Quantcast
Official Xenoblade thread- Opinions, thoughts and questions inside! Can it hit 1mil in sales next year? Sequel coming for Wii U???

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Xenoblade thread- Opinions, thoughts and questions inside! Can it hit 1mil in sales next year? Sequel coming for Wii U???

What is the best 'major' area in the game?

Colony 9 39 12.34%
 
Bionis' Leg 83 26.27%
 
The Marsh 20 6.33%
 
The Forest 17 5.38%
 
The Sea 24 7.59%
 
The Mountain 13 4.11%
 
The Valley 5 1.58%
 
Fallen Arm 22 6.96%
 
The Field of Metal 9 2.85%
 
See results! 73 23.10%
 
Total:305

I'm totally stuck in the fight against the Telethia. It can't even kill me, but since i can't touch it, i don't gain any points to use the anti-aura ability. Wtf?

edit: nvm, i got it. Apparently letting Shulk get knocked out and having Alvis res him puts the talent gauge back, then i could do it.

edit2: How does one deal with "Spike" damage? Seems to me like you either just deal with it, have Shulk in the group at all times from now on, or focus yet more on toppling (except on the guys with anti-topple spike?)

Is spike damage usually negligible, or is it something that really needs to be dealt with?



Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

I'm totally stuck in the fight against the Telethia. It can't even kill me, but since i can't touch it, i don't gain any points to use the anti-aura ability. Wtf?

edit: nvm, i got it. Apparently letting Shulk get knocked out and having Alvis res him puts the talent gauge back, then i could do it.

edit2: How does one deal with "Spike" damage? Seems to me like you either just deal with it, have Shulk in the group at all times from now on, or focus yet more on toppling (except on the guys with anti-topple spike?)

Is spike damage usually negligible, or is it something that really needs to be dealt with?


Well spike damage isn't a big deal for the most part. For the couple of enemies that do have spike just use Purge with Shulk. It's very easy to use Purge and just have Shulk use auto attacks to fill up the Talent gauge quickly again to keep using Purge as soon as it runs out. Very late in the game you can make spike resist gems. Don't remember if you can get some OK spike reisist gems earlier though.




Mr Khan said:

I'm totally stuck in the fight against the Telethia. It can't even kill me, but since i can't touch it, i don't gain any points to use the anti-aura ability. Wtf?

edit: nvm, i got it. Apparently letting Shulk get knocked out and having Alvis res him puts the talent gauge back, then i could do it.

edit2: How does one deal with "Spike" damage? Seems to me like you either just deal with it, have Shulk in the group at all times from now on, or focus yet more on toppling (except on the guys with anti-topple spike?)

Is spike damage usually negligible, or is it something that really needs to be dealt with?

When you get the Heropon, use him against spikey monsters. He has this unique ability to tunr enemies spikes against them. Will proove very useful late in the game.



Kenology said:
Conegamer said:
Kenology said:

C'mon, Cone, if you see enemies who are only level 70-74 and you're in the 90's, it's pretty obvious you're overleveled.  I'm not sure how anyone not realize that, lol.

I did tell you several posts back that I had finised Mechonis Core and then went on a side-quest, Colony 6 completing, UM-destroying spree.  Junks was still sitting in Colony 6 all this time and I only just made it to Prison Island for the second time yesterday.  And nope, being overleveled doesn't bother me one bit!

I suppose so! I did the same thing, but finished the main story first before doing the sidequests! :)

For some reason, I thought the point-of-no-return was when I boarded Junks in Colony 6.  I wasn't sure if I would be able to come back so I just did everything then.  Boy was I wrong!

Yep! There's another three areas after that one, but admittadly the point of no return is in the second to last one, in the Corridor of Silence.

Can I assume you've finished it now then?



 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

AndrewWK said:
Mr Khan said:

I'm totally stuck in the fight against the Telethia. It can't even kill me, but since i can't touch it, i don't gain any points to use the anti-aura ability. Wtf?

edit: nvm, i got it. Apparently letting Shulk get knocked out and having Alvis res him puts the talent gauge back, then i could do it.

edit2: How does one deal with "Spike" damage? Seems to me like you either just deal with it, have Shulk in the group at all times from now on, or focus yet more on toppling (except on the guys with anti-topple spike?)

Is spike damage usually negligible, or is it something that really needs to be dealt with?

When you get the Heropon, use him against spikey monsters. He has this unique ability to tunr enemies spikes against them. Will proove very useful late in the game.

Don't forget that Melia also has Reflection, which can send spikes back on the enemies, and Starlight Kick, which auto-topples to remove spikes anyway, and Mind Blast, which removes Auras as well.

Melia is a one-women Spike-killing machine. Fortuntely, very few main story bosses have spike, and only really UM's have normal spike damage. Some of them are useful, like the ones which put you to sleep, as it allows you to quickly build affinity. Some of them, like the Instant-Death spike...yeah, not so fun. I wouldn't worry about using Shulk, but practice with Melia, because she's the best character, but the hardest to use.

And for the Telethia fights, you need to either use Purge or Mind Blast to remove the Auras. Keep an eye out for that!



 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
AndrewWK said:
Mr Khan said:

I'm totally stuck in the fight against the Telethia. It can't even kill me, but since i can't touch it, i don't gain any points to use the anti-aura ability. Wtf?

edit: nvm, i got it. Apparently letting Shulk get knocked out and having Alvis res him puts the talent gauge back, then i could do it.

edit2: How does one deal with "Spike" damage? Seems to me like you either just deal with it, have Shulk in the group at all times from now on, or focus yet more on toppling (except on the guys with anti-topple spike?)

Is spike damage usually negligible, or is it something that really needs to be dealt with?

When you get the Heropon, use him against spikey monsters. He has this unique ability to tunr enemies spikes against them. Will proove very useful late in the game.

Don't forget that Melia also has Reflection, which can send spikes back on the enemies, and Starlight Kick, which auto-topples to remove spikes anyway, and Mind Blast, which removes Auras as well.

Melia is a one-women Spike-killing machine. Fortuntely, very few main story bosses have spike, and only really UM's have normal spike damage. Some of them are useful, like the ones which put you to sleep, as it allows you to quickly build affinity. Some of them, like the Instant-Death spike...yeah, not so fun. I wouldn't worry about using Shulk, but practice with Melia, because she's the best character, but the hardest to use.

And for the Telethia fights, you need to either use Purge or Mind Blast to remove the Auras. Keep an eye out for that!

Against Spikey opponents, she and the Heropon are the winning formula. I did it this way and never had fight an enemy three times anyway. But against the most bosses there are always better combos.



i can't teleport myself to alcamorth or prison island because of zanza destroyed them,
does that mean i'll not be able to go back there anymore ?



leader_e said:
i can't teleport myself to alcamorth or prison island because of zanza destroyed them,
is that mean i'll not be able to go back there anymore ?

Woah, settle down there (use spoiler tags please! It's under "Styles" if you can't see it!)

As for your question, correct, in a sense. You can't go back to Prison Island, but you can still use the teleporter in Eryth Sea to get back to Alcamoth. It's simply overrun by Telethia, of 85-90 level. So if you're up for it...



 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

AndrewWK said:
Conegamer said:
AndrewWK said:
Mr Khan said:

I'm totally stuck in the fight against the Telethia. It can't even kill me, but since i can't touch it, i don't gain any points to use the anti-aura ability. Wtf?

edit: nvm, i got it. Apparently letting Shulk get knocked out and having Alvis res him puts the talent gauge back, then i could do it.

edit2: How does one deal with "Spike" damage? Seems to me like you either just deal with it, have Shulk in the group at all times from now on, or focus yet more on toppling (except on the guys with anti-topple spike?)

Is spike damage usually negligible, or is it something that really needs to be dealt with?

When you get the Heropon, use him against spikey monsters. He has this unique ability to tunr enemies spikes against them. Will proove very useful late in the game.

Don't forget that Melia also has Reflection, which can send spikes back on the enemies, and Starlight Kick, which auto-topples to remove spikes anyway, and Mind Blast, which removes Auras as well.

Melia is a one-women Spike-killing machine. Fortuntely, very few main story bosses have spike, and only really UM's have normal spike damage. Some of them are useful, like the ones which put you to sleep, as it allows you to quickly build affinity. Some of them, like the Instant-Death spike...yeah, not so fun. I wouldn't worry about using Shulk, but practice with Melia, because she's the best character, but the hardest to use.

And for the Telethia fights, you need to either use Purge or Mind Blast to remove the Auras. Keep an eye out for that!

Against Spikey opponents, she and the Heropon are the winning formula. I did it this way and never had fight an enemy three times anyway. But against the most bosses there are always better combos.

I'd say Shulk is more useful than the Heropon, by the simple fact that Shulk can use Monado Purge and use it to affect the entire party.

Most bosses I fought used the team Melia, Dunban, Riki, and I had very few problems. Only issue is I couldn't Daze easily, so sometimes I'd change Melia for the Machina in your party, that way everything fell together.



 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
leader_e said:
i can't teleport myself to alcamorth or prison island because of zanza destroyed them,
is that mean i'll not be able to go back there anymore ?

Woah, settle down there (use spoiler tags please! It's under "Styles" if you can't see it!)

As for your question, correct, in a sense. You can't go back to Prison Island, but you can still use the teleporter in Eryth Sea to get back to Alcamoth. It's simply overrun by Telethia, of 85-90 level. So if you're up for it...


sorry about the spoiler, i just noticed that i said something about the story.

from now and on i'll finish all the side quests first