Forums - General Discussion - CatchUp: The VGChartz Community News Thread

Tagged games:

Very nice thread, happy-D! How about making a Vita section, where you list the biggest recent Vita threads? The interest is high since it just launched. Would be interesting to see!

Watch this space - counting down to the GOTG soon

Around the Network
Thanks pezus. That's not a bad idea at all. My first objective is to link to the Vita Friends List thread M.U.G.E.N hinted at. But in the meantime I'll think up a structure for the Vita threads.

A question I'm thinking of is, for a specific platform (here Vita), do I link to official game threads, to any game thread, and/or to general new threads?

For news, The official Vita thread would probably cover that well enough. For game threads, on the Sony side I have the official TLoU thread. I'm thinking of adding official threads here more likely than just regular game threads, but what would you guys think is more both convenient and practical? Keep in mind more is not always equal to better.

I'm looking for feedback and for any official threads I'm missing.

In the meantime, I'll scaffold a Vita section for you, and see how that goes to get an idea of whether or not I want to go with that in the future, for all platforms ;)

pezus said:
Very nice thread, happy-D! How about making a Vita section, where you list the biggest recent Vita threads? The interest is high since it just launched. Would be interesting to see!

P, I'd like to start scaffolding this later today, and make it fit the style I have in the article reference section (consice and easy to navigate).

Could you supply me with a sample of 5-10 Vita threads so I can try to work something out? That would be awesome. Official, not official, tourney, it's all good the more varied the better the exercise will be for me to learn from and construct!



happydolphin said:
pezus said:
Very nice thread, happy-D! How about making a Vita section, where you list the biggest recent Vita threads? The interest is high since it just launched. Would be interesting to see!

P, I'd like to start scaffolding this later today, and make it fit the style I have in the article reference section (consice and easy to navigate).

Could you supply me with a sample of 5-10 Vita threads so I can try to work something out? That would be awesome. Official, not official, tourney, it's all good the more varied the better the exercise will be for me to learn from and construct!

All right, I'll find some interesting ones for you. Also, some users probably can't be bothered to read the whole official Vita thread so listing some individual Vita news threads would be good:

Street Fighter X Tekken Vita this fall with new characters

Vita impressions from the community

Vita vs. 3DS vs. iPhone 4S

Vita OS discussion and comparisons

Vita sales in Japan this week

Wi-Fi or 3G for Vita?

And many more to come as more people get their hands on it.



Watch this space - counting down to the GOTG soon

I'm not able to include all of them, I appended the reasons. But I have an awesome idea after this list.

Street Fighter X Tekken Vita this fall with new characters This is one news segment on a game. I would rather link to a main thread on this specific game.

Vita impressions from the community This fits. I will add it to the gaming community section.

Vita vs. 3DS vs. iPhone 4S This is an editorial from another site and is not reference.

Vita OS discussion and comparisons This is an opinion OP and is not scalable (I would need a link for each opinion OP, smthg I can't manage sadly).

Vita sales in Japan this week This is good. I have it in the Article Reference section.

Wi-Fi or 3G for Vita?  Good stuff,EDIT: Added, thread includes a resourceful poll.

 

My idea was, for the more ethereal threads (which come and go, not official, opinion, temporary news pieces that are subject to change or only reflect an aspect of a game or subject), someone could make a Vita Repository which would contain all of those. I would link to certain solid or official Vita threads here, as well as link to that new archive, if it's made.

What do you think?



Around the Network

NEWS FLASH: I got in a car wreck yesterday!!!

I just paid my car bill for the month and was pulling up to a stop sign and then bam!!! A 5 mph collision! Multiple police, fire, and medical units were called while I was rescued by the jaws of life after experiencing sever whiplash after the catastrophic collision of being rear ended by a Nissan Xterra.



Sorry it happened Seth! I hope you're ok.

I don't like having to ask this, but could you post personal new somewhere else please? This thread is for resources people would like to know about in general, in VGChartz. Mostly links and events within the forum. (I updated OP to clarify sorry if I wasn't clear)

But if you make a thread about it and garner views and user attention, I will probably link to it here. (As superficial as that sounds, that's what this thread is here for...) :S 

There must be a thread for tragedies and such... :( Again I wish you well.



happydolphin said:

I'm not able to include all of them, I appended the reasons. But I have an awesome idea after this list.

Street Fighter X Tekken Vita this fall with new characters This is one news segment on a game. I would rather link to a main thread on this specific game.

Vita impressions from the community This fits. I will add it to the gaming community section.

Vita vs. 3DS vs. iPhone 4S This is an editorial from another site and is not reference.

Vita OS discussion and comparisons This is an opinion OP and is not scalable (I would need a link for each opinion OP, smthg I can't manage sadly).

Vita sales in Japan this week This is good. I have it in the Article Reference section.

Wi-Fi or 3G for Vita?  Good stuff, but I'll add this when Zlejedi actually compiles the results, otherwise I wouldn't consider it serious enough.

 

My idea was, for the more ethereal threads (which come and go, not official, opinion, temporary news pieces that are subject to change or only reflect an aspect of a game or subject), someone could make a Vita Repository which would contain all of those. I would link to certain solid or official Vita threads here, as well as link to that new archive, if it's made.

What do you think?

Yeah, if anyone's interested. Maybe you should make it?



Watch this space - counting down to the GOTG soon

This is already alot :) Plus the Italian thread and the stocks thread, and my usual surfing, I'm capped

Around the Network
Oh damn I thought I could use this thread as my own personal blog. I could have sworn I had a lot of followers. Maybe that was just all in my head. Nice thread though and sorry I was tempted to throw a personal news story in there.