Forums - Music Discussion - Worldwide Weekly Album Sales Chart: 'Madonna debuts at #1 with 740k, Adele falls to #3'

So many names I've never heard before in my life.
Even one (maybe two) months ago I didn't even know who this Adele chick is.

Around the Network
Barozi said:
So many names I've never heard before in my life.
Even one (maybe two) months ago I didn't even know who this Adele chick is.

Same here, I often wonder how see became such a mega hit. See has a great voice, sure, but so do many others that didn't get nearly the same attention.



Watch this space - counting down to the GOTG soon

pezus said:
Barozi said:
So many names I've never heard before in my life.
Even one (maybe two) months ago I didn't even know who this Adele chick is.

Same here, I often wonder how see became such a mega hit. See has a great voice, sure, but so do many others that didn't get nearly the same attention.

I think it's because what she sings feels real and right now this is incredibly refreshing in the sea of songs about partying, clubbing, drinking and dancing. Don't get me wrong, I love these kind of songs but Adele's heartfelt songs really stand out from the lot.



"The path of the righteous poster is beset on all sides by the inequities of the trollish and the tyranny of flaming men.
Blessed is he, who in the name of decency and good discussion, stays on topic through the valley of cheap shots, for he is truly his forum's keeper and the finder of lost quality.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to flame and troll other users.
And you will know my name is the Mod when I lay my banhammer upon thee.
"

From Hits Daily Double (a company that accurately tracks US weekly sales:

ADELE, WHITNEY HEAT UP: It’s the perfect storm for six-time Grammy winner Adele’s XL/Columbia album 21, as the release explodes at retail, marking a year since its release last Feb. Judging by how sales settle after the post-Grammy, post-Valentine’s Day rush, Adele should do, conservatively, between 550-600k this week—her best to date—making her #1 for the, coincidentally, 21st week, tying the Soundscan mark set by MC Hammer’s Please Hammer Don’t Hurt ‘Em in 1990. And, ironically, bettering the 20 weeks logged at #1 by the late Whitney Houston's The Bodyguard soundtrack. Adele's previous album, 19, and live DVD are also catching fire in the marketplace. 


Join the new subreddit: www.reddit.com/r/VGChartz
man-bear-pig said:

From Hits Daily Double (a company that accurately tracks US weekly sales:

ADELE, WHITNEY HEAT UP: It’s the perfect storm for six-time Grammy winner Adele’s XL/Columbia album 21, as the release explodes at retail, marking a year since its release last Feb. Judging by how sales settle after the post-Grammy, post-Valentine’s Day rush, Adele should do, conservatively, between 550-600k this week—her best to date—making her #1 for the, coincidentally, 21st week, tying the Soundscan mark set by MC Hammer’s Please Hammer Don’t Hurt ‘Em in 1990. And, ironically, bettering the 20 weeks logged at #1 by the late Whitney Houston's The Bodyguard soundtrack. Adele's previous album, 19, and live DVD are also catching fire in the marketplace. 

550k for the US only that's incredible! I wonder how she'll do worldwide.



"The path of the righteous poster is beset on all sides by the inequities of the trollish and the tyranny of flaming men.
Blessed is he, who in the name of decency and good discussion, stays on topic through the valley of cheap shots, for he is truly his forum's keeper and the finder of lost quality.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to flame and troll other users.
And you will know my name is the Mod when I lay my banhammer upon thee.
"

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
man-bear-pig said:

From Hits Daily Double (a company that accurately tracks US weekly sales:

ADELE, WHITNEY HEAT UP: It’s the perfect storm for six-time Grammy winner Adele’s XL/Columbia album 21, as the release explodes at retail, marking a year since its release last Feb. Judging by how sales settle after the post-Grammy, post-Valentine’s Day rush, Adele should do, conservatively, between 550-600k this week—her best to date—making her #1 for the, coincidentally, 21st week, tying the Soundscan mark set by MC Hammer’s Please Hammer Don’t Hurt ‘Em in 1990. And, ironically, bettering the 20 weeks logged at #1 by the late Whitney Houston's The Bodyguard soundtrack. Adele's previous album, 19, and live DVD are also catching fire in the marketplace. 

550k for the US only that's incredible! I wonder how she'll do worldwide.

I'd say about 800-850k! Ridiculous sales.



Join the new subreddit: www.reddit.com/r/VGChartz

Album Chart
week 8 / 2012 - February 25
the top-selling albums according to global
sales figures and national album charts
issue date: February 16, 2012
copyright (C) 2012 - all rights reserved

mediatraffic.jpg (4494 bytes) 

2 / 1
week 55
Adele - 21 platina.gif (873 bytes)8
XL Recordings - 369.000 - 33 weeks at No.1 - Largest Sales Increase
arrow.GIF (994 bytes)
new.JPG (991 bytes) Van Halen - A Different Kind Of Truth
Interscope - 284.000 - Hot Shot Debut
arrow.GIF (994 bytes)
1 / -
week 2
Lana Del Rey - Born To Die
Stranger / Interscope - 198.000
 
new.JPG (991 bytes) L'arc-En-Ciel - Butterfly
Kioon Records Japan - 171.000
arrow.GIF (994 bytes)
new.JPG (991 bytes) Paul McCartney - Kisses On The Bottom
Hear Music - 155.000
arrow.GIF (994 bytes)
3 / -
week 2
Leonard Cohen - Old Ideas
Columbia - 116.000
 
new.JPG (991 bytes) The Fray - Scars & Stories
Epic - 93.000
arrow.GIF (994 bytes)
6 / 4
week 17
Coldplay - Mylo Xyloto platina.gif (873 bytes)2
Parlophone / Capitol - 76.000
arrow.GIF (994 bytes)
new.JPG (991 bytes) Whitney Houston - The Greatest Hits platina.gif (873 bytes)2
RCA - 68.000
arrow.GIF (994 bytes)
13 / 12
week 69
Adele - 19 platina.gif (873 bytes)2
XL Recordings - 60.000
arrow.GIF (994 bytes)

11.jpg 11 / 15
week 34
LMFAO - Sorry For Party Rocking
Interscope - 59.000
arrow.GIF (994 bytes)
12.jpg new.JPG (991 bytes) Dierks Bentley - Home
Capitol Nashville - 58.000
arrow.GIF (994 bytes)
13.jpg 7 / 7
week 12
Rihanna - Talk That Talk platina.gif (873 bytes)
Def Jam - 54.000
 
14.jpg 8 / 6
week 10
Amy Winehouse - Lioness: Hidden Treasures platina.gif (873 bytes)
Island - 49.000
 
15.jpg 14 / 10
week 24
David Guetta - Nothing But The Beat
EMI Music - 49.000
arrow.GIF (994 bytes)
16.jpg 10 / 8
week 10
Black Keys - El Camino
Nonesuch - 49.000
arrow.GIF (994 bytes)
17.jpg new.JPG (991 bytes) Maverick Sabre - Lonely Are The Brave
Mercury - 45.000
arrow.GIF (994 bytes)
18.jpg 22 / 30
week 13
Kelly Clarkson - Stronger
RCA - 42.000
arrow.GIF (994 bytes)
19.jpg 16 / 16
week 13
Drake - Take Care
Cash Money - 41.000
arrow.GIF (994 bytes)
20.jpg 17 / 13
week 63
Bruno Mars - Doo-Wops & Hooligans platina.gif (873 bytes)2
Elektra / Warner Bros. - 41.000
arrow.GIF (994 bytes)
21.jpg 15 / 23
week 9
Gotye - Making Mirrors
Universal Music Australia - 36.000
 
22.jpg 4 / -
week 2
Ayaka - The Beginning
A Station / Avex Trax - 35.000
 
23.jpg new.JPG (991 bytes) Xavier Naidoo - Danke Fürs Zuhören
Naidoo Records / Tonpool Germany - 34.000
arrow.GIF (994 bytes)
24.jpg 18 / 22
week 12
Nickelback - Here And Now
Roadrunner - 33.000
 
25.jpg new.JPG (991 bytes) Air - Le Voyage Dans La Lune
Virgin - 33.000
arrow.GIF (994 bytes)
26.jpg 40 / 37
week 22
Lady Antebellum - Own The Night
Capitol Nashville - 30.000
arrow.GIF (994 bytes)
27.jpg 21 / 20
week 4
Kidz Bop Kids - Kidz Bop 21
Razor & Tie - 28.000
 
28.jpg 20 / 19
week 25
Foster The People - Torches
Startime / Columbia - 28.000
 
29.jpg - / -
week 10
One Direction - Up All Night
Syco Music - 28.000
arrow.GIF (994 bytes)
30.jpg - / -
week 11
Soundtrack - Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 1
Chop Shop / Atlantic - 28.000
arrow.GIF (994 bytes)
31.jpg 23 / 18
week 15
Florence & The Machine - Ceremonials
Universal Republic / Island - 28.000
 
32.jpg 25 / 28
week 21
Ed Sheeran - Plus
Asylum - 28.000
 
33.jpg 26 / 24
week 9
Skrillex - Bangarang
Big Beat / Atlantic - 27.000
 
34.jpg 19 / 5
week 3
Tim McGraw - Emotional Traffic
Curb - 27.000
 
35.jpg - / -
week 37
Jason Aldean - My Kinda Party platina.gif (873 bytes)
Broken Bow - 26.000
arrow.GIF (994 bytes)
36.jpg 33 / 29
week 38
Lady GaGa - Born This Way platina.gif (873 bytes)2
Interscope - 26.000
arrow.GIF (994 bytes)
37.jpg - / 17
week 2
Various Artists - Chimes Of Freedom (2 disc set + 4 disc set)
Amnesty International - 25.000
arrow.GIF (994 bytes)
38.jpg new.JPG (991 bytes) Serrat & Sabina - La Orquesta Del Titanic
Sony Music Spain - 25.000
arrow.GIF (994 bytes)
39.jpg new.JPG (991 bytes) Mark Lanegan Band - Blues Funeral
4AD / Beggars Group - 25.000
arrow.GIF (994 bytes)
40.jpg - / -
week 6
Luke Bryan - Tailgates & Tanlines
Capitol Nashville - 24.000
arrow.GIF (994 bytes)

arrow.GIF (994 bytes)

albums with sales gains this week    platina.gif (124 Byte) albums with global sales of 2 million copies


Join the new subreddit: www.reddit.com/r/VGChartz
Do you know what Adele is at lifetime with 21?

 

Seece said:
Do you know what Adele is at lifetime with 21?


17,389,000. Plus about 800k next week, I think this will reach 25million lifetime. Which is absurd sales in today's market!



Join the new subreddit: www.reddit.com/r/VGChartz
Around the Network
Seece said:
Do you know what Adele is at lifetime with 21?

The week before she "[broke] through the 17 million border with the total sales" so with these sales she must be at 17.4 - 17.5 million.

@m-b-p: These numbers include sales up to Saturday February 11th right?



"The path of the righteous poster is beset on all sides by the inequities of the trollish and the tyranny of flaming men.
Blessed is he, who in the name of decency and good discussion, stays on topic through the valley of cheap shots, for he is truly his forum's keeper and the finder of lost quality.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to flame and troll other users.
And you will know my name is the Mod when I lay my banhammer upon thee.
"