Quantcast
Media Create Sales. Week 15: April 9 - April 15

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales. Week 15: April 9 - April 15

spurgeonryan said:
KillerMan said:

Kingdom Hearts completely bombed. Wow. Overall boring week though as there was no new releases.


It will probably end up being second among Japanese Handheld sales of this franchise. As we have seen with operation rainfall, real sales come to games after they leave Japan. Just wait! My first sentence, if you could call it that, was a mouthful!


BBS sold close to million with final tuning in Japan so those really are bomba level sales fo franchise. I actually doub that this will outsell 358/days either so it will be the least sold handheld entry (if you don't count coded that was cell phone port...). We will see how this does in west.



Around the Network

How's the Vita doing better than the Wii when the Wii actually has a few pieces of software selling?



Love and tolerate.

KillerMan said:
spurgeonryan said:
KillerMan said:

Kingdom Hearts completely bombed. Wow. Overall boring week though as there was no new releases.


It will probably end up being second among Japanese Handheld sales of this franchise. As we have seen with operation rainfall, real sales come to games after they leave Japan. Just wait! My first sentence, if you could call it that, was a mouthful!


BBS sold close to million with final tuning in Japan so those really are bomba level sales fo franchise. I actually doub that this will outsell 358/days either so it will be the least sold handheld entry (if you don't count coded that was cell phone port...). We will see how this does in west.


Yup, it's kinda disappointing... but don't forget BBS had 15 million PSPs to sell to and had a final mix release - a thing that sooner or later will hit 3DS too.



KH is doing really poorly considering it's not a spinoff title and is bundled. At least it's definitely getting localized.



VicViper said:
From Neogaf, Vita release schedule:

04/19 Lumines: Electronic Symphony
04/26 Ciel Nosurge: Ushinawareta Hoshi e Sasagu Uta
NextRev: Eibunpou Tettei Tokkun
05/24 NextRev: Gyouseishoshi Shiken
Samurai & Dragons (Deluxe Package)
06/07 Hello Kitty to Issho: Block Crash V
Kidou Senshi Gundam Seed Battle Destiny
06/14 Persona 4: The Golden
Super Monkey Ball: Tokumori AsoVita!
06/28 Metal Gear Solid HD Edition
NextRev: IT Passport Shiken
NextRev: Kihonjouhou Gijutsusha Shiken
NextRev: Ouyou Jouhougijutsusha Shiken

Nothing to hold your breath for - but I think that Soul Sacrifice game will be released soon, so it might enter this list, giving it more impact. Because none of this can push Vita past 20k, I think.

Persona 4 will



Around the Network
pezus said:
VicViper said:
From Neogaf, Vita release schedule:

04/19 Lumines: Electronic Symphony
04/26 Ciel Nosurge: Ushinawareta Hoshi e Sasagu Uta
NextRev: Eibunpou Tettei Tokkun
05/24 NextRev: Gyouseishoshi Shiken
Samurai & Dragons (Deluxe Package)
06/07 Hello Kitty to Issho: Block Crash V
Kidou Senshi Gundam Seed Battle Destiny
06/14 Persona 4: The Golden
Super Monkey Ball: Tokumori AsoVita!
06/28 Metal Gear Solid HD Edition
NextRev: IT Passport Shiken
NextRev: Kihonjouhou Gijutsusha Shiken
NextRev: Ouyou Jouhougijutsusha Shiken

Nothing to hold your breath for - but I think that Soul Sacrifice game will be released soon, so it might enter this list, giving it more impact. Because none of this can push Vita past 20k, I think.

Persona 4 will

Yeah, I actually believe that too. But while it has a very nice shot at doing that, I don't think it's guaranteed. I mean, Tales of Innocence bump was 4k.

But gumdam will help also, so okay, I'll change my prediction to 30k.



VicViper said:
pezus said:
VicViper said:
From Neogaf, Vita release schedule:

04/19 Lumines: Electronic Symphony
04/26 Ciel Nosurge: Ushinawareta Hoshi e Sasagu Uta
NextRev: Eibunpou Tettei Tokkun
05/24 NextRev: Gyouseishoshi Shiken
Samurai & Dragons (Deluxe Package)
06/07 Hello Kitty to Issho: Block Crash V
Kidou Senshi Gundam Seed Battle Destiny
06/14 Persona 4: The Golden
Super Monkey Ball: Tokumori AsoVita!
06/28 Metal Gear Solid HD Edition
NextRev: IT Passport Shiken
NextRev: Kihonjouhou Gijutsusha Shiken
NextRev: Ouyou Jouhougijutsusha Shiken

Nothing to hold your breath for - but I think that Soul Sacrifice game will be released soon, so it might enter this list, giving it more impact. Because none of this can push Vita past 20k, I think.

Persona 4 will

Yeah, I actually believe that too. But while it has a very nice shot at doing that, I don't think it's guaranteed. I mean, Tales of Innocence bump was 4k.

But gumdam will help also, so okay, I'll change my prediction to 30k.

What did Tales sell again? Wasn't it less than 100k? Persona 4 has a good shot at 100k+, looking at COMG.



pezus said:
VicViper said:
pezus said:
VicViper said:
From Neogaf, Vita release schedule:

04/19 Lumines: Electronic Symphony
04/26 Ciel Nosurge: Ushinawareta Hoshi e Sasagu Uta
NextRev: Eibunpou Tettei Tokkun
05/24 NextRev: Gyouseishoshi Shiken
Samurai & Dragons (Deluxe Package)
06/07 Hello Kitty to Issho: Block Crash V
Kidou Senshi Gundam Seed Battle Destiny
06/14 Persona 4: The Golden
Super Monkey Ball: Tokumori AsoVita!
06/28 Metal Gear Solid HD Edition
NextRev: IT Passport Shiken
NextRev: Kihonjouhou Gijutsusha Shiken
NextRev: Ouyou Jouhougijutsusha Shiken

Nothing to hold your breath for - but I think that Soul Sacrifice game will be released soon, so it might enter this list, giving it more impact. Because none of this can push Vita past 20k, I think.

Persona 4 will

Yeah, I actually believe that too. But while it has a very nice shot at doing that, I don't think it's guaranteed. I mean, Tales of Innocence bump was 4k.

But gumdam will help also, so okay, I'll change my prediction to 30k.

What did Tales sell again? Wasn't it less than 100k? Persona 4 has a good shot at 100k+, looking at COMG.

Yes, it'll sell more, but the bump also has to be 3 times as much as Tales for vita to cross 20k (by today's numbers Persona bump would have to be 12k instead of 4k). But it'll follow Gundam week, so that'll help. But who knows, maybe it'll reach 30k or close to that. But that's the farthest I'll go... no chance in hell of a 40k week :)



VicViper said:


That cartridge art is really ace! But anyway, any local observations about Code of Princess?

Sorry was playing a bit of Fire Emblem for about an hour. Anyway, I don't think I noticed CoP at that store actually. It might have been there, but I was really focused on Fire Emblem. it was midnight so the store was exactly packed. I'll check out another later as I'm still thinking about whether to pick up Code of Princess as well.




starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Dear Sony,

I heard you released a portable video games console.

Please release some video games for the video games console.

Sincerely,
Japan