Makes some of the posts in the earlier thread with just the stills look a bit silly. Fair play to gilgamesh for posting this when it was he that originally started the thread that said it wasnt impressive... Ethomaz will need to eat his words too.
That is a looooong way ahead of anything this gen.
"In a scant three months of production, a team of 14 engineers has fashioned a video demo to show off the new engine, and it acts essentially as a full-featured, if small, top-of-the-line game—the first title of the next generation. “I had sleepless nights over this damn thing in the beginning, but I think we got the disasters out of the way,” says art director Chris Perna, the man responsible for the look and feel of the demo. Lead artist Wyeth Johnson adds, “In the time I have been here, we have never not pulled it off.” Johnson, a six-year veteran of Epic, is referring not only to the company’s ability to deliver on tight deadlines but also its track record of wowing the skeptics."
I'm assuming that involves everything from planning to pre-production to full production to testing and completion.
3 months and 14 engineers. That's nice I can't wait to see what 100 artists and engineers will do with 2-3 years. I like the interface customization and it's more user friendly than UE3. I really can't wait to see what will be done with it.
I don't think it looks that visually impressive. If that's the new standard I'm in no hurry to jump on the next gen consoles.
What is impressive is the huge advances they've made to the development kit, which will hopefully result in games being produced more quickly with less glitches and bugs.
A thing of beauty, strength, and grace lies behind that whiskered face.
- Daymare 1998 Is Now On Steam Greenlight; Production Continuing On The Game
- Resident Evil 7 Gets A Making Of Video Revealing Some Interesting Information About The Game
- Xbox Head Committed To Bringing Japanese Games To Xbox, JRPGs ?May Be Coming?
- Understanding Mass Effect Andromeda Dialogue Icons, How Conversations Work, Tone and Non-Tone Options, Prompts
- Xbox One Attach Rate Is ?Great?, Says Phil Spencer
- Persona 5 New Gameplay Video Shows 90 Minutes Of Gameplay
- Destiny 2 Leaked Poster is Real, Announcement Coming Today ? Rumour
- Special TNT Command Block 1.11.2 (Russian Roulette)
- Xbox Live Games With Gold In April Include Ryse: Son of Rome, The Walking Dead, Assassin?s Creed, and Darksiders
The Samaritanthing demo looked better imo =p.
depends what you look at. samaritan demo was a lot of action and whatever, they could have shown a fight between this flame guy and a frost guy or so which would maybe look more impressive for you then (i wonder why they didn't, would have been a great idea with that lava and snow level)
you can watch 22 shots up to a resolution of 7680x4800 just to see what we will never see here: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-08-unreal-engine-4-elemental-knight-screenshot-gallery
I can't imagine how the cutscenes will be...
I doubt there will be such thing anymore, why waste money on CGI when graphics are pretty much on par.