Date: Mar 5, 2012
Location: Redmond, WA, US
Job Category: Software Engineering: Program Management
Location: Redmond, WA, US
Job ID: 787348-75992
Division: Interactive Entertainment Business
Executive Producer - Core Publishing
Do you have strong business acumen, creative vision, and game development/production experience to define, build and lead a world-class production team?
Microsoft Studios (Xbox) is looking for a dynamic and seasoned Executive Producer to lead and develop a world-class team who will own the creation and delivery of a AAAA experience that delivers on 1st party goals and, more importantly, creates a fun gaming experience for our audience. The EP will be responsible for identifying a great development partner who shares our passion and goals, mapping the product roadmap, all aspects of production, from initial concept development through retaining world-class production capacity to delivering high-quality games that are on time and on budget, and improving the viral performance of the games.
Reporting into the Core Publishing team, the Executive Producer must be a mix of strong business leadership, the ability to influence and drive new business models forward, a creative thinker, pragmatic producer, entrepreneur and someone who has a great sense of what makes quality game experiences that promote our Xbox platform. The successful Executive Producer must be able to review concepts, manage partners and have a vision for entertainments future. Additionally, they must have proven experience interacting with production planning, technical teams, business groups and be able to sell their ideas to the highest levels of executive management.
-The EP will have P&L responsibility for a major Xbox AAAA console title.
-Deliver the end-to-end AAAA title experience (Concept, Prototype, Greenlight, Pre-Production, Production, Release, ongoing revenue streams and a complete franchise plan).
-Establish 1P goals and metrics exploiting the platform in innovative and differentiating ways.
-Maintain high-level relationships with external developers to guarantee a great working relationship and on time, on budget delivery of titles
-Represent and ensure that the project is aligned internally with all levels of the Studios organization
-Provide creative direction, identify properties and concepts with the greatest potential and drive the team to successful launch and ongoing development of game experiences
-Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
Qualifications and REQUIREMENTS:
- 8+ years of deep shipping experience in games production, both internal and external (Publishing scenarios a plus)
- Proven ability to blend business, creative and project management decision making
- Product portfolio management experience and insight
- High passion for the game industry (plays games, knows developer brands, etc.)
- A track record of defining, building and managing a world-class production group
- Proven track record of hiring and managing multiple production teams (internal & external) that have successfully delivered your products to the marketplace
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage and work within ambiguity to reach a successful outcome
- A technical degree (preferably Computer Science or other Engineering discipline)