Quantcast
"Wii U MUCH more powerful than ps3/360"-THQ

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "Wii U MUCH more powerful than ps3/360"-THQ

Your reaction?

WHAT THE FUCK! 77 100.00%
 
Total:77
Roma said:
maverick40 said:
Roma said:
maverick40 said:
My reaction: So you bring up an article from september 2011 to try make yourself feel better about what was said last week form an actual 3rd party dev. Which was this:

So far the hardware's been on par with what we have with the current generations. Based on what I understand, the resolution and textures and polycounts and all that stuff, we're not going to being doing anything to up-rez the game, but we'll take advantage of the controller for sure.'

The rest of the article is here:

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/894222-wii-u-on-par-with-xbox-360-ps3-says-darksiders-ii-dev


No it’s not too make myself feel better as I already know it will be more than “on par” with current gen

You don’t build a powerful console and downgrade it, that’s just stupid! You have something and then add too it and make it more powerful hence the “on par with 360” romurs that came from devs with early devkits


Does it make sense to you that it was much powerful and then all of a sudden it is now on par with PS360?



Of course it makes sense, but now we hear from an actual dev who is making a launch title on the system that it is on par with the current gen hd/consoles. Of coruse over the years the games will look better. The fact of the matter is, if i don't see launch titles better than Uncharted 3 then it is a no buy from me. Which is dissappointing for me because I have a wii and gamecube!

It makes sense too you that it went backwards instead of forwards with power? -.-

 

 

I give up…



That is not what I said!! the fact is you believed Nintendo pr bull and now we hear from a dev and you think they are lying or something. 



Around the Network
maverick40 said:
Roma said:
maverick40 said:
Roma said:
maverick40 said:
My reaction: So you bring up an article from september 2011 to try make yourself feel better about what was said last week form an actual 3rd party dev. Which was this:

So far the hardware's been on par with what we have with the current generations. Based on what I understand, the resolution and textures and polycounts and all that stuff, we're not going to being doing anything to up-rez the game, but we'll take advantage of the controller for sure.'

The rest of the article is here:

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/894222-wii-u-on-par-with-xbox-360-ps3-says-darksiders-ii-dev


No it’s not too make myself feel better as I already know it will be more than “on par” with current gen

You don’t build a powerful console and downgrade it, that’s just stupid! You have something and then add too it and make it more powerful hence the “on par with 360” romurs that came from devs with early devkits


Does it make sense to you that it was much powerful and then all of a sudden it is now on par with PS360?



Of course it makes sense, but now we hear from an actual dev who is making a launch title on the system that it is on par with the current gen hd/consoles. Of coruse over the years the games will look better. The fact of the matter is, if i don't see launch titles better than Uncharted 3 then it is a no buy from me. Which is dissappointing for me because I have a wii and gamecube!

It makes sense too you that it went backwards instead of forwards with power? -.-

 

 

I give up…



That is not what I said!! the fact is you believed Nintendo pr bull and now we hear from a dev and you think they are lying or something. 

you said "of course it makes snese"

Yeah I get what you mean as Nintendo always says and shows things and then when the product comes out the graphics aren’t as was promised

Oh wait I confused that with Sony sorry

Devs know more than Nintendo confirmed! does that make sense too you?





    R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(


maverick40 said:
milkyjoe said:
miz1q2w3e said:
I hate all the random conflicting reports, I wish we could get some solid info just so all this speculation would stop.

I honestly don't care about how powerful it is, as long as it can handle multiplats better than Wii I'll be happy with just one console again.

I imagine that the closer we get to E3 in June, the more conflicting reports we'll get as it'll be the last chance for wild speculation, with the final week seeing the most intense speculation. So you'll enjoy the next few months.

So wild speculation is now a direct interview with a wii u third party dev now??? These guys are actually working with the wii u at the moment so I would believe what Vigil have to say more than the pr bull we hear from Nintendo/sony and Microsoft the whole time. 

Yes. That is exactly what I said.

"We'll get lots of speculation in the next few months."

"This is speculation."

The same thing.

Try harder.



VGChartz

Roma said:
maverick40 said:
Roma said:
maverick40 said:
Roma said:
maverick40 said:
My reaction: So you bring up an article from september 2011 to try make yourself feel better about what was said last week form an actual 3rd party dev. Which was this:

So far the hardware's been on par with what we have with the current generations. Based on what I understand, the resolution and textures and polycounts and all that stuff, we're not going to being doing anything to up-rez the game, but we'll take advantage of the controller for sure.'

The rest of the article is here:

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/894222-wii-u-on-par-with-xbox-360-ps3-says-darksiders-ii-dev


No it’s not too make myself feel better as I already know it will be more than “on par” with current gen

You don’t build a powerful console and downgrade it, that’s just stupid! You have something and then add too it and make it more powerful hence the “on par with 360” romurs that came from devs with early devkits


Does it make sense to you that it was much powerful and then all of a sudden it is now on par with PS360?



Of course it makes sense, but now we hear from an actual dev who is making a launch title on the system that it is on par with the current gen hd/consoles. Of coruse over the years the games will look better. The fact of the matter is, if i don't see launch titles better than Uncharted 3 then it is a no buy from me. Which is dissappointing for me because I have a wii and gamecube!

It makes sense too you that it went backwards instead of forwards with power? -.-

 

 

I give up…



That is not what I said!! the fact is you believed Nintendo pr bull and now we hear from a dev and you think they are lying or something. 

you said "of course it makes snese"

Yeah I get what you mean as Nintendo always says and shows things and then when the product comes out the graphics aren’t as was promised

Oh wait I confused that with Sony sorry

Devs know more than Nintendo confirmed! does that make sense too you?



i'm sorry but could you stick to facts instead of making things up? you lose credibility when you say ignorant bull.



rutea7 said:
Roma said:
maverick40 said:
Roma said:
maverick40 said:
Roma said:
maverick40 said:
My reaction: So you bring up an article from september 2011 to try make yourself feel better about what was said last week form an actual 3rd party dev. Which was this:

So far the hardware's been on par with what we have with the current generations. Based on what I understand, the resolution and textures and polycounts and all that stuff, we're not going to being doing anything to up-rez the game, but we'll take advantage of the controller for sure.'

The rest of the article is here:

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/894222-wii-u-on-par-with-xbox-360-ps3-says-darksiders-ii-dev


No it’s not too make myself feel better as I already know it will be more than “on par” with current gen

You don’t build a powerful console and downgrade it, that’s just stupid! You have something and then add too it and make it more powerful hence the “on par with 360” romurs that came from devs with early devkits


Does it make sense to you that it was much powerful and then all of a sudden it is now on par with PS360?



Of course it makes sense, but now we hear from an actual dev who is making a launch title on the system that it is on par with the current gen hd/consoles. Of coruse over the years the games will look better. The fact of the matter is, if i don't see launch titles better than Uncharted 3 then it is a no buy from me. Which is dissappointing for me because I have a wii and gamecube!

It makes sense too you that it went backwards instead of forwards with power? -.-

 

 

I give up…



That is not what I said!! the fact is you believed Nintendo pr bull and now we hear from a dev and you think they are lying or something. 

you said "of course it makes snese"

Yeah I get what you mean as Nintendo always says and shows things and then when the product comes out the graphics aren’t as was promised

Oh wait I confused that with Sony sorry

Devs know more than Nintendo confirmed! does that make sense too you?



i'm sorry but could you stick to facts instead of making things up? you lose credibility when you say ignorant bull.

Your crankiness is clouding your sarcasm detector I guess >_>

 

That’s for the Nintendo part and as for Sony well yeah if you have been gaming for a long time or at least the part where the PS2 was supposed to produce Toy story grafix then you should know what I’m talking about  





    R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(


Around the Network

How big is much more powerful? I mean, relatively speaking, if we're talking in terms of the NES to the SNES, that's quite a huge jump.

Well, enough of that, I for one can't wait to see what they have in store for E3. Because honestly, the only system worth getting next-gen is a Wii U since Sony and Microsoft first party is mediocre at best (I wonder when we'll ever get out of this shooter craze) and every other game is multiplat. Saves me a lot of trouble.



Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward = best game ever made.

I'd be very surprised if the Wii U isn't more powerful than a 7 year old console.



z101 said:


The "gaming" Director of Darksiders said that, but he has been (willingly?) missunderstood and the translation of this interview has been missunderstood too, he obviously meant that the Wii U version of Darksiders 2 will not have graphical advantages.

We know already that the Wii U is much more powerfull than PS360. Even from the last years E3-Demos. The PS360 are not able to render such screens like the garden scene on TV (720p) and Tablet (480p) simultaneous.


THIS.

If the machines were "on par" -- then why would the next sentence talk about "up-rez-ing."  The displays for the games are on par. 

Right now, Nintendo defenders are trying to prove that this person is wrong while detractors are pointing to this statement to confirm Pachter's assessement.  Folks, this argument will not be decided until we see the final products.  Let's wait til E3 -- at least.   Let's chill.

 

Mike from Morgantown



      


I am Mario.


I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

I heard the Wii-U is as powerful as two Wii's PLUS AN NES duct taped together.



Chrizum said:
I heard the Wii-U is as powerful as two Wii's PLUS AN NES duct taped together.


I heard it will almost be as powerful as a 2001 era PC!



Love and tolerate.