WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL Wii U THREAD!!!
Wii U is Nintendo's sixth entry in the console gaming industry. There isn't enough hype for the Wii U on these forums, so my hope is that this thread will buid the hype up for the Wii U. The device has a huge variety of games that range from known console IPs such as Pikmin, Assassin's Creed, and Dragon Quest to NEW IPs such as NintendoLand, ZombiU, and Project Cars. The important thing to understand here is that many of the new console IPs have been built ground up to take full advantage of the Wii U' s capabilities. SO THESE ARE EXPERIENCES YOU CAN NOT FIND ANYWHERE ELSE! NOT EVEN ON THE VITA/PS3!!! OR ON XBOX SMARTGLASS!!!!!!
The Rumored Specs of the Wii U.
- CPU- IBM Power (R) 7 based quad-core processor clocked at arond 3 GHz.
- GPU- Custom AMD Radeon R700 HD GPU
- Video Output supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i. Compatible cables include HDMI, Component, S-Video, and Composite
- Storage- 8GB of Flash Storage , as well as the option to expand the memory with an SD card, or USB drive.
- I/O- USB 2.0 (4), HDMI, A/V, SD
- Dimensions- Approimately 1.8 inches tall, 6.8 inches wide, and 10.5 inches long
"You can hold vertically or horizontally and mostly use the touchscreen. And here around the bottom of the screen it has the same layout as the Nintendo 3DS so you're able to go to the Home Menu with the press of a button. It also has two analog Circle Pads. You can come up with many ways to play." -Shigeru Miyamoto, Iwata Asks: WIi U
- The screen is 6.2 inches with a 16.9 aspect ratio, and features a resistive touch panel
- Two clickable analog sticks (Similar to the Wii)
- Power button, home button, + Control Pad
- A/B/X/Y buttons, L/R buttons, ZL/ZR Buttons
- It also includes a built in accelerometer, gyroscope, force feedback, cmera, microphone, speakers, NFC communicator, and a sensor strip
Wii U FAQ by IGN
Following are various videos of E3 and CES content (Tech demos, software, etc)
Nintendo has confirmed that NN is more than a mere rebranding of Nintendo Wi-Fi Connecton. It has been hinted at that EA's Origin service will be a big part of the Wii U's online. Here is a full list of confirmed features.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/120127/05.html (Official Nintendo announcement of NN)
http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/2012/01/27/nintendo-reveals-wii-u-online-details-dlc-plans-and-exactly-what-a-nintendo-network-is/ (GameTrailers news article on NN)
Too lazy to make a sig.