Quantcast
Want to get screwed by EA? Get BF3 now!

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Want to get screwed by EA? Get BF3 now!

Tagged games:

goddog said:
pezus said:
goddog said:
pezus said:
If you don't want to pay to play online, get a gaming PC. Case closed. They will never be able to charge for online play there (well, except MMO's).



server rental fees featuring BF3+ and likly your next CoD, and more micro transactions coming SOON! DLC that would have been free or with the game at launch, an always on network connection required because we know you dont play alone....

 

rambling rant ... why i have not bought the last to C&C after owning all other versions, some times multiple copies.... soon to be the same with sim city if the rumors are true, i despise not being able to play off line, most of the time im on, but sometimes im away with my laptop and have no access, the choice is what i want even if i dont use it

You know you don't need to pay server rental fees unless you want to host one. 

And always-on network connection can be easily fixed with a crack.

at the rate things are going your going to have to rent a server if you want to play, they will not have enough offical servers to meet demand, and on the crack front, i could but buying the game would reinforce the idea its aceptable and stealing it would justify thier viewpoint, so its a not buy it market for me, ill just wonder off and play my older games and minecraft;)

also another anoyance, why 3-4 logins on some games, i feel they should work it out so if i were to buy it on steam, it intigrates the logins and bypasses the windows login (unless i tell it to not default that way) or ubisoft login or what ever, im starting to see this on xbl games too and thats driving me up a wall one of the main reasons i started console gaming was it was quicker to play and no need to worry about hardware for 5 years or so, now I have to enter in code after code after code I bought a text pad just to make it faster... makes me pissed enough i may not buy a next gen console... but dont hold me to that

You only need to pay the fees to host a server yourself, not to play on them. Many games have allowed people to rent servers in the past if they so wish, I don't see it as a slight.

Well, if you crack the game it doesn't matter if it reinforces their idea. You just crack every game that has it and don't need to worry about anything.



Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:


Microsoft, EA and Activision are going to take the gaming industry into a full pay to play methodology next generation for sure if you don't keep your mind sharp to how this gen is going to end. Everything will have a dollar price and if they can't get it straight out of you they'll find other ways. I really do wish it was the days of fun gaming when the Japanese ruled the industry, but I am sure that is going to take a harsh turn now.

If Sony can manage to stick around they will probably go the pay route as well. Its amazing how some people can't get through their head that offering online services isn't free. The overhead cost are so high that Sony actually has publishers pay bandwidth fees. MS however does not which is part of the reason they get more support and content.

The Cold War is over commie. Quit worrying about companies trying to make money off something as trivial as video games.


Yes because they would find that being fair and respecting that people already pay internet bills should be enough admission to use the internet without publisher and Microsoft barricading you from further entertainment. They tried, but they found that people find paying is the way to go so they just might follow suit. When they do were all fucked. I might just stop gaming because of all the payments ontop of games for a little while. I have too many other things to focus on.

I remember when programs like Napster first appeared and people felt they were entitled to download all the music they want free because they pay for the internet. Your argument is equally ignorant.

Fair is bullshit spewed by socialists/commies. You wanna know whats truly fair? Not being oblige to pay for something you don't want or support.

Nobody cares if you stop gaming and more importantly you shouldn't care how people chose to spend their money. If you don't like the direction the industry is going, you can take your money elsewhere. That says more than pissing and moaning on a forum.


You're a fool if you think I'm equating the piracy of copyrighted music to third parties paying for their own servers. You're definitely American....using socialists and commies as a scare tactic argument to scare someone into believing what you're saying is true. I know better. Some of the happiest, healthiest and nations with the best education in the world are socialist or have some sort of socialist policy. I am not arguing against the price of the console, nor the games, its everything in between thats screwing everyone.

Never questioned why you can game on the Wii and PS3 for free but on the 360 you can't even get to your own Netflix, Hulu or any secondary subscription account that you pay for?  Your blocked off until you pay them. Tell me how thats fair. Xbox Live doesn't have dedicated servers. Activision making players pay for COD Elite optional if they want to get everything in one package. 

Xbox Live (one year): $60 (Ten dollars of that already goes to Activision courtesy of Microsoft)

COD Elite:                     $50 

Battlefield 3 server costs

 

  • 1 day: $1.49
  • 7 days: $6.99
  • 30 days: $24.99
  • 90 days: $64.99
Yeah...add it up depending on what type of gamer you are. Whats next Halo? Yay capitalism! :)


S.T.A.G.E. said:


You're a fool if you think I'm equating the piracy of copyrighted music to third parties paying for their own servers. You're definitely American....using socialists and commies as a scare tactic argument to scare someone into believing what you're saying is true. I know better. Some of the happiest, healthiest and nations with the best education in the world are socialist or have some sort of socialist policy. I am not arguing against the price of the console, nor the games, its everything in between thats screwing everyone.

Never questioned why you can game on the Wii and PS3 for free but on the 360 you can't even get to your own Netflix, Hulu or any secondary subscription account that you pay for?  Your blocked off until you pay them. Tell me how thats fair. Xbox Live doesn't have dedicated servers. Activision making players pay for COD Elite optional if they want to get everything in one package. 

Xbox Live (one year): $60 (Ten dollars of that already goes to Activision courtesy of Microsoft)

COD Elite:                     $50 

Battlefield 3 server costs

 

Yeah...add it up depending on what type of gamer you are. Whats next Halo? Yay capitalism! :)

Oh boy, let me walk you through this. There is a lot of overhead in creating/maintaining an online infrastructure and ofcourse bandwidth fees.

Sony admits they have been in the red for years with PSN. Don't believe me? Read this article. http://www.1up.com/news/hirai-psn-losing-money-turn

If PSN is that expensive to operates then we can presume XBL is actually far more expensive to operate. XBL maintains all servers (excluding EA), while PSN does not. MS covers all bandwidth fees, while Sony puts some of it on the publishers. On top of that PSN offers much less content. Most notably content like demos, trailers, and even images. Most likely to keep bandwidth fees down.

Socialism is not entirely bad. You however are starting to cross a line because you think you're entitled to these online services regardless of overhead. You give a few bucks to an internet provider but I assure you your internet provider is not covering the overhead cost of services like PSN or XBL.

Its fair for MS to charge a fee to access online services because you have other options. XBL is forced on no one. If you buy a 360 its understood you will have to get a Gold subscription to access online services. If you didn't know that before making the purchase, you can return the console. Now explain to me how that's not fair?

If you don't support what MS does you're free to take your money elsewhere, many do. Yay free market!

 

How do you know $10 dollars goes directly to Activision? Frankly I don't care if it does, but was this announced?

You don't have pay for that extra crap to play CoD or BF3. More importantly, you don't have to play CoD or BF3 at all.

Commies just don't understand these things aren't forced on people. People choose to give money to these services because they actually want it.



Recently Completed
Crackdown 3
for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

What have "commies" got to do with any of this though?



S.T.A.G.E. said:
VGKing said:
Euphoria14 said:
Gamers will bitch and moan, bitch and moan, bitch and moan, but at the end of the day they will then go out and buy the next EA title, Call of Duty, etc..., further enabling this stuff to go on.

Stop complaining and just stop buying their games. It is really that simple and is the only way to make things change.


Wait, what's so bad about Call of Duty?
What are we "enabling" by buying this game every year?

Is Activsion screwingn people with "rented servers" or "online passes"? Are they removing content from their games in favor of Call of Duty Elite?
That answer to all of this is NO.

Activision is a SAINT when compared to EA and Ubisoft.

The worst things in this industry such as Day 1 DLC, Online Passes are NOT supported by Call of Duty. So naturally, you should support these games over ones that do, should you?


Microsoft, EA and Activision are going to take the gaming industry into a full pay to play methodology next generation for sure if you don't keep your mind sharp to how this gen is going to end. Everything will have a dollar price and if they can't get it straight out of you they'll find other ways. I really do wish it was the days of fun gaming when the Japanese ruled the industry, but I am sure that is going to take a harsh turn now.

I love how you fail to mention Sony has implemented an online pass for every first prty game and a PS+ sucription. MS does not require an online pass for first party games a policy that was invented by EA



Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
crissindahouse said:
pay for xblive or psn but if you wish to play a game, pay extra loool


You don't pay for PSN. Sony might feel pressured to next gen because of how much Microsoft is profiting though.

how do you wish to know that i don't pay for psn with ps+? seriously...



Ji99saw said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
VGKing said:
Euphoria14 said:
Gamers will bitch and moan, bitch and moan, bitch and moan, but at the end of the day they will then go out and buy the next EA title, Call of Duty, etc..., further enabling this stuff to go on.

Stop complaining and just stop buying their games. It is really that simple and is the only way to make things change.


Wait, what's so bad about Call of Duty?
What are we "enabling" by buying this game every year?

Is Activsion screwingn people with "rented servers" or "online passes"? Are they removing content from their games in favor of Call of Duty Elite?
That answer to all of this is NO.

Activision is a SAINT when compared to EA and Ubisoft.

The worst things in this industry such as Day 1 DLC, Online Passes are NOT supported by Call of Duty. So naturally, you should support these games over ones that do, should you?


Microsoft, EA and Activision are going to take the gaming industry into a full pay to play methodology next generation for sure if you don't keep your mind sharp to how this gen is going to end. Everything will have a dollar price and if they can't get it straight out of you they'll find other ways. I really do wish it was the days of fun gaming when the Japanese ruled the industry, but I am sure that is going to take a harsh turn now.

I love how you fail to mention Sony has implemented an online pass for every first prty game and a PS+ sucription. MS does not require an online pass for first party games a policy that was invented by EA

You only need to buy online passes if you buy it used. If you do buy it used, I do not feel sorry for you.



Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:


You're a fool if you think I'm equating the piracy of copyrighted music to third parties paying for their own servers. You're definitely American....using socialists and commies as a scare tactic argument to scare someone into believing what you're saying is true. I know better. Some of the happiest, healthiest and nations with the best education in the world are socialist or have some sort of socialist policy. I am not arguing against the price of the console, nor the games, its everything in between thats screwing everyone.

Never questioned why you can game on the Wii and PS3 for free but on the 360 you can't even get to your own Netflix, Hulu or any secondary subscription account that you pay for?  Your blocked off until you pay them. Tell me how thats fair. Xbox Live doesn't have dedicated servers. Activision making players pay for COD Elite optional if they want to get everything in one package. 

Xbox Live (one year): $60 (Ten dollars of that already goes to Activision courtesy of Microsoft)

COD Elite:                     $50 

Battlefield 3 server costs

 

Yeah...add it up depending on what type of gamer you are. Whats next Halo? Yay capitalism! :)

Oh boy, let me walk you through this. There is a lot of overhead in creating/maintaining an online infrastructure and ofcourse bandwidth fees.

Sony admits they have been in the red for years with PSN. Don't believe me? Read this article. http://www.1up.com/news/hirai-psn-losing-money-turn

If PSN is that expensive to operates then we can presume XBL is actually far more expensive to operate. XBL maintains all servers (excluding EA), while PSN does not. MS covers all bandwidth fees, while Sony puts some of it on the publishers. On top of that PSN offers much less content. Most notably content like demos, trailers, and even images. Most likely to keep bandwidth fees down.

Socialism is not entirely bad. You however are starting to cross a line because you think you're entitled to these online services regardless of overhead. You give a few bucks to an internet provider but I assure you your internet provider is not covering the overhead cost of services like PSN or XBL.

Its fair for MS to charge a fee to access online services because you have other options. XBL is forced on no one. If you buy a 360 its understood you will have to get a Gold subscription to access online services. If you didn't know that before making the purchase, you can return the console. Now explain to me how that's not fair?

If you don't support what MS does you're free to take your money elsewhere, many do. Yay free market!

 

How do you know $10 dollars goes directly to Activision? Frankly I don't care if it does, but was this announced?

You don't have pay for that extra crap to play CoD or BF3. More importantly, you don't have to play CoD or BF3 at all.

Commies just don't understand these things aren't forced on people. People choose to give money to these services because they actually want it.

LOL..@ Commies. Theres no commie here (a utopian way of life that in reality doesn't work). Don't get mad at me because I know how the American economy works. I'll give you one thing, you're correct that all of those things are optional, but what if someone who is a shooting fan wants all those games on an Xbox?  Free market? Microsoft and competition don't mix if you know their history, just saying. They like being a monopoly and thank god for Apple that the "free market" continues. 

 

Anyway as for the Xbox Live fee hike:

Bobby Kotick complaing that he doesn't get a cut of the Xbox Live subscriptions after Microsoft boasted about the majority of Xbox Live players being COD players.

http://gamer.blorge.com/2010/07/08/activision-wants-cut-from-xbox-live-subscription/

 

"So, with $60 a year out the door for many Call of Duty players – that would be those playing on Xbox 360, as opposed to PC or PlayStation 3 – it's already a significant $5 a month expense and Activision has only snagged a "modest amount" of that $5. So, subscription service, right? "We have an obligation to provide a return for our shareholders,"

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/12/bobby-kotick-on-the-business-of-call-of-duty-dlc-treyarch-inf/

A good enough portion of the money you pay yearly goes to Activision even if you don't play their games.



Ji99saw said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
VGKing said:
Euphoria14 said:
Gamers will bitch and moan, bitch and moan, bitch and moan, but at the end of the day they will then go out and buy the next EA title, Call of Duty, etc..., further enabling this stuff to go on.

Stop complaining and just stop buying their games. It is really that simple and is the only way to make things change.


Wait, what's so bad about Call of Duty?
What are we "enabling" by buying this game every year?

Is Activsion screwingn people with "rented servers" or "online passes"? Are they removing content from their games in favor of Call of Duty Elite?
That answer to all of this is NO.

Activision is a SAINT when compared to EA and Ubisoft.

The worst things in this industry such as Day 1 DLC, Online Passes are NOT supported by Call of Duty. So naturally, you should support these games over ones that do, should you?


Microsoft, EA and Activision are going to take the gaming industry into a full pay to play methodology next generation for sure if you don't keep your mind sharp to how this gen is going to end. Everything will have a dollar price and if they can't get it straight out of you they'll find other ways. I really do wish it was the days of fun gaming when the Japanese ruled the industry, but I am sure that is going to take a harsh turn now.

I love how you fail to mention Sony has implemented an online pass for every first prty game and a PS+ sucription. MS does not require an online pass for first party games a policy that was invented by EA

Ok...you pay ten dollars if you buy the game used. I don't mind that because I buy most of my games new. I was talking about BF3 server charge...but ok. Not my point, but you made a point nonetheless.



pezus said:
What have "commies" got to do with any of this though?


It war-time American media lingo. Disregard the loose statement of some of my countrymen. Some of them know not what they do.