Quantcast
Is it game over for Nintendo?

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is it game over for Nintendo?

Atari, Sega have fallen: Nintendo next?

yes 94 16.12%
 
no 441 75.64%
 
life goes on 46 7.89%
 
Total:581

No, not even a chance



Around the Network
Turkish said:
Either way, dedicated handheld gaming shall either make a triumphant comeback or die a painful death, Nintendo either comes up with a masterplan that will shake the industry(or Sony) or lose the handheld territory to a bunch of Cut The Rops.

I shall watch closely as the events unfold, the next years will be interesting.


Well, Cut the Rope is on the 3DS-eShop, so Nintendo is saved. *Phew*



Greatest game event 2019: SIGN UP NOW!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019

Predictions: Switch / Switch vs. XB1 in the US / Three Houses first quarter

If you asked me which would fall first of the big three, I would say Nintendo or Sony.



 Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

mysticwolf said:
If you asked me which would fall first of the big three, I would say Nintendo or Sony.

I dont understand the logic behind some of the people's posts here,they think nintendo is doomed cause it posted it first loss? How many times has that happened to Sony and Microsoft? Yet they both are still around and kicking i mean if theres a game over for any of these company's id have to pick Sony just cause they are losing quite a bit of money overrall but still i feel like they will pass through their storm.Nintendo has too many great series they could pop out at a moments notice and sell millions of. Are we gonna have the same topics when the ps4/xbox 720 come out if they dont sell 10 million day 1?



painmaster212 said:
mysticwolf said:
If you asked me which would fall first of the big three, I would say Nintendo or Sony.

I dont understand the logic behind some of the people's posts here,they think nintendo is doomed cause it posted it first loss? How many times has that happened to Sony and Microsoft? Yet they both are still around and kicking i mean if theres a game over for any of these company's id have to pick Sony just cause they are losing quite a bit of money overrall but still i feel like they will pass through their storm.Nintendo has too many great series they could pop out at a moments notice and sell millions of. Are we gonna have the same topics when the ps4/xbox 720 come out if they dont sell 10 million day 1?

i didn't say that was my reasoning. Didn't say Nintendo was gonna go down. 

I think Playstation would fall before Nintendo stopped making consoles.



 Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network

As long as Nintendo makes a profit with every console they release they won't fall.



Sega never fell they still have Tails to keep them afloat and Dr Eggman will reproduce a new way of gaming that will bring everyone to their knees. True story I just made it up.



Prediction: GTA V will be my favourite game of all time.

Even though I would like to see nintendo go down, it is very unlikely to happen. Maybe the stock drops enough for a bigger company *cough ms cough* to pony up some $$$ and get a majority share, but nintendo would not still go away. Their games would just be on another console.



runqvist said:
Even though I would like to see nintendo go down, it is very unlikely to happen. Maybe the stock drops enough for a bigger company *cough ms cough* to pony up some $$$ and get a majority share, but nintendo would not still go away. Their games would just be on another console.


Why would you 'like Nintendo to go down'?



Sol said:
runqvist said:
Even though I would like to see nintendo go down, it is very unlikely to happen. Maybe the stock drops enough for a bigger company *cough ms cough* to pony up some $$$ and get a majority share, but nintendo would not still go away. Their games would just be on another console.


Why would you 'like Nintendo to go down'?

For my personal preferences, is that ok for you?