (on the subject of Nintendo).

And also, by quoting Sony, it shows that your poll is meant to be a joke as the OP would suggest Sony did in fact complimented Nintendo without ever actually comprimising their pride in falling third/last place this generation; hence my comment above "Apples vs Oranges". It's an argument of taste, which is obviously subjective.


Thanks! You really put thought in that comment! Next time I make a thread I'll try to provide as many lulz as I can! You be there and rate my thread :D



Jumpin said:
Generation is dependent on when it arrived.

I.E. Despite Arnold Schwarzenegger being much more powerful than David Bowie, they're still of the same generation.

Despite Katherine Schwarzenegger and Patrick Shriver being much less powerful than Arnold Schwarzenegger, they are still his children, and therefore the next generation.


You just compared genetic/bio generation to a generation of technology....it doesnt work like that.



    

Basil's YouTube Channel